Cathy Kangas.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I admire Cathy but she might want to avoid "pooping in her own nest". She is, after all, selling on QVC UK, and don't QVC now sell in China, albeit in partnership with CNR? Or have QVC now pulled out of China?

I mentioned in another thread that I was interested in trying the Flora Mare range that Q have started selling.
No mention on their website regarding animal testing so I e-mailed them about a month ago asking them to clarify.

I've heard nothing back, so I can only assume that they do test on animals.

I mentioned in another thread that I was interested in trying the Flora Mare range that Q have started selling.
No mention on their website regarding animal testing so I e-mailed them about a month ago asking them to clarify.

I've heard nothing back, so I can only assume that they do test on animals.

It is so sad when they fail to reply - I would think very badly of their so called interest in what customers think - having said that, try writing a letter to QVC headquarters in London, and tell me if they reply - they've failed on several occasions to reply to me.

I think, and I know I sound like a broken record, its up to customers to keep up the pressure - if these companies started to lose orders and/or customers, they would soon enough stop testing on animals, and stop selling in China - money talks.

I've been meaning to comment on this for a while. Here I am, poorly in bed, with lots of time to listen/'dip in' to Q, with time on my hands.

Hasn't Kathy got the most amazing skin? She doesn't look like she has succumbed to the knife either. Is it the ingredients of Prai I wonder?

What is the brand of the platinum serum she refers to? The one they have done their own version of? I am very curious! I thought Chanel but didn't think it would be £480 from them.

Regarding the animal testing, I have recently been looking again to check my most used brands. I am very happy to see Waitrose, Morrisons and Sainsburys are leaping bunny certified. I don't think Tesco are far off, but Asda don't seem to be trying as hard. I usually buy my home cleaning products from M&S but I have a Waitrose closer so that makes me happy.

They sold tickets to this year's Beauty Bash as well as offering free places. I assume these are based on purchase history (tho they claim it's random) as there are always some notable ebay sellers at these events.

I'm only 90 minutes from London but like a fine wine, I don't travel well; the goody bags' contents pretty well cover the cost of a train ticket and it's usually a jolly day out. People I've chatted to from further afield have made a trip of it and booked a hotel and maybe a show or more shopping so if you know you'll be around London for the next Beauty Bash I'd recommend it. If I still lived in Lancashire I'm not sure I'd travel down just for the BB; it's a shame they don't do a road-show with venues around the UK (incl. NI) but it'd be a nightmare co-ordinating all the different vendors to travel around the British Isles for a series of dates.

I'm curious as to how you could tell, did they give out business cards with their eBay user-names?

LOL Not so much but I used to sell quite a bit on ebay (a decade ago...it's no fun any more). There were fewer ebayer selling QVC brands back then and I'm still in touch with a couple of them. The ones I knew pointed out some of the others they knew at a NewYearNewYou event and the same faces seem to crop up at every Q event I've been to since. It's a fairly convincing sign that the ticket selection isn't random but related to volume of purchases.

Latest posts

Back