Attempt of refusal of refund if 50+% of product used under 30 day MBG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sorry, Gemma1, but I'm not sure how I actually 'made mischief' on this thread. How on earth can I be held responsible for QVC selling policy? How am I responsible for questions which should in all fairness be put to the QVC team? The one and only thing I advocated in this thread is personal responsibility and common sense, which actually ties in nicely (and quite fairly) with QVC's overall terms and conditions.

I'm not suggesting for one minute that you be held responsible for QVC selling policy or for questions which should be put to QVC. I was merely asking (as you seem to know more about this particular subject than any other posters on this thread) how there could possibly be a general blanket rule of thumb for such a wide range of products. Q need to make absolutely clear their T&C's for returned items and make sure the presenters make it crystal clear to viewers which has not been the case in the past. I have to say, though,that I found your responses to Bags' posts very patronising and it didn't do you any favours . Sorry if you don't like this,but that's my opinion.

Jeepers

I trot off to watch 'Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' and all this happens.

I take it that the general consensus is Q should sort out their T&Cs quick smart.

This is basic stuff for me the legal bod even though this is not my field of practice. If they say on air that there is a 30 day money back guarantee, no matter what you buy, and that the sheets can be slept in/cream can be used/bag can be carried/shoes can be worn/food can be eaten...(i could carry on....) for 30 days and if for whatever reason you change your mind you can send ot back for a full refund, under their money back guarantee, AND they dont state their terms and conditions, apply and point out exclusions, then they must refund you. a) their presenters are acting as their agent and therefore bind the company. b) at the point of sale (when you speak to the CS person/click the mouse/tap the app/use qcut )NO terms and conditions or exclusions are mentioned. Therefore they cannot wriggle out when it suits. Further more, there are also the DSR regs that include P and P. Whilst I agree that QVC may wish to put a stop to certain refunds on excessive useage depending on the product concerned, or they may wish to exclude certain items such as food, flowers or some personal care items, if they intend to do so they MUST get their presenters to say so on air, and have a message online when checking out, the person in the call centre mentioning it and a pre recorded message on Q cut. Whilst they are at it they should ensure the customers are told BY THE PRESENTERS ON AIR that the MGB only applies if less than 50% of items ordered in a 12 month period are returned.

QVC that will be £750 plus VAT as I don't do a free half hour, and I dont do easy pay.

Getting lots of bad publicity on this can only be a good thing for customers as sadly unless something like this happens QVC knows that the matters are too small to litigate over and it is frankly too much bloomin hassle to have to take it on yourself. Companies know this and get away with it because people let them.

Thank you for the explanation Kat. Very helpful. Perhaps we should all take a stand.!

I went to watch The Thing (1983 version, Kurt Russel, full beard, Goldie Hawn was one lucky bitch) come back and it's all kicked off!

Normally I have found Q's CS to be very good, barring one ring which broke after about nine months and I found out their jewellery guarantee is only six months and they wouldn't do a thing about it, but that was years ago.
However, I find this whole saga unbelievable. I have heard them say on many occasions that you can use up the product and send back the empty pot within the 30 day mbg (perhaps not recently though). The negative publicity this has caused them must be enormous and their FB answer just makes them sound dodgy imo.
It makes me wonder whether it was one very silly person in CS who decided to take a stance and send the stuff back to Missy, not having the imagination to foresee the furore it may cause.
Their presenters NEVER mention the conditions and sub-clauses of the mbg because, of course, that would make it sound a lot less attractive. Entice the buyers with all the good, ignore the not so good and go with the hard sell with the likes of Debbie F. Well Q, they say all publicity is good publicity, but I really don't think that applies to a retail emporium :wink: like yourselves and I hope your extremely dubious stance on your mbg has been worth it for you.
You've been made to look complete fools and distinctly dodgy imo!

P.S. I'm not on Twitter or FB, so would be grateful if we could be kept up to date on any developments there - thanks Donna so far.

Last edited:
:tongue:

This is all very well but before I have the credit card taken off me.

I'm I still refusing to let hubby sleep in our bed for 30 days or not?

Only the older than 30 days, back magic and pilates machine have been red hot this morning.

:cheeky:

I'm not brave enough to be featured on TV so I won't be reporting to Watchdog. I hope one of you seasoned shoppingtelly people will do so though...
I meant it would have to be reported by MissyMissy, or somebody else who'd had this stunt pulled on them by Q.

Ah yes, but at the same time this is surely where personal responsibility/common sense kicks in? I would NEVER invite a mate/family member/partner to join in a trial of a product. QVC initially sold the product to a single account holder, and it should therefore be treated as such. To have two people trying out a single product out for 'free' is just taking the p*ss.

Bags could be missing for sometime: :wink:

I'll be setting up a Yankee tealight burner in the shed and an electric one in the garage, so I ensure it's only myself that samples them under the 30day MBG.

:grin:

But heaven forbid, how will I be able ti stop my husband pinching my Liz Earle. LOL AS IF! My burly kiwi hubby wouldn't be seen dead with his mits in my beauty products, but to hear the presenters talk this is such a common problem...

Carmel has just said we can try the Judith Williams perfume and use AS MUCH AS WE WANT over 30 days!

In the Judith Williams show that's on at the moment, Carmel has just said (about the EDP) "Where else could you buy a perfume and try it as much as you like for 30 days and then return it if it's not for you?"

They need to get their facts straight!!! Use it a lot (more than half the bottle) and fall foul of their hidden terms if you send it back if you decide you don't like it, presumably. But they didn't say what WOULD happen ... and it was the small phials she was talking about.

Snap, Boris Bear! (sorry, I posted before I spotted yours.)

In the Judith Williams show that's on at the moment, Carmel has just said (about the EDP) "Where else could you buy a perfume and try it as much as you like for 30 days and then return it if it's not for you?"

What as? Fly Spray?

They need to get their facts straight!!! Use it a lot (more than half the bottle) and fall foul of their hidden terms if you send it back if you decide you don't like it, presumably. But they didn't say what WOULD happen ... and it was the small phials she was talking about.

Snap, Boris Bear! (sorry, I posted before I spotted yours.)

this is what i pointed out a few pages back. never mind the small print in the t&c, what they need to do is make sure the PRESENTERS are giving out the correct information. that is where most people get most information. isn't that the point of a shopping channel? to be informed by the presenter? it's not like we're buying purely online where it's up to us to gather the required information from the website.

Latest posts

Back