Beauty Pick of the Month with Free P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BB cream? CC cream? Baffling Bunkum and Complete Codswallop. I try and have an open mind about new beauty products but can't see the point of this sort of thing at all. Yet another expensive layer to slot into an already overcrowded routine. I have concealers and primers and I don't like tinted moisturisers. I'll listen to Fiona's lovestruck piffle but I'll eat my hat if I'm persuaded to buy the stuff.

I've tried several BB creams now, from the original Korean ones, to Bobbi Brown and the cheaper high street ones. The problem with many is that they are just tinted moisturiser by another name. No coverage. In fact I've noticed a few of the cheaper ones have just renamed an existing TM as a BB cream which is a bit cheeky!

Will watch this with interest but surprisingly the very very best one I've found so far has been a cheap Boots 17 one. Great coverage, much more than a TM and gave a real glow.

I tried the new Decleor BB cream in John Lewis the other day. The assistant said its not available to buy till May. I love the Bobbi Brown one so was interested in trying it. It was ok, nothing special and it didn't seem to have the lovely hydra floral smell. There was very little coverage but you can't really tell on the back of your hand. She also gave me a sample of the new hydra floral moisturiser which is supposed to hydrate for 24 hours but I haven't tried it yet.

I always return things to QVC if I am not happy with it. I know it costs postage for me if it is under a certain weight but I see that as my own stupid fault for buying it in the first place. So if something costs me £2 to return for a refund of even only £10 I still see this as 2 packets of nappies for my daughter, and it all adds up! So always return stuff but If I buy in haste that's my fault, not Q's.

A Hydra Floral base sounds nice. I used hydra floral ages ago and it was one of the few decleor products I could use.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

From what I've seen it looks like a tinted moisturiser that they are calling a BB cream. I have a sample of the Philosophy one and that does give good coverage on my acne scarring. Although so does my concealer.

SSC also had the 200mls Decleor cleanser when Q said it was an exclusive
And they are on TCB
I can't see how this BB cream will provide coverage if there are no colour options?

Salonskincare is Belfast based so I wonder if they get classed with Southern Ireland just like L'Occitane in NI is under Southern Ireland.

Was lucky enough to trial the Bobbi Brown one for Q and I really like it. I think it has good coverage. The other one I really like is superdrug's own branded one. Gives a lovely glow.

If this has no colour options it will be way to light for me,I will wait till I can try at decleor counter.
Lynn

The BB cream is in Debenhams Belfast and on sale. Very orange looking.

L'Occitane in Belfast is now classed with the UK. Which means no 20% off all stock at sale time.:dull:

My mum ordered it from salon skin care. It does look darker than I expected but mum had it on today, she is quite pale, and it looked nice. It made her look like she had a bit of a glow.

JustBeauty, very sheer just like a tinted moisture, I tried a bit on the back of my hand.

It did look pretty dark orange shade, more like the old style TM which were bronzer like.

The Elemis version out in May is called a beauty flash with the base of PCMC, so they are all at it.

I was looking forward to this but I think it's going to be too dark. Might try the clarins one instead.

Latest posts

Back