Are QVC Concerned?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Heaven only knows how they work out the postage costs but I dont think you can say that they are hidden it is always very clearly displayed on the screen. Like many others I factor in the p&p before I buy anything and if I still feel it is a fair price then I will buy it if I can get cheaper elsewhere and know I wont need the 30 day MBG then I buy elsewhere.

I do think that they need to overhaul their postage system including the cost and the delivery times but QVC wont be in the slightest bit worried about 700 signatures even if everyone who had signed never bought anything from them again it would be a drop in the ocean to them.

How is the P&P hidden? It is not, it is there for us all to see, I always add it on & then decide if I think the item is worth it. QVC are a multi-national corporation who exist to make money, just like all the others. If they can get away with making an extra buck out of their customers they will. The online petition will not worry them one bit as I doubt if 700 people, at least 80% (probably higher) of whom will carry on buying anyway, will hardly register on their radar.

I wish their P&P was cheaper & they allowed free P&P on multiple items and free returns but they don't and if I can't get it elsewhere cheaper I'll still buy it off QVC.

Last edited:
I realise p & p will never be reduced by this company. My bugbear is the cost of sending the bl.....dy stuff back !

I recently sent for 2 handbags from Clearance - so p & p I paid. They were both delivered by courier. However I had to sent both back - this cost almost £10 for the pair. Total spent on postage , almost £20 !!! never again. I could have gone for a day trip to the coast in my car for that !!!!!

We can return goods from catalogues free via the couriers who deliver them, SO WHY cant we do the same with QVC on returns ?????

I just want to say only one person used a phrase that suggested the p&p was hidden, so not sure why everyones now making that the issue. It's not.
Secondly I have signed the petition as it would be nice for us to get a better deal-but I do doubt they will change it. As prev people have said, mostly their products are not exclusive to Q, so if it's cheaper elsewhere then buy it elsewhere.

That being said....surely the p&p price should reflect how much it costs to package up and post the items? So, unless their warehouse is v badly organised, two of the same item no should be together - picking up 2 diff colour options should in theory not require double the effort of picking up 1. Packaging should, in theory, not require double the amount - and Royal Mail postage costs are not as straightforward as double the weight/size = double the cost (learned from eBay selling). So they could, in my opinion, do more to help reduce the fees in some circumstances. Anything else (30day MBG costs etc...) should be reflected in the product cost?
I personally (from eBay selling again) don't think paying £5 p&p for something that is fairly light and small and sent by Royal Mail seems fair. Were it that I receive items within a day or 2 (as if they were sent 1st class the day I ordered) then that's different. But the quickest I've received my orders is 4/5 days-and I live in a large city, not somewhere hard to get to!

With regards to showing a total price on screen, I think it would make it a bit easier for ppl (esp when an item is quick to sell out, where u sometimes can buy without having the time to really think it through). But u do always hear/see the total during the ordering process so it's not like u don't get to know how much it costs u before u confirm u r order. N some of the buy more save more items are confusing though- but that's a diff matter...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back