Are we spending lots?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Frazzled

Sense of humour intact
The snazzy adverts for the New Year bought their usual disappointment - just mostly same old stuff with show names re-branded. Apart from a necklace I saw in last clicks, which got sent back, I haven't bought anything since December.

They had a captive audience throughout most of January, what a let down!

I don't bother with the website much, apart from last clicks, and visits to the channel are getting less and less. Don't get me wrong, this is a good thing and I'm starting to feel empowered, :muscle: but no doubt I'll succumb to the odd bit of jewellery! :happy:

Are we all suffering mindless boredom or is it just me?

Quite right Frazzled, I can't find much of interest, though i have bought a pair of Mischa twig earrings from last clicks and a pair of diamonique half hoop earrings. Oh also some geranium plants. Confession time over. A few interesting Cooks essentials would please me. Glad I didn't succumb to a very expensive Peony flowers arrangement a few months ago as people are saying that the artificial water has turned yellow. I suppose it is resin and I've seen resin turn yellow before.

Nope no spending spree here I`m afraid. I long ago moved away from buying off Q and with the powers of the internet I generally find more interesting and often much cheaper stuff elsewhere. From skincare to clothing to jewellery to household stuff the World is my oyster and Q no longer have any hold over me. In fact I often laugh at some of their items on sale and also at how some people get stuck in a rut buying from Q and I`m sick of hearing the mantra of the 30day mbg which is covered by their horrendous p and p charges and the fact that many people don`t bother to return stuff anyway. Whines and moans about poor delivery, items going missing, p and p charges, hard sell tactics, same old boring tsv`s etc etc, well instead of moaning I just walked away, never looked back and enjoy it when I discover another little hidden gem of a website or local shop.

waited for the Tignanello show today as I usually like the bags, but nothing has grabbed me today.I have looked on the US website & they have lots of styles in light springlike colours but we are being offered winter colours.So I will not be using my 3 EZP! just as well as they keep popping up on my bank account when I have forgotten what it is for!I used to like Elemis but have decided not to pay those prices so NO to that to!

waited for the Tignanello show today as I usually like the bags, but nothing has grabbed me today.I have looked on the US website & they have lots of styles in light springlike colours but we are being offered winter colours.So I will not be using my 3 EZP! just as well as they keep popping up on my bank account when I have forgotten what it is for!I used to like Elemis but have decided not to pay those prices so NO to that to!

Same here Silverfox, waited for the Tig hour today with the intention of treating myself,, nope,, nothing at all,, moneys safe today. Disappointed.

I have bought three pairs of PJs from clearance this year. I'm pleased to say my love affair with QVC is over!

I have had a bit of a splurge recently with Laura Geller stuff - bought 3 of the TSV (just to get the BnB), a Bronze and Brighten (which has to go back as it is too dark) and the Spackle OTO.

I've also ordered a couple of dresses from the clearance section and 2 Kim & Co tops (also clearance).

Am keeping my eye out for a summer bag from Kipling as well...

The last thing i bought was the xmas Elemis TSV.I'm not in the same financial position i was and money is very tight, so no more luxuries only necessities like food and bills.

I could have been persuaded to buy todays elemis tsv but have never bought one before so have decided not to watch so I don't indulge!!!

I was doing really well but recently Ive bought some BobBi Brown and a couple of kitchen bits (bakeware, KR gadget) - nowhere as much as usual and most noticeably none of the beauty TSVs or BPoTM for months.

Todays TSV was really good value, I love Elemis and all of the products in the set but I don't need any skin care.

I'm not shopping much full stop at the minute. I had to check my account to see what I had actually bought. I bought a centipede coat in clearance that I love. It's an unlined grey/black wool coat. I also bought a single flower Peony arrangement thing. And that's it for the year.

I did buy a Sincerely ring in clearance just after Christmas. I already had the ring in rhodonite and wanted the leopard jasper but full price it was £50. So when it hit clearance I bought it.

I usually succumb to something when Lola Rose is on but I have had four bracelets recently ... one as a Christmas gift, two in the sale with Christmas money (one was only £6.99) and one as a thank you gift. I need to think about what I want before I go buying anything else. I'll end up with too many similar bracelets if I'm
not careful.

Up until last year I was Mrs QVC - I brought everything and I must admit was happy with most of it. However this year I am so bored with it all I am watching very little and buying even less - stick to clearance now. If I am anything to go by their sales must have dropped by about 95%!!!

Like others I was itching to buy a Tig bag but was just bored to death (and that is saying something with Tig bags).

At present surfing the net to see if there is anything out there to excite!!!

xmas elemis tsv which was mainly for my best friend to cheer her up and a diane gilman top in last clicks well under a tenner. i am not buying much as i like going on holidays and the little treats on qvc soon add up

Now there is hardly any craft on I hardly even bother to watch let alone order anything. When I watched the craft shows I hung around abit more watching the odd show and dipping in and out but as they have let me down on that side I can't really be bothered and my loyalty has gone elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back