Attempt of refusal of refund if 50+% of product used under 30 day MBG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Years ago when qvc first brought out blueberry quartz- they were giving big spiel about it being mined in Brazil etc etc.

I did some investigating on the net, and found that a lot of quartz was dyed and heated to bring up the colour, a fact not publicised by qvc. I wrote to Trading Standards with my findings, and on the very next showing of Blueberry Quartz, Charlie Brooks went to great lengths in being more specific about the make up of the gem.

So knowing someone has taken the time and effort to make a report to Trading Standards, does bring results.

I did know about the 50% - but only because I read it here.I've never heard it mentioned on QVC.As you say,all the presenters encourage you to try things.

I only buy from QVC the things I really know I want, now.I'm not much of a beauty junkie,but I do love all the make up etc....but I rarely "try" much now.

I really can't be doing with the P&P mainly,nor the hassle of the post office,using DSR and then having to chase it.

I bought the last Laura Geller TSV (which will be my last TSV from her) - I sent it back on the 08/03/12 by second class recorded and on the 21/03/12 I was still trying to trace the item and my refund.I just don't need the hassle.

I'm very select about what I buy from QVC now.

I suppose if it is a large product which should last say 6 months and more than 50% is used in only a month they may ask questions on expensive items. However they should make the returns policy crystal clear for customers.

I agree they need to make there returns policy crystal clear. I have never had any problems with returns,but then again i have never sent any beauty products back.

I am having a problem,my Lola Rose TSV went missing 3 weeks ago now.Two declaration forms "went missing" so they sent me one by email to return.
No problem, I returned it and requested a replacement as this was supposed to be a Mothers day gift. Since then I have heard diddly squat and it's really bugging me.Why should I get a refund on an item that is missing and I still want and QVC still have in stock.
Having said tht I have not got a refund either,it's appalling!
Has anyone actually asked what "award" Liverpool have won because I suggest it's the"Rasberry Award"!!

Its certainly changed my opinion - the fact it took 3 weeks, and even then the item was recd just "dumped" in a qvc bag with no explanation ... the boxes are now all sodden and crushed (when I returned them they were each wrapped in bubble wrap so certainly didn't arrive in that condition).

This episode has also been quoted and discussed on the FB page, so whether that changes things who knows !

But certainly the whole thing has been very upsetting, especially due to the minimial returns I have made over 10 yrs or so ...

Whether they decant all the returns into one pot to make a full one, and flog in the outlet I don't know .... but I'll steer clear just in case someone else has had their fingers in it after this episode.

'On this occasion'??? They truly are arrogant (excuse my German) bastards!!! Who the hell do they think they are??!! I was told that once when I wanted to return a POS Archos tablet... I said if you didn't sell **** we wouldn't even need to be having this conversation...now refund me as the law states or I take it further. I had a refund quite sharpish!! Idiots!!

Does a usage policy include wearing clothes and shoes during the 30 days to see if you like them? "even wear them outdoors!" they often say.
Will they be checking how much tread has gone on your flip flops to decide if you walked too much? It's the next logical step.

I do understand that this unstated policy is designed to prevent people taking advantage. Missy's comment that her and her sister both used "generously" did rather cause my eyebrows to raise (which is more than Perricone will ever achieve). But if Q is going to offer, nay laud it's MBG then they have to be grown up and take the rough with the smooth. Or at least make the policy public. The reason they won't is because the offer is a massive money spinner.

I'd go to the ASA and anyone else even if you do get a refund. It's sharp practice.

By generously I meant, we (& my hubby who used my face wash ), used without skimping twice a day or as reqd, over around 28 days, with little improvement - which was promised within the 30 day period by stated by the presenters. So they went back, as I note many people do by reading reviews on QVC for various products - and as is my legal right to do so under the MBG T&Cs.

I have to be honest I have seen shoes in Birchwood with basically no heal left on them due to wear .... and used clothes and other items on sale that are really only fit for the bin !!!!!!

Anyway, QVC have accepted they acted improperly and will be giving me a full refund, which is the objective I sought.

Thanks guys for all helpful comments made through the thread.

I'll keep you posted.

M x

Well a rather interesting thing just happened...as I had a little moan on the FB page earlier about my missing order and I have just received a phone call from QVC customer services manager.
She said she had traced my name and account details from the FB page and wanted to offer sincere apologies for the difficulties I have had with CS.
She has checked that the item is still in stock and sent out a replacement asap.She is going to call me back tomorrow to see if I am happy and received a confirmation e mail!!!!

Maybe they don't want negativity on there haha!

I find it extremely odd that a savvy selling organisation like QVC would 'jump' on anyone in this way. It just doesn't make sense. :confused3:

How can they prove you actually used 50% anyway? The bottle could have leaked on the way back to QVC?

very good point as it evidently leaked on the way back to missy.

i have to say i'm appallled. regardless what they might have - or not - tucked away in the small print somewhere, they need to make sure their presenters are giving out the RIGHT information. i too have heard the 'send back the empty pot' thing. instead of prattling on about their horse, kids, what THEY like/own and which celebrity is supposed to use it, why the heck can't they make something like that crystal clear. if someone doesn't have a computer, how are they supposed to access the t&c anyway?

what makes it even worse is missy obviously doesn't make a habit of returning things - if someone was obviously taking advantage it would be different but even then it should still be returned intact with an explanatory letter.

if it were me, i know i'd be s seething mad, i'd never order again and i'd be writing to the ceo to tell him exactly why. heck, i'm mad and it's nothing to do with me! lol

I've never had a single problem with Apple. In fact, if anything I have been very impressed with Apple's after sales service. About 18 months ago I dropped my iPhone 4 and cracked the screen. I had only had it a couple of weeks. I was going to make a claim in the contents insurance, so went into Apple for a replacement quote. The guy at the Genius Bar told me not to worry and just gave me a brand new one free. I originally got it from O2 so didn't even buy it direct from Apple. Their service is brilliant and what every other company should aspire too. I was also given a generous discount in-store when I purchased Apple Care for my daughter's MacBook. Apple have me as a customer for life. We have now switched all our tech stuff over to Apple as a result. 2 MacBook Pros, new iPad (awesome by the way!), 2 iPhones and an iPod Touch and no doubt the collection will grow.

glad that you had a positive response from apple. but my daughter did not even drop her i-pod and all they would do is sell anather one for £70 (not even letting us know that that one would be a reconditioned one) were arging that it was 3 months outside the warranty. was in there 2 hours siting the sale of goods act and that warranty does not supercede the sale of goods act and that electrical goods are guaranteed for 5 years.

your experience is what i would expect from an expensive high end brand but not having your experience i myself cannot reccommend them.
in our household we have 2 ipads,5 i-pods and a new imac

glad that you had a positive response from apple. but my daughter did not even drop her i-pod and all they would do is sell anather one for £70 (not even letting us know that that one would be a reconditioned one) were arging that it was 3 months outside the warranty. was in there 2 hours siting the sale of goods act and that warranty does not supercede the sale of goods act and that electrical goods are guaranteed for 5 years.

I'm not sure in law electrical goods are guaranteed up to 5 years. I think the interpretation of the legislation is that its a matter of fact and degree about how long goods are reasonably expected to last. I would expect an iPod to last 15 months (although maybe not if its played continually and the battery dies) but I wouldn't expect it to last 5 years. An iMac is a different matter. I would expect that to last 5 years. It depends on many factors, and the legislation is construed in this way. You're right that the warranty doesn't supersede your statutory rights under the SOGA.

I tend to visit the Norwich Apple Store and I've done quite a few of the free workshops on offer there and have always been impressed at how courteous and helpful all of the staff are who work there. I have been to the Lakeside Apple Store but they weren't as friendly, I didn't stop for long there. Maybe it depends on the location of the store, although I've had exceptional service using the Apple customer line too. I'm sorry that's not been your experience.

I go to the one at Cribbs Causeway and we have had nothing but amazing service there. The staff are always courteous and very helpful. When my youngest son's iPhone died after 18 months and it was out of warranty with no insurance they replaced it for a cost of £55. Which is a great price when a new one is over £400. My other son's iPod classic had a sound problem and it was 3 years old but they took it in part exchange for a new one at a cost of £90 rather than the cost of £180 for the full price.

Maybe it is a problem with different stores but every Apple shop we have been to has been great. So much so that we now ony by their products and have two MacBooks, 2 iPhone 4's, an iPad, two iPod classics, an iPod touch, two nanos and a shuffle in our household. Oh yes and apple tv. As you can tell we love their products and service.

I've actually heard a presenter say once - when talking about the Elemis Bliss capsules - that you could use the whole pot which was 30 days worth, then send back the empty pot and end up not having to pay for them!! She then realised what she'd said and quickly back tracked but in fairness, if they're going to encourage people to slap on beauty products as much as they do (the more you use the more you have the re-purchase) then they shouldn't have this stupid 50% policy in place. Plus they are always flogging products as suitable for the whole family so shouldn't they reasonably expect more than one person to use a single product? ABC skinwash springs to mind, they're always saying how the whole family can use it, so do you have to monitor how much your husband/kids are using to make sure they don't go below 50%?? Ridiculous...

I'd be closing my account if I were the OP, saying that purchases will be limited from now on means purchases will still be made. The only way (I think, IMHO) to make a real point is trading standards, moan on FB so loads of people see it and close your account.

On another note, contacted CS to close my account the other week. I got a mail saying it would be closed and wishing me the best (which was nice)..yet I just managed to log on.....so now I'll have to mail them AGAIN.

Well a rather interesting thing just happened...as I had a little moan on the FB page earlier about my missing order and I have just received a phone call from QVC customer services manager.
She said she had traced my name and account details from the FB page and wanted to offer sincere apologies for the difficulties I have had with CS.
She has checked that the item is still in stock and sent out a replacement asap.She is going to call me back tomorrow to see if I am happy and received a confirmation e mail!!!!

Maybe they don't want negativity on there haha!

Is it just me that finds it a but disturbing that they can track your name and account details from your Facebook page???????

I was told by someone who worked for Elemis that QVC do not bear the cost of returns. The supplier does so I can't see why QVC has any issue with how much is returned unless the rules have changed.

Me personally, I would not try a beauty product and then return it under the 30 day money back guarantee. I don't know why but I wouldn't. I know I could.

I bought a Gatineau TSV and didn't think it was great but kept it anyway. I've also bought Decleor, Elemis, SBC and others. I left it unused until I forced myself to use up every scrap. Whilst perhaps I should have got my money back doing it this way has really made me realise that I've bought tut and I won't do it again. Since forcing myself to use every scrap of skincare I've ever bought ... good, bad and indifferent ... it's taught me not to buy these wonder kits and TSVs from QVC.

QVC should honour their 30 day money back guarantee and make this 50% policy clear at all times but in my case not "getting" my money back has saved me money and cost QVC sales in the long run.

Very admirable Tinkerbelle, I wish I could do what you have done and use every scrap. However if I dont like a product I send it back for a refund as that is my right under the MBG and I would not expect Q to re- sell the item either on QVC or in their outlet stores, (I was told by CS ages ago that this is what happens to their returns). I hope the items are sealed and unused before they go to outlet stores!

I only keep a beauty item if I am sure I will use it and enjoy using it, and fortunatlely my usual brands (l'Occitaine, Emma Hardie, Liz Earle, LG, smashbox, BE and BB) do not disappoint. I have been very disappointed in the past with Gatineau and Elemis, but I used the floracil and PCMC, gave some to my mum, gave some as gifts and flogged the rest on ebay so combined with being able to return for a refund I have still managed to get my moneys worth. The TSV's are sometimes such good value that if there are a couple of things you WONT use there is always someone willing to buy them on ebay. I learned that on here, so brill forum!

Latest posts

Back