Beauty Tools & Accessories (Babyliss Curl Secret) TSV 03/12/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's well nigh impossible to track anything on Hermes' website because they don't keep it updated. Something I received days ago still say it's out for delivery. Something else I bought was still saying "Order Generated" and nothing else a week after I received it!

I wonder if it depends on the actual courier driver updating it? Our Hermes courier is great, very reliable and must do whatever he needs to do to update their website. If I check online before leaving the house for work and see that Hermes tracking shows out for delivery, if I then check again at lunchtime from work it usually shows delivered and sure enough its waiting for me when I get home. I know I'm safe ordering from QVC, Next, Wallis & Debenhams as they all get delivered by the same Hermes courier. My heart sinks if I order from other retailers and get a tracking notification and discover it's not Hermes, because I know there will likely be problems. DHL are the worst in my experience - item sat in the local depot they'd subcontracted to with no attempt at delivery for 10 days and no means of tracking, and though UPS are very efficient with their tracking, they only deliver on certain days in my area and their 'local' depot is a 140mile round trip so me collecting from them is not an option. Hermes gets my vote every time!

Last weekend there was the Gatineau One star review that disappeared off the net sharply so how come this review of the Curl secret is allowed, the person hasn't bought or even tried it yet gave it 3 stars

"I saw the pro model of this last time it was on qvc so was keen to find out about this regular basic consumer model, having watched the various demos on the net. However I was disappointed this wasnt suitable for hair a few inches past the shoulder. Come on please make a version for us girls who have natural long hair. My hair is straight and waist length. I will never cut it short but do struggle to find curling wands long enough for me and am not great at curling with straighteners. Wanted to try but instructions say not for hair longer than past the bust!"

Well my Babyliss has arrived - very quick delivery, shows you what they can do when they put their minds to it. Will have a good play with it all this week. It did beat the other parcel I was waiting for from QVC which was sent out last Thursday. I have had to ring QVC up re non delivery, and am now waiting for the letter to say I have not received the item. Lord knows when that will turn up. There should be a better method when items go missing in the post - instead of the customer having to wait for a letter to sign and return, and be out of pocket for quite a while.

Mine arrived this afternoon and as I had the day off I tried it out immediately without washing my hair.
All I all not a bad job for my first attempt. The back was quite difficult to do. Took me about 20 mins.
It's an expensive item if I don't use it frequently but I couldn't manage the curls on my own.
The curls have held all afternoon. Hopefully they will still be there tomorrow.

Mine arrived this afternoon and as I had the day off I tried it out immediately without washing my hair.
All I all not a bad job for my first attempt. The back was quite difficult to do. Took me about 20 mins.
It's an expensive item if I don't use it frequently but I couldn't manage the curls on my own.
The curls have held all afternoon. Hopefully they will still be there tomorrow.

Hi I've received mine too but not had chance to have a proper play with it yet.

However, in the instruction booklet it says it comes with a heat resistant mat and a luxury pouch.
Do you have both of these?
I only have one and I *think* it's the mat - sort of made of thick felt material with an elastic loop on the top.
I don't recall seeing either in the demo so not sure which I have, but I definitely don't have both.

Please let me know if I should have both or is everyone else the same?
Thanks.

I only have the mat. It does say on the box about the protection mat, nothing about a pouch.

It says also on the box, made in P.R.C. I take it that means Peoples Republic of China. Different.

I have a question! Mine has just arrived, I haven't unpacked it yet, but the QVC box arrived with a QVC return address label on it - isn't that a sign that the parcel I received has been sent back to QVC once before?

I mean, we all know they do it, but not even sticking it in a new box seems very lazy on their part....

Don't know about the returns label but mine was sealed in a plastic bag inside the cardboard box so I knew it hadn't been used. Also it had a plastic smell when I first switched it on.

Don't know about the returns label but mine was sealed in a plastic bag inside the cardboard box so I knew it hadn't been used. Also it had a plastic smell when I first switched it on.

Well, the box had been opened but it was still sealed in the plastic bag so I'm not too bothered. Only came with the mat, though, just like all the others - will have a bath and try it out, though my hair is a wee bit short for it at the moment.

I watched a utubes demo and the girl placed it in her hair and then pushed it up with her hand before pressing it completely closed so that the curl started higher up her hair. I had to watch videos a few times before I could work out how to use it for some reason I couldn't follow the instructions. My spacial ability is not good.

I watched a utubes demo and the girl placed it in her hair and then pushed it up with her hand before pressing it completely closed so that the curl started higher up her hair. I had to watch videos a few times before I could work out how to use it for some reason I couldn't follow the instructions. My spacial ability is not good.

I had to watch the you-tube demos too - I am still getting the hang of it - trying the different settings. It isn't hard to use but I just need to make my hair look a little tidier. I am using the lower temp at the moment and the curls have stayed in. It is a keeper for me.

I'm using it on max temperature as my hair is difficult. The curl is tight for the first day and then softer the next day. I tried just having a curl on each side and tiring the rest of my hair uncurled up. I looked like an orthodox Jewish man! I need some more ideas..

Went to Costco this morning and they have the Babyliss Curl secret back in stock for £89.99, Its only instore not online if anyone is after one mayb worth a try.

Latest posts

Back