Centigrade TSV Friday

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Beware...Julia stated that if you are a 38 inch bust go for a small......now I am a 38 and I wear a size 16-18....don't like things tight but no way would a small ever fit me. I have measured my coats and they are about 46 inch chest. To confuse matters they stated Joy the plus size model is a 16-18 and she is in XL:mysmilie_73:

Not that I am going to buy the granny mac.( no offence to anyone who has bought it)

The coat won't even do up properly on her. Poor deluded Julia.
Even the pockets are stretched out and you can see the lining in them. I wonder if she ever looks at her back view because her side view aint that good! You'd think that fashion stylist would tell her..wot's his name, you know that one who used to sing country and western!

Even the pockets are stretched out and you can see the lining in them. I wonder if she ever looks at her back view because her side view aint that good! You'd think that fashion stylist would tell her..wot's his name, you know that one who used to sing country and western!

He propably has not noticed. Remember: he thinks QVC's fashion is "on trend".
That is what happenes in a paralell universe.
PS did not know he sang country and western, hope he was better at that then fashion?:mysmilie_61:

Have to be honest. I don't dislike the tsv (I could do with something like that actually), I don't mind Glen (though I do see what you all mean about the constant repetition of the same phrases) and, though Julia was wearing the small she actually said that she would have chosen the meduim. I on the otehr hand am a size 12 and would have to go for the extra small. The sizing is ridiculous.

Have to be honest. I don't dislike the tsv (I could do with something like that actually), I don't mind Glen (though I do see what you all mean about the constant repetition of the same phrases) and, though Julia was wearing the small she actually said that she would have chosen the meduim. I on the otehr hand am a size 12 and would have to go for the extra small. The sizing is ridiculous.

I don't mind it either - it's one of the better TSVs from this range that I've seen and tbh I was all set to maybe purchase the Red option as I have been after a mac in that length for some time now. However, yet again, I cannot as the sizing is all to cock. I would need the XS, but that's a 40 inch bust measurement. I have three other Centigrade coats all in XS that vary between 36-38 inches and fit me well with say a sweater or thick jumper on underneath - but this with a 40 inch bust would bury me. That's got to be at least a 12-14?

QVC get your sizing sorted out, cos you've just lost a sale...:mysmilie_73:

Not sure about this. I think the zip puts me off, although I am looking for a weather resistant stone coloured coat. The price is very reasonable too.

I agree with Almerinda - to be fair to Julia she did say that she is a 12 -14 and that she would be more comfortable in a medium.

Cavegirl - I am sure that they said two of the models were wearing XS and they are not size 12-14. I think that the XS is probably a size 10.

Last edited:
My Mum and I were discussing it at breakfast time this morning because we're all going to the rainy Lake District in a few weeks and I haven't got anything even vaguely "practical" to wear! (I'm a trench and brolly girl usually)She rang purely to suggest I get one. :D Bless! D'ya think she's in the employ of QVC?

I quite fancied the blue with the striking green lining. (Not that anybody sees your lining but they don't see my bra either and I still like wearing pretty ones!)

As Mum was keen to point out if I got one that was big enough to wear warm layers under for The Lakes it would also be big enough to wear my suit jacket underneath for work and it's not ugly whereas many practical jackets are V V ugly. I've been to Milletts!

We ended up having a big discussion about the sizing though. If Julia can wear a small but might be better off in the medium then I could probably get away with a medium over a T shirt but for layers and work clothes I'd need a Large.

But Joy's the the Xl and I tend to use Joy as a point of reference rather than Julia...

In a shop you'd just try it on and know instantly which size would be right - ordering two or three knowing that at most you are only keeping one is a pain in the butt isn't it?

I think I'd need to go for an xl cos 50 inches minus the recommended 5 inches is 45 and my chest measures 40 inches in just a bra so add a suit jacket or an arran sweater under there and I'd need those extra inches.

Ooh just looked and the blue's gone anyway. Blimey! :(

PS Did anyone else find it quite hard to see the colours properly because on the website they look different to the VT they had filmed on location and different again under the studio lights?

I have 2 Centrigrade coats, one the long faux fur lined one, and a fringed suede jacket, both XS, I would say they're a generous size 10/poss small 12 as I can wear them with jumpers underneath.

My Mum and I were discussing it at breakfast time this morning because we're all going to the rainy Lake District in a few weeks and I haven't got anything even vaguely "practical" to wear! (I'm a trench and brolly girl usually)She rang purely to suggest I get one. :D Bless! D'ya think she's in the employ of QVC?

I quite fancied the blue with the striking green lining. (Not that anybody sees your lining but they don't see my bra either and I still like wearing pretty ones!)

As Mum was keen to point out if I got one that was big enough to wear warm layers under for The Lakes it would also be big enough to wear my suit jacket underneath for work and it's not ugly whereas many practical jackets are V V ugly. I've been to Milletts!

We ended up having a big discussion about the sizing though. If Julia can wear a small but might be better off in the medium then I could probably get away with a medium over a T shirt but for layers and work clothes I'd need a Large.

But Joy's the the Xl and I tend to use Joy as a point of reference rather than Julia...

In a shop you'd just try it on and know instantly which size would be right - ordering two or three knowing that at most you are only keeping one is a pain in the butt isn't it?
I think I'd need to go for an xl cos 50 inches minus the recommended 5 inches is 45 and my chest measures 40 inches in just a bra so add a suit jacket or an arran sweater under there and I'd need those extra inches.

Ooh just looked and the blue's gone anyway. Blimey! :(

PS Did anyone else find it quite hard to see the colours properly because on the website they look different to the VT they had filmed on location and different again under the studio lights?

Not to mention expensive L.A. It would cost you £14.85 just to get them to you and you may end up keeping none of them and paying P&P back, admitedly less than QVC charge but still an additional cost. The P&P is extortinate :mysmilie_701:

Not to mention expensive L.A. It would cost you £14.85 just to get them to you and you may end up keeping none of them and paying P&P back, admitedly less than QVC charge but still an additional cost. The P&P is extortinate :mysmilie_701:

and the really annoying thing about all of that is that although you are ordering the same coat, its in different sizes and so you get no discount on P&P
I can not, even after all these years, get my head around it.:mysmilie_73::mysmilie_73::mysmilie_73:

I don't like it - and agree again the sizing is rubbish.I'm a 14 with a 40" chest and looking at the measurements,I think I would be a med - and julia just confuses the whole sizing issue - as usual

and the really annoying thing about all of that is that although you are ordering the same coat, its in different sizes and so you get no discount on P&P
I can not, even after all these years, get my head around it.:mysmilie_73::mysmilie_73::mysmilie_73:

I agree :mysmilie_12:

Beware...Julia stated that if you are a 38 inch bust go for a small......now I am a 38 and I wear a size 16-18....don't like things tight but no way would a small ever fit me. I have measured my coats and they are about 46 inch chest. To confuse matters they stated Joy the plus size model is a 16-18 and she is in XL:mysmilie_73:

Not that I am going to buy the granny mac.( no offence to anyone who has bought it)
I took notice of a presenter saying she wore a certain size and to go for it but it was way too small. It cost me over £8 in postage by the time I sent it back.

Well I have gone for the Red I NEED a red coat :) and I like hoods because I go to work on the train and it saves the bother of an umbrella, got in from work and it was on waitilist but the red option has been going on and off waitlist for the last hour and I got one when it was showing as in stock. Not convinced I will ever get it though it seems very odd that one minute its on waitlist then the next its in stock

Latest posts

Back