ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

popcorn

Registered Shopper
:bandit:Just a tale of woe
Bought items from QVC and they sent me the wrong item
Rang them and they sent me a returns pre paid label
Posted it off and got a certificate of postage
3 weeks later and no refund so rang them and they sent me form to fill in and return
Still no refund so rang payment company with a BIG V in it to see if they can help on phone for 30 minutes at this point
They tell me because I have no signed for delivery at QVC end my posting certificate is worthless and they cannot help
They then tell me to ring Trading Standards who tell me the same thing and advise small claims court for under a £100 pounds
All the proof lies with me not with them all they have to say is "We never got the goods back "this is what V told me
Moral of this story is never send anything back to QVC without it being signed for at their end and this involves high return costs
So much for award winning Customer Services
Or better still never buy from them
If I had bought from the High Street I would have been able to take it back in person
When all is eventually sorted out I shall be closing my account after being a loyal long term customer who has spent lots with them

Absolutely hopeless when they want to be, aren't they?.

Sounds like an email to the CEO is called for, IMHO!!

Normally if the item goes astray / is not checked in on return to the warehouse, QVC ask for proof of return ( copy of posting certificate) and then refund the customer. Have you contacted QVC again to find out what is happening to your refund? They may be running behind for some reason, or mislaid your proof of posting - annoying but it happens, unfortunately. Happened to me and a couple of calls sorted it out. Hope you manage to get to the bottom of it.

Definitely get back to QVC as they will generally accept your post office proof of posting even if you didn't use a signed for service. (i'd send them a photocopy of it or email a snapshot of it and keep the original in case that also goes astry). In fact sending an email is always preferable to phoning ( [email protected]), then at least you you have a record of what you've been told.

When they sent me the wrong item I gave them the details over the phone of who the intended recipient was and kicked up merry hell. They refunded me straight away and I insisted they sent a courier to come and pick it up, why should I waste my time traipsing to the dreaded High Street and the long queues at the Post Office for their mistake?

I think it depends who you speak to .Some CC staff are very good ,know the procedures etc, but others don't and just want to get you off the phone.

It happened to me recently. I had ordered something but received a completely different order.I rang CC and got a very efficient lady who sorted it all out, she reordered my item but at no cost just as a replacement,then sent me the prepaid label for the other persons item to be returned.She took the other persons name so she could contact them. All sorted in one phone call.All I had to do was go to the PO and get the proof of posting.

As others have said you should make QVC sort this out.Definately email someone in the management and complain that you are not getting support from Cc.

Mind you ,how they managed to confuse my order , a bedspread, with an Elemis order is beyond me......

Last edited:
Post on their Facebook page, they seem to respond there presumably because they don't like thousands of people seeing that they have messed up.

So, Q hasn't actually refused the refund - you just haven't heard from them or received it?

Before speaking to credit card and Trading Standards, I would probably have taken this up with Q again.

As someone else has already said, there may just be a backlog of paperwork.

3 weeks later and no refund so rang them and they sent me form to fill in and return
Still no refund so rang payment company with a BIG V in it to see if they can help on phone for 30 minutes at this point
They tell me because I have no signed for delivery at QVC end my posting certificate is worthless and they cannot help
They then tell me to ring Trading Standards who tell me the same thing and advise small claims court for under a £100 pounds
All the proof lies with me not with them all they have to say is "We never got the goods back "this is what V told me
Moral of this story is never send anything back to QVC without it being signed for at their end and this involves high return costs
If I had bought from the High Street I would have been able to take it back in person
When all is eventually sorted out I shall be closing my account after being a loyal long term customer who has spent lots with them

You should give QVC a call, they will sort it out.

I had to return an item about 3 weeks ago, I bought it in January so didn't hold out much hope they would accept a return, they did. They arranged a courier who collected at my convenience. After 10 days I hadn't heard anything so I called and was told they had not received it back yet, and they would send a letter out and to sign and return then they would refund, but inbetween the phone call and letter, QVC received my return and sent a replacement.

It was my first return in 15yrs shopping with them and was very pleased with the service I received.

I have rang Customer Services at least 10 times about it and they still say they have not got it back and the paperwork I signed and returned is not showing up yet
The CS person told me that they get loads of mail and it takes a days to get through it all
The impression I get is they are just fobbing me off and could not care less as it is not their money

[email protected]

Email them and list all the stages you've been through with them already, listing the phone calls as well. The problem with ringing CS is it's pot luck whether you speak to a competent helpful person or someone less experienced. Keep it brief,calm and factual so that you can forward it with any responses to Mr Boyd if all else fails. Don't use the web contact form but email from your email account so that you can keep a "paper trail" of what's been said. Take a photo of your proof of postage Post Office receipt and attach it to the email and ask them to accept this in lieu of the signed declaration which may have gone astray. If you give them the chance to put it right and they fail again, then forward the whole lot to the CEO. If they quibble that you should have sent the item back with a signed for service then they should have sent you the postage to do this, but they sent you a bog-standard 2nd class label and didn't advise you to send it any other way.

Spot on advice, Jude.

I have returned two items during the OP's three-week period; monies were credited on the fifth and on seventh day after posting, respectively. This is a much faster turnaround from QVC than I have experienced from it in the past. I assumed that orders were down, which allowed the Q worker bees to process refunds more quickly.

Unless I have a returns label hanging around, I tend to return wrong or faulty items immediately using the signed-for or registered services, and then claim the money back from QVC. The latter should not expect its customers to put up with such tardy and second-rate service.

I know of no reputable company with which I deal whereby returning goods is such a palaver. Most clothing companies provide proper re-sealable packaging, with proper gummed returns labels. Not so with Q: one has to cut the blue packaging carefully, steam off the original gummed label, cut the little returns label out of the invoice, glue or sellotape the cutting to the blue packaging, and sellotape the blue plastic to prevent the goods falling out!
J

I had a very similar experience with a coat which was returned via the courier. After leaving it a reasonable time to allow QVC to sort it out, I got nowhere with CS and sent the whole complaint to the CEO's office. I had a phone call from them within hours and the whole matter was resolved within a couple of days. Can't actually fault their service when it was applied, it just needed a virtual boot up the backside to make it happen! It sounds like you've given it enough time and effort already to justify elevating your complaint.

..are you sitting comfortably?

then I'll begin:

I still have a Kim & Co garment with someone else's invoice which I received a couple of month's ago. I could take it to the PO myself but in their email they promised to send me a label and also to phone within 48hours to address my concerns re data protection. Since neither materialised they can whistle and I'll sell said item on ebay! I should add that they sent me my correct item without having to sign a declaration promising away the life of my first-born should the item be lost delivered. So they got the solution 33% right and then took their eye off the ball.

I've just received a "lost item" declaration and doesn't your heart sink as you post it back? (your stamp cos they don't send a pre-paid envelope). The letter warns that they still won't take the letter at face value, they will follow up with a phone call to check one final time that the parcel hasn't arrived.

Has anyone had one of these phone calls? My phone makes a note of every single call, even the missed ones, the "number withheld" ones and the QVC ones (which sosmetime come up as being from outside the UK)but in 20 years I've never had one of these calls so the final leg of the rigmarole involves me checking the refund and ringing to ask why it hasn't happened yet. Without fail (so scripted I suspect) they say "they tried to call but got no answer" which is bollox as I'm always at home and Mr Akimbo works at home and even if we missed the call our phone would have a record of it. (we get v few calls to our landline anyway). If I forget to check the refund status, the final stage is a letter from Q saying that they'd "tried to ring (no you didn't) and as they'd heard no more about the matter assumed it was resolved", prompting the phone call to explain the item hasn't mysteriously arrived during the ensuing weeks. Meanwhile if I check the Hermes tracking for that item (already forgotten what it was in some cases or gone off the whole idea) it'll still say "Order Generated" or "Hub Trailer Sorted" which any other company would check and take as proof that they hadn't delivered the blessed thing and paid the refund 6 weeks ago. :taphead:

QVC's award winning customer service was clearly devised back in the days when Pogle lived in his wood; when "please wait 28 days for delivery" "Cash on Delivery" were the norm. Was is 1965, when the Woodentop family had a Mrs Mop in to clean for stay-at-home Mrs Woodentop and Mr W had bare-chested Sam help him in his shed? NO! it was 1993 when they set up this nonsense FFS!

btw was Mrs Mop the estranged wife of Dr Mopp on Camerwick Green following his dalliance with the hover-craft propelled Mrs Honeyman? We'll probably never know children :flower:

Bye bye children, bye bye :wave::wave:

hi just wanted to ask you, out of curiosity, did you (or have you) written to QVC headquarters in London?

I believe with all their constant bragging and hyperbole, we should write and give a piece of our minds direct to their HQ.

apologies to you if you've already done this, but I feel if we don't then things just stay as they are.

I tend to agree with several other posters. You're proof of posting is proof of a contract with the Post Office/Royal Mail to deliver your item. If you can prove you have posted it, then the fault lies with the mail, not with you, or with QVC. I think, if you have your proof of posting (or at least a photocopy of it) then both you and QVC have issue with the mail, surely?

The problem is that proof of posting doesn't really tell the whole story. Theoretically, you could send an empty envelope to get a proof of posting and then use that proof to make a claim against something expensive. And I presume that is why they won't take it on its own as proof. I'm not sure what it would take but there has to be some method whereby the contents of the parcel are noted on the proof of posting too and verified somehow. Then that could be accepted as proof and a refund issued right away. Perhaps QVC could include some sort of sticker that you put on to a parcel and/or the proof. Or perhaps it could be done by weight? I'm not sure there is any easy system that's robust enough to avoid fraud.

When I've had a prepaid returns label from QVC, the posting certificate from the post office normally has date / time posted, the weight of the item and a barcode number on, that can then be input on the Royal Mail tracking page. This then indicates when and where it was delivered but not who booked it in at the destination. Have you still got your posting cert? If so, try it. It should indicate it has been returned to the warehouse or 'it is still progressing through Royal Mail' services. ( I've had both scenarios!). Either way, QVC normally refund and sort it out from their end. I still think there is time yet for your refund to be issued.

Latest posts

Back