At last - Ruth’s sunglasses are here!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
Had you fooled! I’m not excited, I’m bewildered to be honest. By all accounts (well Ruth said) you’ve been waiting a long time for these and they arrived today, they’re on advanced order and are coming up in the next hour and ten mins later when her show came on , they’d already shifted 100 pairs!
I’ll start with the positives - they were cheaper than I expected them to be £41 + £3.95 p&p, not cheap , I thought she’d charge about £70 and I’m sure her fangirls would pay that. I quite liked the style especially in the tortoiseshell option. The black ones were too dark and looked like a blind person’s glasses.
Thing is with sunglasses, is that you really do need to try them on for fit , comfort and to see whether they suit you. There a lot of similar sunglasses out there with various prices - cheapest pair I found were £5.50 from Very. I’m alright for Sunglasses at the moment which is a miracle for me as I’m good at losing them. Anyway Ruth - what next…ooh what about a fragrance? “Kerr-ching pour Femme” or “Ruthless” or what about “stench of a woman” - nah! You’re better off shopping in shops where you can try on and test stuff!

Had you fooled! I’m not excited, I’m bewildered to be honest. By all accounts (well Ruth said) you’ve been waiting a long time for these and they arrived today, they’re on advanced order and are coming up in the next hour and ten mins later when her show came on , they’d already shifted 100 pairs!
I’ll start with the positives - they were cheaper than I expected them to be £41 + £3.95 p&p, not cheap , I thought she’d charge about £70 and I’m sure her fangirls would pay that. I quite liked the style especially in the tortoiseshell option. The black ones were too dark and looked like a blind person’s glasses.
Thing is with sunglasses, is that you really do need to try them on for fit , comfort and to see whether they suit you. There a lot of similar sunglasses out there with various prices - cheapest pair I found were £5.50 from Very. I’m alright for Sunglasses at the moment which is a miracle for me as I’m good at losing them. Anyway Ruth - what next…ooh what about a fragrance? “Kerr-ching pour Femme” or “Ruthless” or what about “stench of a woman” - nah! You’re better off shopping in shops where you can try on and test stuff!
Will Ruth become like Easyjet? Put a brand in every potential money-spinner?

I have to wear prescription sunglasses. When I travel abroad I always take my prescription with me, as on the Continent there is far more choice than our High Street shops, and opticians generally can fill the script between 24 and 48 hours. I've bought some crackers over the years and no more expensive then here in the UK.

I have to wear prescription sunglasses. When I travel abroad I always take my prescription with me, as on the Continent there is far more choice than our High Street shops, and opticians generally can fill the script between 24 and 48 hours. I've bought some crackers over the years and no more expensive then here in the UK.
Great idea!

Currently my local Specsavers are advertising prescription sunglasses for £69, buy one get another free, with an extra 50% off if you’ve bought glasses from them in the last six months.

Sunglasses are to protect your eyes and then you look for the design not the other way round IMO which is why I wouldn’t buy on line, I need to try on a lot to get what suits - sorry Ruth (I’m not really!)
I've bought sunglasses online a couple of times, with a varying degree of success. When I was in full spending mode, I spent about £50 on a couple of pairs of "magic" sunglasses from one of the infomercial channels, I remember they had magnets on the arms to prevent one losing them. I can't remember what was magic about them but I managed to lose both pairs! The other pair was bought from TJC, they were supposed to make everything look brighter instead of darker, that bit kinda worked but they didn't really look that amazing on me and they were too big so every time I looked down they slipped off, that was £30 down the drain! The others I bought online are the ones I still have, I'd tried on the shape before so I knew they suited me and I when I manage to lose them, which believe me I will, I'll search round for the best deal on something that suits me.

One pair of mine were a bargain £40 something French Connection £8 from Avon a few years ago.
Saw an article re sunglasses and driving and fines if they are too dark.

CEA6A3CB-9AB2-4F4E-B54D-C684FE17912D.jpeg

Latest posts

Back