Banned from Rocks TV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
just had a peek at rocks chat and its currently domestic violence being talked about, which is upsetting and to be honest inappropriate

Fascinating.........not!
(I meant the topic of conversation gmdreamer, not your post! lol Just thought I'd clarify that before I annoy anybody else tonight.......!) :mysmilie_11: :mysmilie_34: :mysmilie_61:

Fascinating.........not!
(I meant the topic of conversation gmdreamer, not your post! lol Just thought I'd clarify that before I annoy anybody else tonight.......!) :mysmilie_11: :mysmilie_34: :mysmilie_61:

lol kitten, don't worry im sure you've not annoyed anyone :) the topic made me feel uncomfortable so i popped over to gemstv website, had a look at the clearance stuff and brought some earrings. im sure sending people over to other channels isn't what rocks want the chat to do, but the topic isn't what you want when looking at jewellery

lol kitten, don't worry im sure you've not annoyed anyone :)

Oh, I frequently annoy people gemdreamer, sometimes I even do it on purpose just to be awkward! lol
One has to be philosophical about these things however, which roughly translated means 'Face.....bothered?' :mysmilie_17:

.....the topic made me feel uncomfortable so i popped over to gemstv website, had a look at the clearance stuff and brought some earrings. im sure sending people over to other channels isn't what rocks want the chat to do, but the topic isn't what you want when looking at jewellery

Aww, don't let it upset you gemdreamer, you can turn the chat off if you want to (button at very top!) - I can't be ar$ed with it either tbh & feel sorry for those trying to ask about jewellery sizes etc. as their messages just get swamped by all the waffle! *rolls eyes!*

just had a peek at rocks chat and its currently domestic violence being talked about, which is upsetting and to be honest inappropriate

This happened during the day yesterday, one of the newbies in jest - a guy- cracked a rather poor joke, as it obviously was too close for comfort this upset another fairly newbie lady who had indeed suffered this appauling act ..obviously she left chat and I dont blame her...but returned after a while..I have no idea who brought it back up again last night as had I left by 10.30pm..

Agree some kind of order is needed though.

This is exactly the kind of thing that made me leave chat. I do think that inevitably something like this becomes a bit cliquey, the last few times I have ventured on to say hello, it was only you Mirabelle who said hello to me and the last time I was ignored completely. I suppose this is because I join in so rarely, a lot of the newbies don't recognise my name.

Im afraid i dont hang about in chat much these days, ill pop in and say hi to friends and when the waters are calm ! but wen things get out of hand i tend to turn chat off..i dont think you will be able to get a satisfactory solution as some one is always upset by what ever is done .. the old saying "you cant please everyone all the time"or something like that. I like to have a laugh and joke with my friends and settle down to see what bling i need... but i agree some of the topics are just so not needed in a jewellery forum can be very off putting for newbies and us regulars to thats for sure... i get very:mysmilie_73: with some of the things said and attitudes and rudeness etc, i really dont know what the answer is ............

Well, got to add my 'bit'. I don't post very much at all in chat, these days - but I am a huge 'lurker'. I have rockstv on ALL the time at work, with the sound on, and I hop in and out constantly - if I hear something lovely being described, and just to see what is going on.

I have 'witnessed' quite a lot of 'rants' recently, and it has taken a lot of willpower not to dive into chat and tell them to just zip it. A lot of it has been from new people, but there has also been a fair amount from people who have been with rockstv a long time, and in my opinion they should know better. There has been so much change recently, and the new software has given them so much trouble, which has had to be sorted, as they are going out live on Sky, and have huge numbers of people wanting to buy items. Those 'older' customers should realise all this and know that all the staff will be doing their utmost to keep customers happy as well as trying to sort things out. Newer customers, IMVHO, have absolutely no right at all to start venting their thoughts like this, when they have nothing to base them on.

As far as the chat room is concerned, I think Lucky Duck had a brilliant idea by changing it to people opting IN to the chat rather than opting OUT. I also think that the 2 rooms should be given a go, as the reason people always had about presenters not seeing them, has no basis anymore. Moderators, who are customers, hmmm.... not too sure about that - as far as changing their status with a colour well I don't think that is too good (sorry Steve) as it is just asking for antagonism from other 'old' customers moaning about them not being chosen, and jibes from new customers. I think if you do have moderators who are customers, they should be anonymous, that way nobody can have a go at them, and they can do their work in the background, if you see what I mean.

I do enjoy reading the chat room, most of the time, and I think it would be sad to see it go.

There, had my say, phew......

Im afraid i dont hang about in chat much these days, ill pop in and say hi to friends and when the waters are calm ! but wen things get out of hand i tend to turn chat off..i dont think you will be able to get a satisfactory solution as some one is always upset by what ever is done .. the old saying "you cant please everyone all the time"or something like that. I like to have a laugh and joke with my friends and settle down to see what bling i need... but i agree some of the topics are just so not needed in a jewellery forum can be very off putting for newbies and us regulars to thats for sure... i get very:mysmilie_73: with some of the things said and attitudes and rudeness etc, i really dont know what the answer is ............

Me too....my problem is that often I can't keep my gob shut and people end up harumphing at me, when they were the one acting atrociously in the first place!!!

There's something of a lesson here, if you are the one having the long chat then surely you should be the one that suffers this slight inconvenience and not everyone else. We are only talking of long conversations after all, in which case those folk are probably missing most of the action anyway. It also has to be borne in mind that quite a bit of Myra's help get's lost in all the whittering and arguing. xxxx

Maybe the person having the long conversation should be "the one that suffers this slight inconvenience", but the kind of person doing this in chat already are the kind of people who would, as many have said, spit their dummys out just because they could not ask a question or miss an item.

I myself meerly say hello to friends and mostly chat about the jewellery, I don't burden everyone there with long stories of woe (and I have many, I hassen to add!).

In the end, we can meerly comment on our opinions. We will not know what really works until it is tried and tested, and what is tried and tested is ultimately up to Steve. :mysmilie_11:

Well i certainly don't think the issue will solve itself, i've just popped onto rocks and in was on about someones hospital trip! last night domestic violence when i popped in, now this today, its depressing and it isn't exactly making rockstv fun!

I know what you mean Gemdreamer...I was in there just before that convo started and had to move on as I just don't want to hear about it!!! It's nothing personal, I just don't need to know about trips to the hospital when I am choosing my bling!!

I know what you mean Gemdreamer...I was in there just before that convo started and had to move on as I just don't want to hear about it!!! It's nothing personal, I just don't need to know about trips to the hospital when I am choosing my bling!!

exactly princessracer, i go onto jewellery channels to enjoy myself as i love jewellery whether i am buying for myself or as presents for others. it is awful that the chat is driving people away from rocks because of the depressing inappropriate conversations going on.
i think some people do thnk the chat room is their own personal forum to vent on! I actually think it is very selfish of the people who are doing it as they are damaging steves business which is unfair.

I remember reading how a major magazine that were planning to feature Rocks.TV decided not to after visitng the website and read about some of the personal comments being made in the chat room.

Remember Steve not being best pleased...

I remember reading how a major magazine that were planning to feature Rocks.TV decided not to after visitng the website and read about some of the personal comments being made in the chat room.

perhaps they should have just got rid of the chat then, seems to cause more probs than any other aspect of rocks tv

perhaps they should have just got rid of the chat then, seems to cause more probs than any other aspect of rocks tv

Have to agree gemdreamer - or maybe at least move it from the homepage and put it somewhere people who want to chat, have to click through to get to.

Steve should do something about it then.

.....the last few times I have ventured on to say hello, it was only you Mirabelle who said hello to me and the last time I was ignored completely.

Ohhh, I say hello to everybody, even if I don't recognise their name! :mysmilie_348:
I'm JAK1 in Chat & if I ever 'ignore' you, it's because my eyesight is carp & I lose track of what's going on almost instantly & have to take a break every so often or I start going cross-eyed! :mysmilie_697:

Think you'll find the subject of chat on that occasion was verruca's!!! mmmmmmmmmmm!!! BLEEURGH!!! I just don't understand why one's chriropidical (if that's even a word!) experiences are considered appropriate topics of conversation!!

That was when the Chit room was introduced first time round.

You see I go off at tangents sometimes...ok quite a lot....ok all the time...but I try to make it a few comments that are kinda funny ish. I have even been known to make the odd comment along the lines of 'I have swine and bird flu all at the same time and feel like cack'. Now PR world is not always the happy cheery place an awful lot of people think it is. Honest to goodness if I told you all about everything I have going on you may keel over, but that is simply not an appropriate subject for the chat room, so I don't take it there.

Is it really too much to ask that others excercise similar restraint??

....oh hang on a minute....did I just agree with Lee about something??! ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back