Boycott QVC today

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dennis talked over Sara yesterday and did not listen to a word she said. He was very, very rude and at one point she said his coat felt soft like a siamese cat and he ignored her. She then repeated herself and said don't you think so Dennis? He still did not listen. I don't think there is much love lost between them!

difficult one. truly sick practices which this man has grow rich on, but to be honest are we all informed on the practice the pharmacy companies get up to before we make an informed choice in our medication purchases, or the high street shop who sell items with 'fun fur' which was actually at fur obtained in china from cats skinned alive in boiling water to get 'non distressed' fur, heather mills did a documentary on this.

i also have friends who run successful businesses who are jewish and muslims, whose diet requires meat to be kosher and halal respectivly, to me vile practice but i still do business with them.

we also 'the buying public' buy from retailers who have dire records in human suffering in sweat shops to bring us affordable clothing, but we still buy

in credit crunch times free range egg sales have fallen, but battery egg sales increased, so again blatant animal suffering

i think the general feeling on here therefore is not 100% animal protection, but a campaign against this odious man and the rich bitch that is happy to forget/overlook/or just ignore beautiful poor dead bitch whose coat has been stolen to allow a human to think she looks rich/cool/hip. and qvc for hiding/ignoring/not caring about it

and therefore sorry for rant do not want to upset anyone, but the presenters and models are probs just like the rest of us and trying to keep a roof over their heads

lol as i write this i am snuggled under two beautiful fur coats, alive and kicking my two lovely dogs cuddling up to mum to keep warm

Last edited:
Me too LoopyLooo and saved myself shedloads of cash as well. I've also sourced nearly everything they sell from other outlets and without exception, have paid less too, both for the product and p+p.

Me three!

:doggie:

That's exactly what crossed my mind.

I was so tempted to ring from my old mobile. It has airtime on it and a new sims card, (because it came with my new phone and when I bought it I put my old Sims card in the new one, so I didn't have to change the number) and so would have been almost untraceable back to me as I've never used it.

Imagine waxing lyrical about how fabulous his coats were (like some of the gushing callers he usually has) and then asking him if he can justify his part in the barbaric practice of killing animals purely for fashion. I reckon anyone who did that would be cut off in less time than it takes to blink.

Just reading this and if you do ring in to speak to the presenters, they ask for your membership number and pin first, so they will know who you are.

Just reading this and if you do ring in to speak to the presenters, they ask for your membership number and pin first, so they will know who you are.

That's a very good point, which I'd not even thought about because I always use QCut or order online, so I'm used to responding to 'cyber peeps' rather than humans. :33:

However, to be honest, even with a new mobile and new unused sims card, plus a new identity, I'd never have dared to do it anyway. But maybe another Colin might.

They've never let me on to talk positively about anything! I don't think I have a good enough sob story :p

I wasn’t aware of these practices, I’ll be thinking twice before buying anything from QVC from now on.

I have to take issue though with the statement ‘I don’t mind eating meat but not animals being killed for coats’ (along those lines anyway). Do you really think animals being killed for meat are cuddled to death and then nicely wrapped in cling film to be transported to Waitrose?? They are shot through the brain with a metal pellet, hung upside down and slit from end to end- often before they’re properly dead- and processed into a carcass within minutes. It’s brutal, cruel and heartbreaking to watch. Animals are transported crushed into lorries in horrendous heat and treated only as merchandise, not sentient beings. It’s a bit hypocritical to eat meat but not wear fur because of the manner in which it is processed.

But many thanks to the OP for making me aware of Basso’s business.

Tx

Wow
We were all up in arms back in 2008 about this vile man but he still continues to be one of Q's mainstay TSV providers, over7 years on.
Isn't it about time Q listened to what there customers are saying and stopped doing business with him.
Oh I forgot with Q the customer always comes last and profit first.

Problem is Q has so many customers who will be unaware of his fur designs which seems to be the mainstay of his business with the rich and famous .I didnt know until I came across this site.

His faux fur designs are pretty awful and way overpriced and that alone puts me off buying them.

As ever with Q they will only act when it hits them in the purse.

With the mention of Dennis Basso on a different thread I thought I would check to see what he has been up to recently, well a quick Google search shows:

https://www.therealreal.com/products/women/outerwear/fur/dennis-basso-mink-and-broadtail-coat

How on earth can presenters stand beside him when he is into such an evil practice as broadtail?

It is shocking that people in this world still buy a and wear fur! What l can't ever understand is why such a strict vegetarian like Julia would go on air with this vile man and help sell his products and line his pockets. I cannot abide the disgusting man and wish QVC would listen to customers and stop selling his clothes and condoning his vile antics.

He is doing teddy bears. One person on the QVC Facebook begging QVC to stock them. Someone pointed out what he really did, she did not care as the teddy bear was not real fur. Ignore cow.

Julia Roberts is obviously a vegetarian for health reasons because vegetarian or not, any human being with a shred of decency and an ounce of compassion would be repulsed by this vile "man.......hopefully Karma will hit the big fat bar steward hard.

Latest posts

Back