Casual & Co TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's really hideous and a strange shape. As for the length, it would be like a coat on me and make me look as if my behind sticks out too far. It does, but I try not to emphasise the fact....:mysmilie_61:

When we were visiting the U.K. last October,I bought a couple of lightweight jumpers in ASDA for 3.99 each for wearing round the house. The quality is amazing, they have washed and washed without losing their shape. My friend called the other day and was wearing what we thought to be an identical one, same weight, quality and colour. Hers was from M&S and cost 29.99!

It'll definately show all my lumps and bumps thank you, not much room for a disguise there is there! LOL.

:mysmilie_17:

oddly enough julia has yet again plumped for the small
i make no excuse for the pun..:mysmilie_73:

This cardi is absolutely horrible. I wouldn't buy it if it was 99p with free P&P. I got a lovely thick, brand new woolly jumper from ebay last week, cost £2.05 + £2 P&P. And it is excellent for this freezing weather.

My Mum (in her 70s) thinks the TSV is far too frumpy, and I dread to think what my niece would think, so basically every age range thinks it's dreadful. Who exactly are the QVC clothes buyers thinking about when they buy this type of carp, especially for a TSV?

I thought that Julia looked slimmer. Maybe it was the cardigan!!!
I actually didn't mind the TSV at 7 o'clock this morning before my second cup of tea BUT, after reading the posts and taking another look, it isn't anything special is it? That collar worries me a bit too; could look a bit raggy and floppy quite soon. An article like that could be useful but if I saw it on a market stall or even hung up in a shop, I wouldn't look at it twice. No trouble FARTING today thank you. It is tomorrow that I am worried about.

I agree with all the above comments - market stall stuff - couldn't agree more !

The buyers were mentioned several times - weeellll having seen the age group responsible for programmes on the BBC, ITV et al - I have come to the conclusion that our discerning buyers have probably only just left the womb !!!!! oh, thats unfair. They are probably trendy young things teetering about in their heels, or slouching in their Uggs, while deciding what exciting knitwear to shove onto us and which would excite their Grannys !!!!

But, learn a lesson Buyers ! those Granny's (forget the Mums, totally different generation) are probably in their 60s plus now - were the trendsetters and mini skirt wearers back in the 60's, and wouldn't be seen dead in a pully then, let alone NOW !

I really would love to meet their buyers? Who is their target market? Who do they think will wear this?
Who?????
Why??????
Who??????????
Why???????????:mysmilie_177:1556::mysmilie_51::mysmilie_1456::mysmilie_1523::mysmilie_833::mysmilie_1097::mysmilie_156::

this must be the buying departments motto:

:mysmilie_411:

Last edited:
It all seems to be old stock, the same old stuff presented again and again. Casual and Co in partuicular is boring and tatty looking and all they seem to offer are those flimsy kaftan things. Surely the buyers can come up with better garments or are they trying to get rid of what they have in order to introduce brand new and exciting ranges in the spring!!!!

:mysmilie_17: :mysmilie_17: :mysmilie_17: :mysmilie_17:

Genevieve is bit boring too isn't she???

Even though I have a QVC trade ban at the moment, I still like to have a look whats about in the clothing, accessory and makeup lines - then get them elsewhere.

A couple of things struck me about one of the presentations.....Catherine the lovely young model looked to be constantly re-adjusting the front of her beige cardi, it looked like she was tucking in, pulling straight, hiding the button hole etc. Could be that it was too big and they had adjusted to button to make it fit and it just didnt work but it looked awkward.

Secondly, it says handwash although admitedly JR says the handwash cycle should be OK (mine wouldnt - ruined a couple of nice jumpers testing !).

Most of my handwash stuff lives at the bottom of the washing basket as I cant be bothered but this would certainly never see the light of day if it turned out to be strictly hand wash as it would be so heavy and cumbersome when wet.

Bet

"beige cardie" don't those two words just chill the soul? Soon they will be flogging those box pleated tartan skirts and fawn coloured nylon jackets that seem to be a sort of old lady uniform. Do the buyers ever vist the evil and verboten high street and see what is actully out there and what it costs? Don't think so if this frumpy over priced old fashioned tat is what they are serving up today. Bought a lovely black bolero style cardi from Asda recently, very stylish and it was £12 99p, yes QVC buyers £12 99

"beige cardie" don't those two words just chill the soul? Soon they will be flogging those box pleated tartan skirts and fawn coloured nylon jackets that seem to be a sort of old lady uniform. Do the buyers ever vist the evil and verboten high street and see what is actully out there and what it costs? Don't think so if this frumpy over priced old fashioned tat is what they are serving up today. Bought a lovely black bolero style cardi from Asda recently, very stylish and it was £12 99p, yes QVC buyers £12 99

But did you have to queue in Asda? We all hate queuing and prefer to wait for 1 week + to get our QVC stuff delivered than queue for a couple of minutes in Asda!

See -this is what i don't get about the sizing - I think i'm very similiar shape to julia - and I truly don't believe she is under a good size 14 - but then she quips shes wearing the small???? It doesn't nothing to help with QVC's ever confusing sizing issue.

Even when I'm not remotely interested in the TSV (any tsv),I don't know why - I always work out what size I would be or what colour I would go for!

(and these sizes don't add up - can't wait to read the reviews)

I really hope the qvc buyers read these thread.

Beige cardi renders exactly the opposite idea to Silver Sequin doesn't it?? One dull and frumpy, the other glam and sparkly.

I am posting on here as I don't want to start a new thread but I am watching the fashion essentials hour and I have to ask, is Amika pregnant? If not she needs some slim and lift on.
I have just seen her wearing something else and she doesn't look pregnant. Maybe she has put the pants on!

Last edited:
I am posting on here as I don't want to start a new thread but I am watching the fashion essentials hour and I have to ask, is Amika pregnant? If not she needs some slim and lift on.
I have just seen her wearing something else and she doesn't look pregnant. Maybe she has put the pants on!

It's those awful clothes Love Heart! On a similar note, Catherine's diet cheffing seems to be working well. She looks a lot slimmer than she did a week or so ago. Wish I could shift the kilo that I put on over christmas. As soon as the scales go up, even by the tiniest amount, I want to eat more! When I am at my normal weight I hardly think about food. Aren't we funny???

I have long thought that some old ladies slip into the habit of wearing a sort of nylon/crimpolene uniform...and I think QVC are catering for THEM...even the latest Emu boots looked like old ladies 'derry boots'.:mysmilie_81:

Haven't caught this TSV yet but clicked on the link I love Chocolate provided and whilst its not hideous or anything it is soooooo boooooring, and ridiculously over-priced for what it is. As for Julia - I've heard her say shes a size 12. Never in a million years, she is kidding herself. By the way ILC - are you watching Thorntons now ? It's a bit much hearing them oohing and aahing over a bit of caramel, I would never buy them from QVC with £4 postage

I have long thought that some old ladies slip into the habit of wearing a sort of nylon/crimpolene uniform...and I think QVC are catering for THEM...even the latest Emu boots looked like old ladies 'derry boots'.:mysmilie_81:

:mysmilie_17: :mysmilie_697: :mysmilie_61:

Derry boots! I had forgotten all about them. My sister and I used to say that they were derry bootiful.

Haven't caught this TSV yet but clicked on the link I love Chocolate provided and whilst its not hideous or anything it is soooooo boooooring, and ridiculously over-priced for what it is. As for Julia - I've heard her say shes a size 12. Never in a million years, she is kidding herself. By the way ILC - are you watching Thorntons now ? It's a bit much hearing them oohing and aahing over a bit of caramel, I would never buy them from QVC with £4 postage

I'm at work so not watching but have in the past and it does put you off a bit hearing all the noises!

Usually, it makes me go to the cupboard to see what chocolate I can eat!

Latest posts

Back