Are we spending lots?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Up until last year I was Mrs QVC - I brought everything and I must admit was happy with most of it. However this year I am so bored with it all I am watching very little and buying even less - stick to clearance now. If I am anything to go by their sales must have dropped by about 95%!!!

Like others I was itching to buy a Tig bag but was just bored to death (and that is saying something with Tig bags).

At present surfing the net to see if there is anything out there to excite!!!

I love the Tig French Tote but they've stopped doing it. I would really like a silver one. It's a fab bag for the money but its quite small and boxy so it won't suit everyone. One on three pay would have been perfect!

I was disappointed with the Tig bags too. I wish I had bought the TSV from last year in the pebble leather in blue.

The last thing i bought was the xmas Elemis TSV.I'm not in the same financial position i was and money is very tight, so no more luxuries only necessities like food and bills.
Sorry to hear that LEL. BUT...When I had to reign in my spending & watch the finances I never went back to how I was prior. I wasn't a high flying spender by any means but bought things on a bit of a whim. It's amazing how £100 becomes £200-300 spent and so on. Now I just think why on earth did I buy some of the stuff I did & even worse why didn't I send it back!?! I'm happier with what I do buy now as I check my head first & decide if I really want it.

Oh yes, I also shop around on the net if I see something I want on a shopping channel. Karcher window vac, 70 odd quid with p&p on IW. £38.99 on Ebay including postage!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that LEL. BUT...When I had to reign in my spending & watch the finances I never went back to how I was prior. I wasn't a high flying spender by any means but bought things on a bit of a whim. It's amazing how £100 becomes £200-300 spent and so on. Now I just think why on earth did I buy some of the stuff I did & even worse why didn't I send it back!?! I'm happier with what I do buy now as I check my head first & decide if I really want it.

Thanks Nikki. x

Watching QVC certainly inspires me to spend money - just not with them! I see for example Lola Rose coming up - if i dont like the TSV which i don't, I go looking around for bargains and generally find them elsewhere. Same with Decleor - bought the items i use from cheap smells as suggested by a forum user instead of a TSV of products i dont really want or need!

On this one occasion i would have benefited from one of the 3 Easy pay emails allowing me to spend on whatever i want as there has been nothing on TV today or the website which im even remotely interested in!

Last things i bought were the Elemis TSV'S and yes i hold my hand up and admit i bought 3, and at blooming different times, so
didn't save on p and p , or the buy more option, silly me. But QVC seem to have lost a lot of loyal customers, if you look at this
thread, as we are all bored to tears of the same things and realise you can get cheaper elsewhere. They need to up their game
to remain the biggest shopping channel IMO

My last purchase was the big tub of EH moringa balm which was the beauty pick of the month last year. I was going to get my Ojon shampoo as its cheaper from the Q than in Boots but then I went to Cheshire Oaks and got it even cheaper.

Thanks for all your replies folk - I guessed it probably wasn't just me!

I daresay most of us are having to be even more careful this year, but I like to be tempted occasionally.

It's the relaxing in the armchair "Ooooo I like that!" that I miss. :tongue:

I have had a bit of a splurge recently with Laura Geller stuff - bought 3 of the TSV (just to get the BnB), a Bronze and Brighten (which has to go back as it is too dark) and the Spackle OTO.

I've also ordered a couple of dresses from the clearance section and 2 Kim & Co tops (also clearance).

Am keeping my eye out for a summer bag from Kipling as well...

Looks like it's down to you to keep Q going then Tiddly! :grin:

Latest posts

Back