Asa duped?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many competing companies like BT, Sky and Virgin Media regularly complain to the ASA about each others advertisements so of course you don't need to have bought a product to raise concerns, that is just plain daft.

Just the other day Sky complained about BT's use of the word 'free' in their adverts for BT Sport with Broadband.

easy Benny, don't feed the trolls, they're not worth it
this person is clearly just trying to get a rise out of you, you're better than that

Its not what i think its what the ASA think. i find it interesting that they chose to ban someone who was making persistant complaints and i find their reasoning interesting too. it throws up lots of questions. to me anyway.
common sense would say if an advertiser has lied then anyone who brings this information to the authorities has a right too. but is that the case?
if they are banning people from complaining because they suspect they are not actual valid customers then it suggests to me that they are there to protect customers from being mislead.

its all well and good assuming that people are being mislead and complaining on their behalf. but it seems most of the complaints have come from on here. people who havent bought. the ASA then uphold these complaints assuming that the person who has complained is an actual customer who was mislead by the presentation. but that isn't the case. the complainer has mislead the ASA by giving them the impression that they are an actual customer. but they arnt. in fact the ACTUAL costumers dont seem to be making complaints at all, to the ASA anyway.

im sure BID receive complaints as someone pointed out on their facebook. but what company doesn't? their ACTUAL CUSTOMERS. the people who shop with BID and have done for how ever many years.the people who have kept them going all these years they dont seem to be making complaints to the ASA. is that because they are not as stupid and gullible and susceptible as people think? that they actually able of making an intelligent decision about buying things? that they arnt foolish enough to think you can buy solid 18 carat gold for £20? that the actual bid customers HAVENT BEEN MISLEAD BY BID TV?

Calm down dear you will burst something.

If it was only for customers use it would be called the Customers Purchased Complaints. Do you think that every ad that gets banned from TV by the ASA only gets banned if the complainant has bought something? They are set up to make sure that standards are kept in advertising and are an agency. If only they came up with a short pithy name to match that.

Benny has explained you are wrong about him so why go on about that? I don't know how old you are but Benny is young, so does that make you feel all big trying to wind him up?

PJ.

Calm down dear you will burst something.

If it was only for customers use it would be called the Customers Purchased Complaints. Do you think that every ad that gets banned from TV by the ASA only gets banned if the complainant has bought something? They are set up to make sure that standards are kept in advertising and are an agency. If only they came up with a short pithy name to match that.

Benny has explained you are wrong about him so why go on about that? I don't know how old you are but Benny is young, so does that make you feel all big trying to wind him up?

PJ.

wise words PJ and very well put
I particularly like the Winneresque 'calm down dear'..........brilliant!
BW confessed to being in the category of a more mature person (elderly actually) so really should know better than to pick on someone younger
Honestly, and old people say that the youth of today can be rude! Well BW isn't really setting a good example to our young Benny

Firstly I would like to point out that I am a regular bid customer, so that qualifies me to complain, right? and secondly Bingo, you may well be a bit older and savvy, and nobody's saying that you need protecting, sadly some people do...loneliness doesn't help,and I know my mum before she died had started ordering things she didn't need, or even want for that matter and getting herself into debt, so am I qualified to be upset about it and try and prevent it happening to other vulnerable people, I'd say so, wouldn't you?

Sorry if this sounds rude...it's really not meant to!

Firstly I would like to point out that I am a regular bid customer, so that qualifies me to complain, right? and secondly Bingo, you may well be a bit older and savvy, and nobody's saying that you need protecting, sadly some people do...loneliness doesn't help,and I know my mum before she died had started ordering things she didn't need, or even want for that matter and getting herself into debt, so am I qualified to be upset about it and try and prevent it happening to other vulnerable people, I'd say so, wouldn't you?

Sorry if this sounds rude...it's really not meant to!

oh merry, yet another tragic anecdote of someone else who was taken in by believing that situp were their friends
don't you dare apologise, you have absolutely nothing to apologise for
it's BW who should be apologising and ashamed of themselves

oh merry, yet another tragic anecdote of someone else who was taken in by believing that situp were their friends
don't you dare apologise, you have absolutely nothing to apologise for
it's BW who should be apologising and ashamed of themselves

Well you have all given me a good old chuckle. I'm sorry you feel the need to react so brutally towards someone who doesn't share your thirst for revenge or blinkered deluded opinions of the channel. I'm. Also sorry you feel the need to make such a passionate defence of a fellow member who clearly made his complaints based on nothing more than bitterness. Had he worked at bid I doubt the tally would be 30 complaints. More like 14.!!

Anyway. I'm enjoying the debate. And loving the responses. Keep them coming :)

I have NEVER applied to work for bid tv. Firstly if I did want to, I am too young to be a presenter, and for backstage I would go to Ideal World as it's closer to home, and better prospects than working at bid. Not to mention that I done work experience there and they have welcomed me back when I want (even though I don't want to work in TV anymore).

Any other things you would like to make up while you're at it?

I have it on good authority you applied to do work experience there and they refused you so you went to IW instead. Of course I doubt you would admit such a thing on here.

OK people, we've fed the troll
That's enough now, don't give them any more fuel for their fire
Can the mods close this thread maybe?

I have it on good authority you applied to do work experience there and they refused you so you went to IW instead. Of course I doubt you would admit such a thing on here.

In that case stop hiding behind a username and tell us who your "good authority" is or just go away.

Going to close this thread as Bullying will not be tolerated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back