Be prepared!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
I subscribe to Which and in the Nov. 15 magazine (just arrived today) there are the results of a survey into the 'UK's Best online shops'. QVC are in there & have 79% in the general catagory ( top is 87%)BUT the top in the Furnishing & Homeware category is-- you've guessed--QVC & John Lewis are 2nd.This is from 10,000 of the general public.Now can you just see what they are going to make of this ( & probably rightly so!) but I can just hear -- with me Chuntley comes especially to mind over & over again!!

Ugh, that means more boring Kelly Hoppen and Northern Shites shows most likely! Still anything that has the potential to shift the gardon gnome can't be all that bad.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know the demographic of the average Which? reader?

And yet they don't even feature here, this is who people who bought online devices bought from most, yet QVC say people order on line the most. http://www.retail-week.com/multicha...s-by-online-traffic-in-the-uk/5076008.article sorry I came across it by accident, it says you have to log in now for some reason, any way the top seller was Amazon UK.

Sorry I explained that wrong, it's a list of which retailer sold the most via the Internet and had the most traffic, it was Amazon UK.

Ah, but do we believe these statistics? I'm with Disraeli on statistics (even if he has been dead since 1880-something, he still talks sense).... "there are 3 kinds of lies:- lies, D..n lies, and statistics". I'm afraid I suspect that there are often vested interests of some kind at work in a lot of results of these so-called "survey results", "independent reviews" and so on, - however independently carried out the survey claims to be.

And yet they don't even feature here, this is who people who bought online devices bought from most, yet QVC say people order on line the most. http://www.retail-week.com/multicha...s-by-online-traffic-in-the-uk/5076008.article sorry I came across it by accident, it says you have to log in now for some reason, any way the top seller was Amazon UK.

Last edited:
Ah, but do we believe these statistics? I'm with Disraeli on statistics (even if he has been dead since 1880-something, he still talks sense).... "there are 3 kinds of lies:- lies, D..n lies, and statistics". I'm afraid I suspect that there are often vested interests of some kind at work in a lot of these so-called "results of our survey", "independent reviews" and so on.

That's true, they say never trust surveys, 80% said they don't believe them and the other 30% say they're not sure :smirk:

john lewis sell far nicer better value home stuff than qvc by far. mind you aldi always beat waitrose most years

I subscribe to Which and in the Nov. 15 magazine (just arrived today) there are the results of a survey into the 'UK's Best online shops'. QVC are in there & have 79% in the general catagory ( top is 87%)BUT the top in the Furnishing & Homeware category is-- you've guessed--QVC & John Lewis are 2nd.This is from 10,000 of the general public.Now can you just see what they are going to make of this ( & probably rightly so!) but I can just hear -- with me Chuntley comes especially to mind over & over again!!

That's really interesting. I can't help wondering how they achieved that top rating, if many of the experiences on here are anything to go by! Furniture and homeware.... hmmm what products do QVC sell that are classed as furniture? Those collapsible ottoman thingies seem to be about the only thing regularly on which might count. They used to have beds and those recliner chairs on, but I can't recall the last time they were on... mattresses maybe?

Given the comparatively large range JLP offers compared to QVC, all kinds of furnishings for bedrooms, dining rooms, kitchens, lounges and more, they can't really be compared.

I just wonder on what basis this survey was conducted. I'm probably a bit cynical - having done some market research jobs in the past.

Maybe Northern Nights, Cozee Home etc, Yankee Candles are in the Home category on the website, also Ninja, vitamix etc. Bethlehem lights, Frameless Candles. All of these sell very well especially on TSV days.

Latest posts

Back