Are QVC Concerned?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lady Penelope

Registered Shopper
Their presenters are now regularly saying how good their p&p is and that it would cost more in petol and parking to go to the shops, etc. Don't they realise that we would be going shopping for other items anyway so it's not costing us any more?

As this is coming up so often and more and more people are complaining maybe, just maybe, they will do something about it. The p&p petition now has well over 700 signatures so please will you sign it, regardless of whether or not you think it will help, because if its successful and prices are lowered i'm sure you're not going to ask them if you can pay the higher price!!

Suzy Young
http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/pandp
QVC:STOP THE PandP

qvc postage is a bug bear but i shop around quite a bit now on the internet.

i bought a kenwood chef from amazon the box is huge and weighs a ton. got it withi 48 hours and saved a fortune buying from amazon.

the other end of the scale bought some lilly bulbs from qvc paid £4.95 p&p took nearly a month to arrive.
asked for my postage back as i thought that was excessive.

bought a jacket online from a small retailer in scotland.ordered in 3pm got it the next morning special delivery which was free.

i think that qvc can do better tbh.

I've signed today, I've stopped buying from Q recently for various reasons-but I do agree that the postage prices v's the delivery timescales are not up to scratch in comparison to other 'mail order' companies. Times change and if this petition encourages Q to review their policy then that would be a start!

Excessive p&p

I have signed today as well. Don't mind paying p&p as long as its a decent amount. I too have shopped at Amazon and got large items for less postage than QVC charge for a top.:happy:

(mum writes)

Same for me. I was needing some Smashbox O-Gloss. I looked at the QVC price with the P&P and balked so I went elsewhere. Found one of my regular ebay sellers had it in stock, got a better price on the product, free P&P and it was here the next morning. I still don't understand how QVC justify charging so much P&P for such a slow, poor service. The ebay sellers are great too - I rarely have problems but when something has gone wrong, it's always been corrected quickly and efficiently. And even the dreaded high street are usually ok with refunds within 30 days.

If a lone ebay seller can sell a product cheaper than QVC, with all their alleged buying power, just how much pure profit are they making on what they sell? For example, Kim and Co - how can they justify the high price for such apparently low cost product? There are umpteen stores that will sell you similar or better quality garments at a fraction of the price.

One time, I used to see things on the high street that I wouldn't buy because I knew QVC could get them much cheaper. Those days are long gone now though and invariably, QVC is the most expensive option, and will keep you waiting the longest. Their single advantage is easy payments, but given the high product cost, that's becoming less and less attractive, especially on brand name cosmetics.

Last edited:
Godfathers but I'm a cynical old boot. Free P&P will guarantee one thing. Price rises or squeezing the margins to suppliers which could mean we would lose non affiliated QVC brands.

Godfathers but I'm a cynical old boot. Free P&P will guarantee one thing. Price rises or squeezing the margins to suppliers which could mean we would lose non affiliated QVC brands.

I would rather see the total price shown on screen.
Surely it looks better to say here is the price and postage is free. We all know it's not free at all but it would look better to me anyhow.

Are QVC concerned? No, not really. They are still selling hundreds of thousands of pound worth of products a week. Unless 90% of those buying stopped they will not even blink, even up to 50% will not register with them. How many thousands are signed up to Facebook compared to these figures?

You will never get free shipping unless they are doing a special event.

They always did push the travelling into town and price of trains,parking your car etc. No doubt with petro being so expensive now they are really pushing shopping from home as a big saving.

Stop thinking of QVC UK as a seperate unit, its a gobal company USA(parent company),Japan,Germany and Italy. They are making money, can someone find the trading figures for the company? Unless they start loosing money big time worldwide they don't care about a few thousand people if that on facebook UK compaining and not buying.

Tinkerbelle - you may be surprised to know that I agree with you but I also agree 100% with Pickles, it is far better to see the the complete price you will pay on the screen with no hidden extras like p&p. I know the p&p is on the screen but I feel a lot of people get carried away with what looks like a good price and forget about p&p which, of course, is what QVC want us to do.

I know QVC is a global company but in other they get far better deals on p&p than we do here.

I have had three things I ordered from them recently simply not turn up which has hacked me off no end. Buy less and less from them as have had my pay frozen and simply have less cash to spare for treats and the p and p puts me off as I force myself to add it on when something does catch my eye. They don't sell much that you can't get elsewhere these days and when I do go to the dreaded high street I make a day of it and meet a friend for lunch and have a good browse round to so their much touted line about it all being toil and trauma doesn't apply to me!!

Tinkerbelle - you may be surprised to know that I agree with you but I also agree 100% with Pickles, it is far better to see the the complete price you will pay on the screen with no hidden extras like p&p. I know the p&p is on the screen but I feel a lot of people get carried away with what looks like a good price and forget about p&p which, of course, is what QVC want us to do.

I know QVC is a global company but in other they get far better deals on p&p than we do here.

But it is there is black and white. Not as one cost I agree but they don't hide the p&p and often the presenters say what the p&p will be.

I get that the prices for certain items seem high if you think about the size and weight but QVC is very clear about the cost. You either pay it or you don't. Simples.

You say postage is a hidden cost. It is hidden in plain sight.

If you (as in peeps signing the petition) want free P&P then that's your choice but it comes at a cost. And I don't believe that it will represent better value for money for all.

But it is about time they introduced COMBINED postage charges for each order.

It is ridiculous that you have to pay (say) £3-95 for a small, light item, and then the same again for exactly the same item, ordered at the same time, but in a different colour or size.

IW often has a combined and CAPPED charge eg as many craft items as you like, which could weigh a ton, for about £5.

But it is about time they introduced COMBINED postage charges for each order.

It is ridiculous that you have to pay (say) £3-95 for a small, light item, and then the same again for exactly the same item, ordered at the same time, but in a different colour or size.

IW often has a combined and CAPPED charge eg as many craft items as you like, which could weigh a ton, for about £5.

That's the thing that really annoys me too.

I agree that the P&P is a ruse to cover any returns under the 30 day MBG, especially with things that they can't easily re-sell like beauty products.

But having to pay two full price P&P for two of the same item, just in a different colour is beyond aggravating.

I have signed the petition for the simple reason that, the lower the p+p the better value for money. QVC's charges are not, however, that bad compared with some online sites.

That's the thing that really annoys me too.

I agree that the P&P is a ruse to cover any returns under the 30 day MBG, especially with things that they can't easily re-sell like beauty products.

But having to pay two full price P&P for two of the same item, just in a different colour is beyond aggravating.
I don't think the p&p isn't there to cover the MBG in the case of Elemis and I presume it's the same for other brands. Elemis has to pick up the cost of any returns not QVC. I was told that buy a senior exec at Elemis. He also said that at that time QVC was responsible for 50% of all global Elemis sales.

The other brands will probably have the same deal.

I agree that combining postage is a great idea and maybe some consistency in postage costs. Items up to a certain weight are £3.45 say and the next weight band is £4.45 and so on.

If they up the price to cover the free p&p the current combined postage offer goes out the window.

the first thing I do is look at the P & P of any item I might be interested in, and add it on, as I imagine everyone else does - if I still think it's a good offer, then probably I'll order. Capping or combining is a good idea but can't see it catching on with the powers-that-be at QVC - but it's so galling when you'd like 3 or 4 items of, say, a beauty range, and reckon up that in all likelihood you're going to be shelling out a good tenner and more on P & P - I begrudge that mightily! Don't forget the free phone calls..that has to be factored in somewhere, a lot of people still use the phone number and sit in a queue, maybe they don't like Q-Cut, or don't have a computer - I personally wouldn't like to have to pay for calls, but at least if you order on-line that doesn't cost you.

the first thing I do is look at the P & P of any item I might be interested in, and add it on, as I imagine everyone else does - if I still think it's a good offer, then probably I'll order. Capping or combining is a good idea but can't see it catching on with the powers-that-be at QVC - but it's so galling when you'd like 3 or 4 items of, say, a beauty range, and reckon up that in all likelihood you're going to be shelling out a good tenner and more on P & P - I begrudge that mightily! Don't forget the free phone calls..that has to be factored in somewhere, a lot of people still use the phone number and sit in a queue, maybe they don't like Q-Cut, or don't have a computer - I personally wouldn't like to have to pay for calls, but at least if you order on-line that doesn't cost you.

I forgot about the free phone number. Probably because I never use it. That must cost them a packet, so its all got to be re-couped somehow. P & P, for me, is a necessary evil. If I want that item I have to pay it. End of story. I was amused earlier on the Kim & Co show, the P & P for a pair of cropped stinky trousers was £4.95, but a maxi skirt, various tops and dresses the cost was £3.95. Weird!

Although I know what you mean about the cost of p & p rising if you purchase more than one of the items, I so appreciate the 30 day MBG that I don't mind it as it is personally, as I don't buy more than one of an item. To be able to use a product, even cosmetics & cleansers etc. for a month and then return if not suitable is fantastic & I really appreciate it otherwise I would have wasted so much money in the past, so I do as a previous poster does and just add the p & p on to the cost of the actual product before I decide whether or not to order it.

Latest posts

Back