Carole Hochman

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm sitting here in my CH plush zip-thru dressing gown, the comfiest such garment I've ever owned. I will admit it's not Janet Reger, but it's not Nora Batty either. I haven't been able to find much in the way of zip-up robes anywhere else, so I'm grateful for CH. Comfy, well-made, not the most inspiring colours, not va-va-voom, but not intended to be.

And I use my velcro towel thing every day. So I must have crossed the rubicon into boring old bat territory?

I know we love to knock the qvc fashion offerings from the US but I think that nightwear is one area they do excel. I haven't bought CH but it looks very good quality. I have bought other American nightwear though and the styles are varied and the quality excellent. Some good stuff can be picked up at TKMaxx. The only thing I don't like, be it from over here or over there, is 'secret support'. If you are more than an A cup, forget it!

I bought a really pretty - and not old fashioned - nighdress about a year ago and was so impressed with how it looked and how comfortable it was, that I ordered a different nightdress a few weeks ago. It looked really nice and modern in the picture, but when I tried it on I felt like an 80 year old! So I think some of her designs are lovely but others not so much. But it's like everything, there has to be variation, and that nightie I didn't like has possibly been bought by a sweet old lady. Horses for courses and all that!

I really don't like her kaftans though, they look so cheap and tacky.

I think some of the PJ sets look quite nice, but possibly a bit overpriced for my liking. I haven't bought any of the range but wouldn't rule it out if I saw a reasonably priced set.

Latest posts

Back