Awkward Lola Rose

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think it is inevitable that some presenter-guest combinations will "gel" better than others. The biggest nightmare has to be Kelly Hoppen. Mostly I would say all the men seem to irritate her, and most of the women. Others who I think probably get to pick and choose who they are on with to avoid train-wreck telly: Simon Wilson (there is a VERY short list of presenters he seems OK with); Nikki seems to have become much more picky with presenters recently compared to how she used to be; Joan Collins clearly doesn't suffer fools gladly.

She's just a middle-aged primadonna that brings a few clanking, overpriced cheap stone bracelets in!

Do you actually like women at all Julius?

You seem to take pleasure in trying to put them down whenever you have the opportunity - particularly by commenting on age - even when it's absolutely not relevant.

This woman has taken her idea and turned it into a multi-million pound business - she is well known on the high street as well as on QVC and her business has managed to weather the storms of the last recession.

What have you achieved that rivals that?

Yes, they certainly didn't seem to get on. The communication between them was somewhat fraught. She seemed to take delight in ignoring him / failing to interact full with him. Can't say I blame her - he was annoying, but then so was she. She's just a middle-aged primadonna that brings a few clanking, overpriced cheap stone bracelets in!

Have you met Nikki in real life Julius? You seem to have a very strong, negative opinion of her for some reason. I've met her twice and she is lovely, very down to earth and humble. Far more interested in talking about her children then hearing praise about her jewellery. As for being middle-aged - what has that got to do with anything? It is QVC not MTV.

I watched the same show as you and didn't see any of the behaviours you are describing. Still maybe because I am also a middle-aged woman I don't have an issue with seeing women my age on the telly.

It must be frustrating when you are very passionate about your product and wanting to get across the best you can ...it's her bread and butter after all ...blood sweat and toil sorting stuff out ...dealing with complaints ...keeping everybody happy ...she knows what she wants and sometimes people don't pick up social ques.... Also being" middle age " ( I'm 52 ) can bring moments when you really don't have much patience like you used to....I know this for sure ....seriously hormones fluctuate and if you are already stressed ...then ...coming across as being rude can quite Easily happen ....I'm not as shy and retiring as I was when younger ....hope this all makes sense ....

Latest posts

Back