Butler & Wilson TSV 07/11/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well, I saw nothing to upset anyone in your post or in some of the others that stated a preference without being derogatory. And to ram the message home, anyone here can be as derogatory as they like about any product but don't tell us not to do so because we're upsetting someone who's bought one product while it doesn't matter about another.

I'm not normally a B&W fan, btw, I just like this piece and I can't wait to receive it! QVC should be very happy with me because I haven't bought anything from them in ages.

I don't think it's ok for anyone to be as derogatory as they like, as to me that is rude. Surely a person can express a preference without seeming rude? Maybe they can't or don't feel the need to. The way I see it, one man's meat is another man's poison. And some styles suit one figure but look like a sack of spuds on another. I guess people in their twenties wouldn't be seen dead in any if Q's fashion offerings (having said that I wouldn't be seen dead in many things a twenty-something would wear! lol )

I wouldn't expect everyone to like everything in a range though. As with Thatu only liking a few B & W bits, I only like a few bits of Yong Kim (3 to be precise!). I used to like a lot of Kim & Co but have not liked anything for ages now. But some ranges are never going to please me. Butler and Wilson is one, Nina Leonard another, Perricone another, Lulu Guinness another.

There are ranges I "dabble in" from time to time, like Kipling, Yong Kim, Kim & Co, Diamonique, Northern Nights, Elemis, SBC and more recently Philosophy.

Then there are the "love" ranges-like Mally in my case (but even I don't like all of it and have sent quite a bit back).

I bet everyone would have different answers to:
-don't touch with a bargepole
-dabble from time to time
-ranges they love

I love reading posts on here and about what other people like to buy and what they don't :)

I like reading posts good or bad but it has absolutely no influence on wether I order something or not as I order things I like and that's all that matters.
Lynn

I don't think anyone should be worried about saying they don't like something. As long as you like it, who gives a toss?! I like LG bags and lots don't. It hasn't stopped me buying lots of them! Speak your mind by all means, as long as it's not directed at anyone personally then what's the big deal?! People are far too sensitive these days. Spend your money on what you want and, most of all, enjoy it!

It's interesting to hear what other people think (especially when you are not too sure yourself!). Sometimes you can have an opinion reinforced or others love something you can't stand but if you like it that's all that matters. On the question of taste, there is no such thing as bad or good just different. My other half had a good laugh the other day when I bought those Sketchers boots, he thought they looked like something an old granny would wear; but I put him straight on that one, they are 'fashionable':giggle:!! I didn't care anyway, they are soooo comfortable and what ever they look like I'm keeping them :happy:.

I don`t give a monkeys what people buy/like/dislike. It`s their money and their choice. I do think some people swallow the sales hype though and you only need to read short bursts on Q`s facebook page to see it. I also think some people think Q is the be all and end all of shopping and are stuck in a rut. Most of us on here have long ago realised it`s a big big retail World out there, many websites much better and cheaper than Q, not to mention bricks and mortar shops and lots more choice. I find Q quite insular these days, same brands, same hype, same presenters and stuck in a time warp. Consequently my purchases are very limited these days, SBC gels once a year, AD Synergy once a year, ABC wash once a year and that`s about it.
There are some brands which I`d never purchase, purely and simply because I feel they aren`t worth the money or they look horrible IMO but obviously other people think differently and that`s fair enough. My retail world is a big oyster these days, I buy almost everything online and have built up a library of tried and trusted websites but Q comes pretty near the bottom of the list except for the products I listed above and that`s because they still offer the best deals on them.

Totally agree, it's your money so spend it how you like.

If we all liked the same thing Q would have a stock of less than 10 items!

I like it when people give an opinion on a specific item they have ACTUALLY had in their hand as opposed to a generalised dislike of an entire range.

I love this forum for opinions of all sorts ....it does help me sometimes make a decision ....please keep your reviews coming ladies and gents ....personally I no longer buy B&W ...it just doesn't float my boat ...I bought a purse years ago I think ....but I ,ove seeing them on other people .....it would be boring if we all liked the same things ....

:mysmilie_59:

I bet everyone would have different answers to:
-don't touch with a bargepole
-dabble from time to time
-ranges they love

I love reading posts on here and about what other people like to buy and what they don't :)

-don't touch with a bargepole ...I would not order that wire brush to get rid of paving crack moss for myself after my Father ordered one, and the head flew off and hit the cat. Poor Trudie was in a splint for 3 weeks.
-dabble from time to time .. qvc do not sell this product :mysmilie_17:
-ranges they love.. if I were to be really truly tempted (and I had scoured TKMaxx first to be sure there are none there first) it would be Strivectin SD

Latest posts

Back