Who else buys a lot less from QVC these days?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have immediately cancelled loads of orders within the hour and I do this online.

I have only kept one kipling bag ever that I bought from Q. The rest returned. My issue was quality on "exclusive to Q"items or price when compared to Amazon. I have only returned one kipling bag to Amazon and kept the rest.

I have returned all but two jewellery purchases in recent years. Issue-poor quality tat. The items I kept were a pair of honora earings which I wear daily and an eek circle pendant which I wear intermittently. I have also sold a lot of my older Q purchases on ebay.

Beauty items-I regularly order Mally items, as it is a love fest with the product. All of it gets used, occasionally return if a colour does not suit. Occasionally gift parts of a TSV. Will never buy a Laura Geller TSV again as I always end up selling on ebay because I prefer Mally so will not use.I will be tempted by Judith Williams Phytomineral TSV's and duos of items I like from the phytomineral range. With Emma Hardie I won't buy the TSV's any more but I will still buy the Moringa Balm when I need it. The BPOTM was a good Christmas gift for me with the free p & p on 200ml. I am also partial to cooking gadgets like the Ninja products-both Ninja items get used and I am pleased with. I would love a vitamix but cant afford one.

As for clothes it has been a long time since I bought any. I have a few dresses and tops from Kim and Co. One Yong Kim top in 2 colours that was a clearance item. pleased with my clothes but I wear whst I have, only have a small wardrobe and buy very few clothes from anywhere unless I need them.

All in all I have bought nothing in 2014 save for a Mally brow fix duo to replace one my daughter ruined. I will buy the TSV because I use it all. I may get the June Judith Williams TSV as its phytomineral. It depends what's in it. I don't see myself buying any more L'Occitane or SBC until I run out as for me to buy a TSV I have to want, need and use almost every single item I permit myself to sell components on ebay provided the majority will get used.

Edit- how can I forget Yankee Candles? I like my electric tart warmers and good value large jar sets. I also like the votives but recognise with YC that Q is not always the best price. I would buy YC from Q again depending on the deal/value.

Most of the posters on here, appear to have bought, or still buy the beauty and cosmetic products, which is interesting.

In my 10 years of being a qvc customer I would probably pass out at the thousands I have spent over the years, - everything from clothes, floor steamers, bedding, ovenware, bags, toiletries, hair pieces, jewellery and yet more jewellery, and yes even a ****** soda pop fountain (why?). This was in the days when the TSVs were worth it, and not just an insulting fiver off, which they recoup in p & p. I think since the disappearance of the jewellery, my spend has gradually dwindled over the last 3 years, to perhaps 3 or 4 buys PER YEAR.

If us on here are an indication of the slowdown in buying, then how the hell did QVC manage to come 2nd in the poll for best company to deal with ?????

I rarely watch Qvc these days , Even the shows I love Yankee Candle and Beauty shows , I struggle to sit through the whole hour without channel flicking. Didn't buy much last year and cant imagine buying much this year either, Yes there are the Odd Tsv that is great Value for money , however they are few and far between.

Wow if we are representative of the general Q buying customer they must be in bigger trouble than they are letting on.
I am up late for me and have just had a very quick look at todays TSV and while it might be a very nice ottoman you are only saving 9p when you add in the p&p, now that is not what I call a bargin and if you want to buy 2 different colours then you pay 2 lots of p&p sorry there are far to many others selling exactly the same for less and with free p&p.

I used to be a big spender but haven't spent that much over the last few years. In skin care terms I'm an ESPA girl but buy direct because of the free samples and delivery, other beauty items I now buy wholesale including gel polish and removers, foils etc. Electrical items are cheaper on amazon, I buy Yankee plug ins direct when they're 50% off, candles the same although Amazon have good deals as well although I've recently switched to wood wick as the colours are prettier as well and they last longer and fill the room with fragrance quicker. I can't remember the last time I watched a show, I still get email alerts and will have a look at the website from time to time but I know I can almost always get things a lot cheaper elsewhere. I think in the last 12 months I've bought 3 items and that was because I couldn't source them elsewhere.

Since I decided over two years ago to only buy certified cruely free brands, my QVC spend has seriously been reduced as that's where the bulk of my spend went. Interestingly though, looking at my account just now I still bought more in 2013 than I'd thought - I ordered 20 items (5 kipling, 13 jewellery (honora, lolarose, aurora, diamonique and couple of misc clearance items), 1 slanket, 1 skechers). Of the 20 items, 5 were returned - 2 of which were jewellery, and 3 were kipling).

I buy hardly anything either. The odd beauty TSV especially around christmas. Best thing QVC ever did was stop accepting Maestro online (don't anyone tell me if that has since been changed!!!!!!) It seems like too much effort to pick up the phone nowadays!

Cant even be bothered to watch - dislike most of the presenters and the presentations and guests are so repetitive. There is very little i cant find cheaper elsewhere and like everyone else has said, the P&P is a big killer!!

No you still have to phone to use Maestro, someone asked on FB earlier this month.

The thing with beauty, I have no interest in Mally, BE or Laura Geller. I used to buy Smashbox but grew tired of it when Estee Lauder bought the brand. Bobbi Brown I have a counter in House of Fraser so can see the products in real life at the same prices QVC charge. Only use the under eye brightener and corrector anyway.

Estée Lauder bought smashbox????? I learn everything from this forum! Are EL taking over the world then cos they seem to have Aveda, Ojon and now this one. It used to be in JLP but have not spotted it on recent visits. I really liked their primer but think other brands have caught up with them on that front now. Is EL why smashbox is no longer on Q, like Aveda and Ojon then??

I still buy reasonably often, but there are some brands I've got all I'm likely to want from and can't see myself buying more. I have 3 Kiplings, I like them and use them all the time, I don't need any more than that. Their designs generally are pretty similar, there are only so many you need. Everyone in my house has a slanket, they should last several years so no need to buy more. We have a Ninja and an Easiyo maker, don't need more than one of those. Clothes are hopeless, most of the shoe brands don't fit my feet, the skincare is pretty much all unsuitable for my skin. Don't need cleaning stuff, bedding or gardening items. There's only really jewellery and make-up I'm interested in or likely to buy now. I love Lulu Guinness but really can't afford anything anytime soon.

Wow if we are representative of the general Q buying customer they must be in bigger trouble than they are letting on.

I wonder if quite a lot of people on here have been with QVC for a while so the novelty is wearing off. I imagine QVC would have got new customers when the swap to digital television took place, this would improve sales but at some point those new customers will get to the stage we are at now. When that happens, unless QVC freshen things up a bit, I think they will really start to struggle.

We definitely purchase far less from QVC nowadays although we still spend more with them than any of the other shopping channels (we barely buy anything from Ideal World anymore and Bid is mostly just incredibly expensive, unheard of garbage nowadays). We only made 3 QVC purchases over christmas (Elemis TSV, Thornton's TSV and a Yankee Candles set).

10 years ago we could probably quite easily spend between one and two grand a year with QVC but now we barely spend a few hundred pounds a year, sadly for them there are so many better value alternatives these days which are just a click away.

But I would still probably rate them as the best of the shopping channels but their appeal has most definitely lessened with us, in fact quite drastically.

Estée Lauder bought smashbox????? I learn everything from this forum! Are EL taking over the world then cos they seem to have Aveda, Ojon and now this one. It used to be in JLP but have not spotted it on recent visits. I really liked their primer but think other brands have caught up with them on that front now. Is EL why smashbox is no longer on Q, like Aveda and Ojon then??

They also own Bobbi Brown, Jo Malone and Creme De La Mer.

Started Clinique so always one of their companies.

Crikey! It is a miracle Q still has Bobbi Brown then! I like their Glimmer Brick or whatever it is called as a highlighter and started that because I could no longer find the smashbox version. At least BB is in loads of stores though so I do not get that one item from Q with p&p on top.

Smashbox is or recently was in the larger Boots stores. Eyewatering prices compared with the deals Q used to have.

The cost of the postage is making me think about whether I really need to buy an item. I can't justify spending £5.95 on postage for one item very often.

My spending with John Lewis (free postage with click & collect) has increased though!

I'm with you Ruby, I have had some great Stuff from John Lewis.
Something I ordered from
Click and collect had leaked. Not much had been wasted but they refunded the money in store and told us to keep the products as they would destroy them anyway. It was two bottle of floris shower gel, reduced from£26 to £13 and I ended up getting them for free, like I say hardly any had really escaped the bottle.
Can you imagine the faff with QVC if that had happened with something of theirs.

The way I look at it is that the P&P is money towards something else from JL or on the high street.
I think the only thing I will keep buying from Q is Laura geller B&B but if I find something similar and as good on TGOHS ( the good old high street) I could easily change my mind

Something I ordered from
Click and collect had leaked. Not much had been wasted but they refunded the money in store and told us to keep the products as they would destroy them anyway. It was two bottle of floris shower gel, reduced from£26 to £13 and I ended up getting them for free, like I say hardly any had really escaped the bottle.
Can you imagine the faff with QVC if that had happened with something of theirs.

The way I look at it is that the P&P is money towards something else from JL or on the high street.
I think the only thing I will keep buying from Q is Laura geller B&B but if I find something similar and as good on TGOHS ( the good old high street) I could easily change my mind

Now that's what I call customer service!

Totally lost interest in qvc and haven't watched anything for yonks.

I love Mally lip gloss though (but I still have 4 new ones to use up) so I reckon I won't have to buy any more until around May/June time and by then I will have researched where I can buy them cheaper without the P&P.

Something I ordered from

Wow, that's really good. I actually had pretty much the same scenario with Q recently, I bought a set of bath and shower stuff, and one of the bottles turned up burst and leaking everywhere. I spoke to CS, wanting a replacement for the burst one, or to send the rest back and get a new set or something. They were a bit sniffy and just said well the only thing they can do is refund the p&p, I couldn't have a replacement. They wouldn't accept the set back minus the burst bottle but how can you put that in the post? I suppose I could have washed and dried the bottle but didn't really want to chuck what I'd paid for down the sink. I took the p&p refund since it was better than nothing, but I wasn't impressed.

Latest posts

Back