Who else buys a lot less from QVC these days?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That's diabolical. I think I'd have sent them a terse little email first reminding them of their money back claims and DSR etc then sent the lot back to them - sealed so it wouldn't break open in the post but would hopefully leak all over somebody's nice tidy desk.
:mysmilie_465:

Wow, that's really good. I actually had pretty much the same scenario with Q recently, I bought a set of bath and shower stuff, and one of the bottles turned up burst and leaking everywhere. I spoke to CS, wanting a replacement for the burst one, or to send the rest back and get a new set or something. They were a bit sniffy and just said well the only thing they can do is refund the p&p, I couldn't have a replacement. They wouldn't accept the set back minus the burst bottle but how can you put that in the post? I suppose I could have washed and dried the bottle but didn't really want to chuck what I'd paid for down the sink. I took the p&p refund since it was better than nothing, but I wasn't impressed.

Now why doesn't that suprise me?

When I first started with Q I was like a kid in a sweet shop, partly because I don't have any shops near me, buying anything that moved. Gradually, I have become disenchanted up to the point I have purchased very little since the summer. On the run up to Christmas I was totally fed up with beauty, beauty and more beauty as I don't have a lot of interest in this.
Jewellery is my biggest weakness but even that no longer attracts me - I keep an eye on the clearance pop it in the basket and then don't bother to checkout more often than not.

Even if I could get up enough interest in the products ALL of the presenters and most of the guests totally piss me off so I can't bear to watch any more.

I feel as if I am in the middle of a divorce from the once love of my life who I now despise.

I bought two items last year, one was a slanket and the other was the Babyliss Curl Secret because I wanted the MBG and it was actually cheaper from QVC than elsewhere (I haven't tried it yet so really should send it back before Jan 25th but probably won't!). I used to buy a bit of jewellery, L'Occitane TSVs, Liz Earle etc but I've really cut back. Sometimes I fancy the TSVs but resist and to be honest I rarely regret not buying.

i have sent you a PM

I wonder if quite a lot of people on here have been with QVC for a while so the novelty is wearing off. I imagine QVC would have got new customers when the swap to digital television took place, this would improve sales but at some point those new customers will get to the stage we are at now. When that happens, unless QVC freshen things up a bit, I think they will really start to struggle.

I think you are bang on the money here. They do talk a lot about their new customers and first time purchasers, and lots more people will be buying post switch over. I think they do not give a stuff about old customers as they have loads of new ones. That of course is a very short-term way of looking at things as we are not going to have another switch over so their customer base will not take a sudden leap again. They run the risk of losing new ones if they get dissatisfied too.

Yep, Boris Bear and Mazza, hit the nail on the head - but its taken me 10 years for the novelty to have worn off !

When I joined, Craft was huuuge, as was the various jewellery shows, so I was buying card making stock (before the explosion in card making) and loads of 9ct gold pieces for less than £100 ! There were Blue Moon shows, and the TSV from Butler & Wilson was worth the yearly wait - none of the tat he now sells.

To my mind QVC was a totally different shopping channel with a massive range of products to the one of the past couple of years. I'm now fed up with "advanced orders" for stock they haven't bothered to buy until they see what stock levels are needed, "auto-delivery" is just a marketing ploy to make you spend more, and the TSV's that are no longer worth waiting up for.

I think you are bang on the money here. They do talk a lot about their new customers and first time purchasers, and lots more people will be buying post switch over. I think they do not give a stuff about old customers as they have loads of new ones. That of course is a very short-term way of looking at things as we are not going to have another switch over so their customer base will not take a sudden leap again. They run the risk of losing new ones if they get dissatisfied too.

Probably a daft question but what do you mean by switch over?

I mean the switch over to digital TV. There will not be another change like that where people suddenly gain access to Q, cos we all have it now.

Wow, that's really good. I actually had pretty much the same scenario with Q recently, I bought a set of bath and shower stuff, and one of the bottles turned up burst and leaking everywhere. I spoke to CS, wanting a replacement for the burst one, or to send the rest back and get a new set or something. They were a bit sniffy and just said well the only thing they can do is refund the p&p, I couldn't have a replacement. They wouldn't accept the set back minus the burst bottle but how can you put that in the post? I suppose I could have washed and dried the bottle but didn't really want to chuck what I'd paid for down the sink. I took the p&p refund since it was better than nothing, but I wasn't impressed.

Woah woah woah, that's completely against the DSR law! Don't settle for that, ask to speak to someone senior (or you could email the CEO, I know a few people on here know the email address) and demand a replacement or full refund. You should receive your goods in satisfactory condition.

I think I might just do that. It was a few weeks ago now, does that matter? What should I say if they ask why I've left it till now?

I think I might just do that. It was a few weeks ago now, does that matter? What should I say if they ask why I've left it till now?

It's really worth doing. I would just say you've become more aware of your rights, or at the time you agreed to a P&P refund you felt pressurised that was the best you could hope for. Something like that. Whatever QVC say, you should receive your goods in satisfactory condition, a refund of the P&P is not acceptable.

Just as a comparison I ordered a side table from amazon that cost £40, when I received it there was a small chip, I sent them a photo, and they sent me a replacement out that day completely free of charge, they didn't even want me to return the chipped table.

Last edited:
"Unfit for purpose"

DSR isn't the right statute to quote, for damaged goods throw the Sale of Gods Act at 'em. You're well within the reasonable time limits to rely on this consumer protection; we've returned a TV and 2 printers to QVC over 12 months old because they developed faults within a reasonable life-span for the items. If you've received a faulty or damaged item then a full refund or replacement are the only remedies I'd accept. However if I bought a TSV (now out of stock) which couldn't be replaced and only a small item was missing or leaky then I might give them the chance to off a part refund if I was desperate to hang on to the set, but reserve the right to refuse their offer if it isn't adequate. They always want the broken element returned so they know you're not trying to blag a freebie; for a leaky liquid I'd pour out the remaining contents and return the empty broken bottle. If you're returning broken glass mark the outside to warn the person unwrapping it so they don't cut their fingers.

I've been offered a replacement sent direct from the vendor for missing items: a Lulu Guinness dust bag, a Gatineau face cream where the lid was loose and contents dried out, but they don't seem consistent in offering this.

I agree with previous posts about taking this further. You must have been talking to a rogue CS person because there is no way they can lawfully refuse to help you if one of your items was broken. It was not fit for purpose upon receipt so what is the basis of their argument, as to offer a p&p refund makes no sense to me. It is admitting liability but not offering adequate recourse. Bonkers!!!!

I am cutting down, like many others have said other company such as amazon, ebay, m & s and a ton of others offer better deals, free p&p as well as next day delivery. QVC are way behind the times, they are quite backwards. Some of my family and friends make fun of me from buying from qvc because it is seen as a bit naff. lol. I will still go for the Judith Williams TVS though. I never buy clothes from q, because they are way over priced and old fashioned. and I would also never buy bedding or food from there, or computers/phones. They sometimes are charging 10 quid p&p for a computer or a duvet. Nobody else does that these days, and other retailers are still way cheaper anyway.

Which begs the question asked on here before: how on earth did they get a number two rating???

Which begs the question asked on here before: how on earth did they get a number two rating???

Because only people lucky enough to find this forum discover the hidden truth!!!!!! I never knew the half of it before I joined a few months back. It must be the 30DMBG mustn't it? The promise of it gives a lot of comfort and if you never actually have to use it (like me) you never learn about how slow they are, generally unhelpful, refusing proper refunds as described on another current thread, and then THE LETTER. I mean I always used to think they were fantastic, with the occasional blip, and it was only the hard sell development that made me start to wonder about them.

Hello!! I am a newbie on this forum but have been watching shopping channels for years! I have bought loads of things over the years but am far more selective these days. I think it's due to having far less disposable income than a few years ago, along with the availability of products via other internet shopping sites. I purchased some Liz Earle products for my daughter last week, as they are the best range for her skin but probably haven't bought anything for over a year or more previous to this. If I see something I like the look of I tend to check out reviews and prices online and buy elsewhere as I find the P&P costs quite expensive with QVC, or the reviews have put me off!! I would use the easy pay option for more expensive products, as it helps with managing a budget and would allow me to check out something without having to pay out a huge amount in one go.

This thread is interesting .Last night I was watching DF on the Christmas outlet show last night and she was talking about the 'Light up Your Life' show QVC did years ago, then remarked 'we sold a lot of different items in those years'. How true! Nowadays it's same after same. How many TSV's have there been for EMU's and Dyson recently, they used to be a once a year or six months but now they seem to be on with alarming regularity.
I don't buy very much from QVC nowadays, all my last 5 purchases have been for Bethlehem Lights. The postage costs put me off and the fact that I can usually get products cheaper elsewhere. I recently bought some Aveda from Debenhams, but can remember the anticipation of their TSV on QVC, always a good deal- those were the days.

Welcome to the forum loobylou02. It is great on here and our super sleuths (Supercoolwillow and Autumn) find out loads of advance info about TSVs and other offers, as well as the exchange of views and information.

Latest posts

Back