Cease and Desist

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am trying to work out when all this stuff started in general? Late '90s, early 2000s? Later? I don't remember multi gender embracement on QVC in the 1990s - Just Around The House with Paul Lavers
Only in the last two years, I will say. Now, before that, she always pushed the suitable for African and women of colour angle for beauty products.

What will her angle be? Will she suddenly have somehow been involved in the beauty industry, or perhaps when she was younger used to experiment with ingredients to make her own products, or do her own make up when appearing on dancing shows, or maybe she’s found a puddle of very special mud in some God forsaken river/swamp/rainforest/cave which she can flog to us to rejuvenate out skin and hair, and make us smell nice.

Clue is in the use of beautiful....again.
Have you noticed the increasing use of the word 'elevated' now? There's clearly been an edict from America, no doubt following intensive focus groups, where any item of clothing needs to be described thus. So now we have overpriced PJs, duvet covers Marla Wynne blouses and everything and anything lumbered with the 'I think this is a really elevated piece' mantra.

The only thing 'elevated' on QVC Fashion is the prices, and their bullshit.

Have you noticed the increasing use of the word 'elevated' now? There's clearly been an edict from America, no doubt following intensive focus groups, where any item of clothing needs to be described thus. So now we have overpriced PJs, duvet covers Marla Wynne blouses and everything and anything lumbered with the 'I think this is a really elevated piece' mantra.

The only thing 'elevated' on QVC Fashion is the prices, and their bullshit.
How VERY dare you! Marla's elevated pieces are most certainly NOT duvet covers!!!

They're recycled horse blankets 🐴

I am trying to work out when all this stuff started in general? Late '90s, early 2000s? Later? I don't remember multi gender embracement on QVC in the 1990s - Just Around The House with Paul Lavers

Technically, it started in 2015 when the WHO re-categorised gender dysphoria from a mental health condition to a "real thing" (in words to that effect).

We also had gay marriage legalised here in the UK in 2014. This meant the biggest LGB organisation, Stonewall, was losing money as they no longer really had a drum to bang.

Some bright spark decided tagging the rest of the alphabet onto the LGB bit would be a great (money-making) idea and the alphabet soup/gender BS/pronoun crap took off. This left the LGB in the dust but they couldn't exactly drop them.

Social Media really helped seal the deal. Youngsters on the autistic spectrum were particularly targeted (still are) by the pink and blue brigade and the Gender Wars started. Safeguarding goes out the door when the adults supposedly in charge start following the "guidelines" set by an organisation that makes an enormous amount of money training MANY sectors (including schools, the NHS, police and government). The "guidelines" set are also not legal despite them insisting they are.

The real safeguarding has been left to mainly middle-aged women who can see through this BS but since sport has had its sex-based problems and, in particular, Isla Bryson's ridiculous bid to gain access to an easier time (and the opportunity to abuse just like the fox in a hen-house), more men have understood the problems this has created.

It certainly looks like Q have been Stonewalled (or trained by one of the other many dubious "charities" that exist). Either that and they're being carefully PC or they've found an extra market to sell to. I very much doubt they sell much to the new flag types but they undoubtedly sell a LOT to 40+ women and a lot of us are getting extremely miffed at this nonsense.

Of course, it goes back years and years. Social Media, access to drugs and clinics and a push to make a trans child more fashionable than having a gay child are big drivers but this article explains a bit about the trend to sexualise children and make it normal: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-26352378

We laugh and/or get annoyed by this constant push for inclusivity but what lies beneath is far more serious.

Only in the last two years, I will say. Now, before that, she always pushed the suitable for African and women of colour angle for beauty products.

Yeah, it's funny how quickly that cause fell by the wayside.

I see Alex Kramer has jumped on the gender bandwagon. Flogging some item of clothing this afternoon, said it was suitable for whatever gender you identify with.🤷‍♀️
Have the big cheeses at QVC told them to do this? Did Kramer mean that the garment was so shapeless it would be suitable for both a feminine figure and a masculine figure?

If Q really wanted to make a difference to the lives of the transgender community they could do a ****** sight better than paying lip service to them with nothing more than words. How about sourcing footwear that goes up to a size 12, recommending cosmetics that are good at playing down masculine features, wigs even, transgender models. If they're going to acknowledge these people, then they should go all out and do it and not insult them by suggesting that a Kim jumpsuit, a face gloop and a pair of Diamonique earrings are suitable for all genders, and even more than that don't insult women in the process by correcting other presenters for using traditionally female terminology eg, bridesmaid.
Bandwagon well and truly jumped on but the way it stands they are pi$$ing off more people than they're pleasing!

If Q really wanted to make a difference to the lives of the transgender community they could do a ****** sight better than paying lip service to them with nothing more than words. How about sourcing footwear that goes up to a size 12, recommending cosmetics that are good at playing down masculine features, wigs even, transgender models. If they're going to acknowledge these people, then they should go all out and do it and not insult them by suggesting that a Kim jumpsuit, a face gloop and a pair of Diamonique earrings are suitable for all genders, and even more than that don't insult women in the process by correcting other presenters for using traditionally female terminology eg, bridesmaid.
Bandwagon well and truly jumped on but the way it stands they are pi$$ing off more people than they're pleasing!
I agree, you can't be what you can't see! They should get some of Ru Paul's gang on there. S/he's been on the phone when Mally has been on screen or do I misremember?

Technically, it started in 2015 when the WHO re-categorised gender dysphoria from a mental health condition to a "real thing" (in words to that effect).

We also had gay marriage legalised here in the UK in 2014. This meant the biggest LGB organisation, Stonewall, was losing money as they no longer really had a drum to bang.

Some bright spark decided tagging the rest of the alphabet onto the LGB bit would be a great (money-making) idea and the alphabet soup/gender BS/pronoun crap took off. This left the LGB in the dust but they couldn't exactly drop them.

Social Media really helped seal the deal. Youngsters on the autistic spectrum were particularly targeted (still are) by the pink and blue brigade and the Gender Wars started. Safeguarding goes out the door when the adults supposedly in charge start following the "guidelines" set by an organisation that makes an enormous amount of money training MANY sectors (including schools, the NHS, police and government). The "guidelines" set are also not legal despite them insisting they are.

The real safeguarding has been left to mainly middle-aged women who can see through this BS but since sport has had its sex-based problems and, in particular, Isla Bryson's ridiculous bid to gain access to an easier time (and the opportunity to abuse just like the fox in a hen-house), more men have understood the problems this has created.

It certainly looks like Q have been Stonewalled (or trained by one of the other many dubious "charities" that exist). Either that and they're being carefully PC or they've found an extra market to sell to. I very much doubt they sell much to the new flag types but they undoubtedly sell a LOT to 40+ women and a lot of us are getting extremely miffed at this nonsense.

Of course, it goes back years and years. Social Media, access to drugs and clinics and a push to make a trans child more fashionable than having a gay child are big drivers but this article explains a bit about the trend to sexualise children and make it normal: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-26352378

We laugh and/or get annoyed by this constant push for inclusivity but what lies beneath is far more serious.

Yeah, it's funny how quickly that cause fell by the wayside.
There is also an anti age agenda starting up.
I've seen a few articles lately calling pensioners (I hate that term)scroungers,leeches etc.,DNR should be on everyone over 70 's health record. Over 60's are paying too low prices for motor insurance and on and on it goes.
Seniors getting blamed for working hard paying taxes,saving up to buy things they needed for the house, it's their fault that house prices are high,we are just a set of greedy people.🤬

Latest posts

Back