Apple Ipad TSV 21/07/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was excited to see an Apple TSV... and then I saw the 'package'...

Lots and lots of 'added value' to justify the price rather than just selling the iPad on its own so that a direct price comparison can be made with John Lewis.

Edited to add: Haven't we seen this somewhere before?

http://www.qvcuk.com/APPLE-iPad-16G...c=503700-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-503700

This package is pretty pricey when compared to JL.

Last edited:
Think iPads are the same price anywhere you get them so QVC can't really discount them which is why they have to do the package. Which does look dull!

I thought we were meant to be getting the mini as a tsv, or have they changed their minds?

I think the full-size 16GB ipad is £399 everywhere, except I got mine from Tesco with double clubcard points, also £20 off any purchace over £200, so I got money off without them breaking Apple's rules!

I am surprised that Apple can price fix, no-one else can get away with it.

Last edited:
The Ipad mini is the Tsv on the 21st , Lee has already posted about this a week ago lol

Oh no! I'd love a Mini. Will someone come and take my credit cards. You will likely use them less than I do.

Have you got any more details then please

Sorry don't no anymore yet this is what Lee posted on fb

Make sure you tune in to QVC on 21st July as we will have the iPad Mini as a TSV!!! Woop woop In additional we'll also have the iPhone 5, MacBook Pro with retina display, MacBook Air and the iPod Nano.

Will be interested if there's a Mini iPad on Easy Pay. Would prefer a 3G one to Wifi though...

I think the full-size 16GB ipad is £399 everywhere, except I got mine from Tesco with double clubcard points, also £20 off any purchace over £200, so I got money off without them breaking Apple's rules!

I am surprised that Apple can price fix, no-one else can get away with it.

Amazon and Google do pretty much he same with their Kindle and Nexus lines - you don't send to get discounts unless Amazon or Google are offering the same discount. Not really sure if they do it by telling the shop if they don't charge a certain price them they will not be allowed to sell it or if they sell them to the shops at a price where the shop could not discount them.

There are rumours that Apple are to release the 'IPad Mini 2' later on this year. Normally, when a newer version of a model is due on the market, Apple will discount the current model to get rid of old stock. The dilemma is do you buy what will soon be an out-dated model at a reduced price, or wait and buy a new model with up-dated spec, but at full price.

I have the iPad mini and I can absolutely recommend it... I love mine and it is a lot more portable because of its smaller size.

With the mini, I don't think you need to go for anything high spec unless you intend to store loads of files... I don't as I use my iPod for music and my laptop for photos, documents etc.

As to wifi vs 3G, most shopping centres have a wifi spot you can use... Coffee shops, bars, burger joints... lots of places... so (in my experience) the cheapest version is suitable for most people who just want to use it mostly from home with some connectivity on the go. Particularly as my iPhone can get me on the net in other places if I'm desperate.

Got mine from John Lewis:

http://www.johnlewis.com/apple-ipad-mini/ipad-mini/c8000030510?showAll=&sortOption=priceLow

£269 with 2 year warranty (free postage and option to collect in store at JL or Waitrose).

Last edited:
If you have an Ulster Bank Gold Card you can get an extra year's warranty. I got one to buy my MacBook Pro. I got 6 months interest free so I could get it and had 6 months to save for it as well as the free extra warranty.

There are rumours that Apple are to release the 'IPad Mini 2' later on this year. Normally, when a newer version of a model is due on the market, Apple will discount the current model to get rid of old stock. The dilemma is do you buy what will soon be an out-dated model at a reduced price, or wait and buy a new model with up-dated spec, but at full price.

New one! I don't like old tech! LOL

I was excited to see an Apple TSV... and then I saw the 'package'...

Lots and lots of 'added value' to justify the price rather than just selling the iPad on its own so that a direct price comparison can be made with John Lewis.

Edited to add: Haven't we seen this somewhere before?

http://www.qvcuk.com/APPLE-iPad-16G...c=503700-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-503700

This package is pretty pricey when compared to JL.

Ditto! I bought mine from John Lewis too. It's really portable and I use it for work everyday.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back