Another Red Carpet Manicure TSV 23/8/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I must be missing something, here. Both Leighton and OPI offer products to aid in every stage of treating our nails. What is the actual purpose of the RCM system? From what I can see, the only difference is the drying process, being via LED lamp, and the polishes are gel. So I cannot fathom why someone who is perfectly happy with their LD, would choose to try this product. It seems to me, that they are trying to lure people in to buy the tsv, by alleging this is an innovative way of doing your nails, by using a lamp to speed up the drying. But the other ranges on the Q offer products to do this. Also, why would some reviews claim they have never had better nails, since using RCM? IMO, it makes doing your nails into a load of kerfuffle! More likely to put me off doing my nails.
btw, Chloe has just stated, you will get the right results, if you use the correct products - she was showing us the gel polish remover - which WE CAN PROVIDE YOU WITH. Talk about blackmail or hard sell!

I use the RCM and it lasts much longer than standard polish (and a lot longer than Leighton Denny, which just comes off so easily on me). It needs doing only once every couple of weeks, rather than once every couple of days! A distinct advantage. Apart from the Haute Polish there is no other range on QVC that offers that kind of longevity.
And do we really expect Chloe to say that you can get the removal liquid anywhere? It would be like the woman on the tannoy at Tesco advising us we could also get something from Sainsbury!
I'm not surprised that a television shopping channel would be wanting us to buy things from them …

I bought the first TSV which I think was early last year and it has made a massive difference to my nails. I also love LD polishes, but they don't stay on. If I washed the car for instance or clean out the garage my manicure would be ruined, but with the RCM system I put it on before I do such a job and my nails are protected and the gel is just the same after the job.

I am working today and have the gel on from over 2 weeks ago. Tomorrow I will take it off and soak my nails in almond oil for a couple of days then reapply it.

Also I don't rough up the nail before I put on the gel system which I feel better about. I find that if there is no overlap of the gel on the cuticle or the side of the nail then it doesn't lift.

My nails are hugely improved with Red Carpet Manicure!

It gives them enough protection to actually grow and not break and flake off!!

I use it more for its thickening/protection properties, rather than the colours.....but if I want colours, I can add them.

I also find if I add non RCM colours on the top, they last longer. because they have a good base.

My natural nails are......I dont know really.......oily maybe???? :confused:

But base coat, varnish, nail envy......nothing seems to stick to them properly!!

But once I have RCM on, it sticks to THAT!!

:giggle:

Btw I had a Shellac manicure on a cruise in April and my nails were wrecked by it, its taken until now (and RCM) to get them strong and long again.

So IMHO not all gel systems are equal.

I must be missing something, here. Both Leighton and OPI offer products to aid in every stage of treating our nails. What is the actual purpose of the RCM system? From what I can see, the only difference is the drying process, being via LED lamp, and the polishes are gel. So I cannot fathom why someone who is perfectly happy with their LD, would choose to try this product. It seems to me, that they are trying to lure people in to buy the tsv, by alleging this is an innovative way of doing your nails, by using a lamp to speed up the drying. But the other ranges on the Q offer products to do this. Also, why would some reviews claim they have never had better nails, since using RCM? IMO, it makes doing your nails into a load of kerfuffle! More likely to put me off doing my nails.
btw, Chloe has just stated, you will get the right results, if you use the correct products - she was showing us the gel polish remover - which WE CAN PROVIDE YOU WITH. Talk about blackmail or hard sell!

My experience is identical to Sallymc's; my nails grow but had become thin and bendy recently so nail varnish would lift off once water got underneath. I'd even tried wearing latex gloves to wash my hair to minimise the time my nails spent in water. The surface of RCM (and other gel and acrylic nails) is smoother and more stable. I wouldn't bother buying the RCM colours and once the ones I have run out I'll only replace the top and base coats. Any nail polish applied on top lasts for weeks or can be changed frequently as long as I use non-acetone polish remover which won't touch the RCM coats.

I ordered as waived previously as thought it maybe a faff. Am lucky if I get more than a couple of days from any polish whether professional applied and brand. Well it arrived yesterday and so far quite impressed was easier than I thought.
Now to see how long it lasts, I am not expecting to get weeks as my nails tend to grow quickly.

I have been using mine for about 8 weeks now and I LOVE IT.
My nails have at long last started growing, but they are very weak and bend so the gel polish gives them the protection they need.
I have also started to use oil on them several times a day, which I hope will help them to grow and I may finally have the long nails I long for.
Good luck to all those of you who are trying it for the first time. I hope you love it as much as a lot of us do.

I bought this TSV and tried it for the first time yesterday. I am impressed so far love the colors, I have to say it will take practice as usual with me one hand looks a lot neater than the other!

its imo quite obvious why the gel nails would work over a normal varnish I am lucky to get 2 days with any of the top nail products..wish I had bought the kit now!

I received my RCM on Tuesday and used it straight away. Obviously it's too early to tell how long it lasts before it needs removing but so far I LOVE it. I found it very easy and straightforward to apply; I did four fingers on one hand completely, then the other hand, then my thumbs. Really pleased that I read all the reviews on here and went for it.

I received my RCM on Tuesday and used it straight away. Obviously it's too early to tell how long it lasts before it needs removing but so far I LOVE it. I found it very easy and straightforward to apply; I did four fingers on one hand completely, then the other hand, then my thumbs. Really pleased that I read all the reviews on here and went for it.
Someone I think it was Marina suggested drying all five of one hand. Just make your hand into a claw and hold the lamp over your clawed hand. I do that as it saves having to do the thumbs separately. I can do the whole application in under 30 mins.

Latest posts

Back