Who else buys a lot less from QVC these days?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

thatu

Guest Shopper
I was looking at the titles on this forum and it hit me that I don't buy any of the items being discussed here any more from QVC. No Decleor, no Elemis, no Kipling, no clothing, no jewellery - very little. In fact our purchases have sunk so low that the last thing we bought, some garden stuff before Christmas, hasn't been delivered so I could well be in line for The Letter if they take percentage of returns etc into account. Not that that would worry me too much any more, anyway.

The reasons are what's already been mentioned - quality, value, high postage, type of goods on sale - it just isn't the same, I don't need what is on sale and also I've probably savvied up to home shopping and buy a lot more from amazon, ebay, TKMaxx, aldi and locally, Boyes etc.

How many others here find they're ordering a lot less than they used to? I've seen the odd comment or two, but I just wondered. I'm talking a dip of a couple of items a week to one every few months.

The cost of the postage is making me think about whether I really need to buy an item. I can't justify spending £5.95 on postage for one item very often.

My spending with John Lewis (free postage with click & collect) has increased though!

I did buy a few things from them in the past - not much but a few expensive items - because of the 30day MBG. But I haven't bought a single thing from them since 2012. In fact I don't even bother watching it now.

I buy a lot less. I used to have parcels delivered a few times a week - always hoping they wouldn't arrive on a Saturday when my hubby was home! I still buy from QVC, but nowhere the amount I was. As you Thatu, the high p & p puts me right off as it seems £5.95 is the norm now for some items, and then, of course, the return p & p if you don't like the item - although I always claim my original p & p back through DSR, as I usually know straight away if I like an item or not. I think also that there is very little that interests me - I am not a big beauty buyer except for nail polish and Liz Earle - and I can get those items elsewhere. TK Maxx always seem to have good offers on nail varnish. I like jewellery but those shows are few and far between now or not to my taste. I like my kipling bags but you can get better prices elsewhere. I am also aware that if you return too many items you get 'the letter' - if I got it they would be getting one back!

I stopped buying a few years back. I will still buy but usually something like once or twice a year at most now.

I used to buy every Elemis TSV, now I decided if its worth it for me. If I dislike a few products in a TSV then its a no from me.

The last thing I bought was last year the Kindle, I was shocked as the bungle was better value than Amazon even including the shipping. Must be a first for QVC:mysmilie_17:

I have only brought 6 items from them in the last 18 months and 3 of those failed to arrive/where stolen from my door step.
I have almost totally stopped watching now a days, I am much shorter of cash than in years gone by,it really concentrates the mind on what I actually need rather than what I would like, even easy pays fail to tempt me any more and as for all of the TSV's they are now offering on advanced orders it is beyond a joke.

I bought two items last year, one was a slanket and the other was the Babyliss Curl Secret because I wanted the MBG and it was actually cheaper from QVC than elsewhere (I haven't tried it yet so really should send it back before Jan 25th but probably won't!). I used to buy a bit of jewellery, L'Occitane TSVs, Liz Earle etc but I've really cut back. Sometimes I fancy the TSVs but resist and to be honest I rarely regret not buying.

I hardly buy anything from Q these days. I watch out for SBC and Mally and that`s about it. I buy my Yankee melts from Ebay, most of my skincare, toiletries etc from town or from other online stores and have never used Q for clothes. I got my JW magic makeup from her own website during her 50% off sales and nowadays I seem to be able to find anything I want from other places and much cheaper and if not cheaper then at least with free p and p.
I did recently purchase a Ninja from Q to replace an older, now broken kitchen item but that`s my first purchase for a long while. I don`t wear makeup everyday so my Mally stuff lasts me for ages and my SBC is so economical or in such big bottles it lasts ages too.

Bought a couple of things last year rarely bother to watch now object to high postage when so many online retailers have free postage and frankly cannot stand most of presenters.

In fact our purchases have sunk so low that the last thing we bought, some garden stuff before Christmas, hasn't been delivered so I could well be in line for The Letter if they take percentage of returns etc into account. Not that that would worry me too much any more, anyway.

Well if it wasn't delivered, how the **** can they class it as a return? You have to get something first to return it. I would go ballistic if they tried that one with me cos it is just unfair, and they are too ****** lazy to get their system to record things properly!!!!!! I think that attitude shows complete contempt for the customer. Rant over,

My purchases have gone down a bit. I still buy a ton of Yankee but used to buy Elemis, Gatineau, Decleor and L'Occitane TSVs plus a few other beauty bits. I am now being more critical of the TSVs like lots of others and only got the super Xmas Elemis TSV in 2013 and nothing else from them at all in about two years because of price. I thought the last Gatineau TSV was too expensive but I also do have a stock pile I must work through and am panicking about that since reading the recent use by thread! Also L'Occitane I agree with other posters that it is in a cherry, verbena, almond rut and I am uninterested in the tiddly hand cream fillers of their TSVs. They last such a short time they are not worth the effort. SCW has posted good pics of the forthcoming Decleor TSV but I got the large cleanser and toner combo at JLP at Xmas so do not need any more. However, it would not surprise me if the TSV is a better value - but I must remember the stock pile and resist temptation!!

I hardly buy anything either, last thing was November and I sen that back under DSR, don't even watch much at all, there's far too much skin care, make up etc and a lot of the clothes are rubbish and far too expensive, if there's anything I want I usually wait and see if it turns up on ebay and buy it there and if it doesn't I'll just go without or look for something on the high street

I buy hardly anything either. The odd beauty TSV especially around christmas. Best thing QVC ever did was stop accepting Maestro online (don't anyone tell me if that has since been changed!!!!!!) It seems like too much effort to pick up the phone nowadays!

Cant even be bothered to watch - dislike most of the presenters and the presentations and guests are so repetitive. There is very little i cant find cheaper elsewhere and like everyone else has said, the P&P is a big killer!!

Yes I've slowed too. I'm a relative newcomer to QVC so purchased a fair amount in 2012 and managed to cut down a fair amount in 2013. Nothing so far this year but will buy the gtec multi when it arrives if it is a good price. Possibly the June Judith Williams tsv. Trying to watch less as QVC keep introducing me to things I didn't know I needed I mean wanted! This website has wised me up a bit but also introduces me to more stuff as well.

I think a pattern has developed, here, as a lot of customers are making fewer and fewer purchases from the Q, myself included. It begs the question, why? The last two orders I received did not meet my, admittedly, high expectations; I ordered the Yankee tsv based on the fact that we were told the fragrances were exclusive to the US atm, only to discover I can buy them in the UK, and much cheaper. I messaged them on facebook, as the website has changed the information for returns and 'contact us', and I can't find an email address, and they haven't replied. That's going back. I also ordered the MukLuk gloves and, for the price, there was nothing special about them, quality was ok, not what I would expect from an expensive pair of gloves. I think the Q are becoming complacent and apathetic regarding it's need to continue to uphold high standards; past performance does not guarantee future sales. We shoppers are not stupid people, and know very well when we are being ripped off, or not getting vfm. I wouldn't trust IW as far as I could throw it, but it is offering things the Q is not, like flexi basket on more of it's PODs, and a cap on postage. If the Q doesn't up it's game IW - God forbid! - will be clipping it's heels. Customers do appear to be deserting the Q in droves and, unless it changes it's attitudes and it's policies, will continue to do so.
btw, has anyone got the email for customer services at the Q?

Yes I'm definitely buying a LOT less.My purchases had slowed down considerably anyway last year and now they've almost ground to a halt.I bought the last kipling TSV (and even regret that) on Christmas Eve.Previous to that I had a bit of a splurge in the summer holidays and I sent every single item back - and got The Phonecall!!! Previous to that summer splurge...very little again.

I don't buy any beauty products from QVC.I buy LG but I didnt buy her last TSV and I'm sure not the one before that.I used to buy a few clothes and kipling is my weakness.In the early days everything was my weakness!!

I was only just thinking the other day I don't know what the TSV's are anymore.I get up at 6.30am and the TSV at 7am suited me perfectly.I don't even bother switching over anymore...if I see it in the evening,I see it - if I don't,I don't.Everytime I tune into QVC these days its a beauty show - which is so not my bag.

There's an online form under customer care on the qvcuk website. Select the customer care link top right (RHS) on home page then select contact us - LHS of screen and look down the list of methods of contact until you see online form. It says that aim to respond in 24 hours.

I never bought huge amounts, but now rarely shop with QVC.

Same old same old mostly, dressed up as something new.
Brands that were once hard to get elsewhere are now widely available, and usually cheaper.
High p&p charges, delivery times not competitive with those firms charging less.
Hopelessely frustrating website.
Too many things on waitlist.
'Last clicks' prices are laughable - £10 off a £90 item is NOT a clearance bargain!!
Screechy presenters (can't remember the last time I actually WATCHED anything).
Over-reliance on 'big' brands like Kipling, limits choice and variety, those odd brands that come along and look interesting soon disappear.

:wink:

I'm another one that hardly buys from QVC. I often watch the demos and if I want/need/afford anything, I will google the product and will invariably buy it much cheaper elsewhere. QVC need to re-establish their founding ethos of Quality, Value and Convenience. Nowadays, they are failing on all three of those founding principles.

I am buying less but, like buses, orders follow fast a furious for a few days and then nothing more for months.

i like LG, Aurora and the odd bits of jewellery but that is about it.

Latest posts

Back