Charlie Brook

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I don't wish Charlie ill - I'm sure he's a decent enough bloke - I just find his style something of a smarm overdose. He's better than gurning Craig Rowe and raspy gnome Richard Jackson. Dale Franklin is OK. Funnily enough I quite like Simon Biaggi yet he is arguably more unctuous than Charlie. I wish they'd have Dennis Basso as a presenter! I think he'd be funny!

That must be a joke no way would he ever make me laugh,vile person.

Channel hopped over during the adverts to see a peed Basso acting the fool, Chloe said "Dennis is on fire tonight!!"...........I thought, I wish.

Whilst I don't wish Charlie ill - I'm sure he's a decent enough bloke - I just find his style something of a smarm overdose. He's better than gurning Craig Rowe and raspy gnome Richard Jackson. Dale Franklin is OK. Funnily enough I quite like Simon Biaggi yet he is arguably more unctuous than Charlie. I wish they'd have Dennis Basso as a presenter! I think he'd be funny!

Really? there are a lot nicer things in life you could wish for, how about the end of animal cruelty, and cruelty in general, that would be a nice wish, well it would be my wish anyway.

Really? there are a lot nicer things in life you could wish for, how about the end of animal cruelty, and cruelty in general, that would be a nice wish, well it would be my wish anyway.

Yes, it would be nice to end animal cruelty but ending human cruelty is arguably a greater priority. I'm not sure about charities like the Cats (sic) Protection League. They can't even put an apostrophe in the correct place! Cats are fine but do they really need "protecting?" Aren't there more important things in the world to protect than cats? I personally hate pigeons! I'd rather they were all DEAD. They are just flying rats, yet there are some people that will extol their virtues.

Pigeons are Ok in their place ,on rocky cliffs,but they have moved into the urban areas which we have built so you can't really blame them.They are encouraged by the amount of food people throw away and dump around the streets,same with urban foxes.

Basso was giving it a lot of hard sell yesterday and the TSV from what I could tell didnt sell well .Thats when Chloe told a porkie and said there were very limited sizes so they wouldn't be showing it again and showed OTO. On the web most sizes were still available.

Yes, it would be nice to end animal cruelty but ending human cruelty is arguably a greater priority. I'm not sure about charities like the Cats (sic) Protection League. They can't even put an apostrophe in the correct place! Cats are fine but do they really need "protecting?" Aren't there more important things in the world to protect than cats? I personally hate pigeons! I'd rather they were all DEAD. They are just flying rats, yet there are some people that will extol their virtues.

I feel sorry for you, not in a patronising way, I actually do for having so much hate inside you, I actually said "cruelty in general" which means every living thing. Cats do need protecting from the likes of people like you who see their lives as worthless, as for putting "dead" in capital letters for the shock value, there's really no need. I don't see pigeons as flying rats I see them for what they are, birds, you've tried to make your comment funny with the apostrophe comment, but I find no humour in what you put. I regret sticking up for you in the past, other posters were right and I was wrong I admit it, they were right and I guarantee I won't be doing it again.

I'm just adding that it is possible to protect more than one thing.

Last edited:
Humans can decide whether they are cruel to other living beings or not. Animal are not, they kill because they need to eat or its the instinct to hunt. Human do it for fun.

Personally if I found someone being cruel to an animal or a child, I would be very inventive in my cruelty to them.

Humans can decide whether they are cruel to other living beings or not. Animal are not, they kill because they need to eat or its the instinct to hunt. Human do it for fun.

Personally if I found someone being cruel to an animal or a child, I would be very inventive in my cruelty to them.

You're absolutely right Donna, out of all the animals on this planet, it's Humans that are the cruelest and most barbaric.

Well said, shopperholic. I deplore cruelty to any living creature, and sadly someone who would deliberately endorse or encourage cruelty to animals is likely to do the same to human beings IMO.:mysmilie_504: Shame that human beings are far crueller than animals - animals have a lot to teach the human race.

I feel sorry for you, not in a patronising way, I actually do for having so much hate inside you, I actually said "cruelty in general" which means every living thing. Cats do need protecting from the likes of people like you who see their lives as worthless, as for putting "dead" in capital letters for the shock value, there's really no need. I don't see pigeons as flying rats I see them for what they are, birds, you've tried to make your comment funny with the apostrophe comment, but I find no humour in what you put. I regret sticking up for you in the past, other posters were right and I was wrong I admit it, they were right and I guarantee I won't be doing it again.

I'm just adding that it is possible to protect more than one thing.

Well said, shopperholic. I deplore cruelty to any living creature, and sadly someone who would deliberately endorse or encourage cruelty to animals is likely to do the same to human beings IMO.:mysmilie_504: Shame that human beings are far crueller than animals - animals have a lot to teach the human race.

You're right H, I echo your comment completely. :clapping:

How long has Charlie been off our screens? I didn't think it was long enough for back surgery but then he's relatively young so could heal more easily.

I wouldn't say I'm encouraging cruelty to anyone or anything. I just believe that there is a chain of priority. It seems strange to me to see people feeding pigeons. I don't see them as nice creatures. I don't like rats either. I have nothing particularly against cats but I just believe it more important to help children who are at risk, or elderly people who cannot eat. I would place the rights of many domestic animals more highly above many types of humans who commit certain types of crimes. I wouldn't say I am full of hate - I just like some creatures more than others and try to prioritise certain things in life, as probably most people, including yourself, do. I am not one of those people that views everything as God's creatures. If there is a fly in my room I will open the window and usher it out. If it doesn't leave - it's dead! Please don't try and pretend to be all sweetness and light because it's just cannot be true. I speak my mind and I'm sorry if you don't like that. I try to realise that some things are of more value than others. People can subscribe to the Bedbug Protection Society if they want to, but I won't be joining.
This is a forum for people to express their views but it's not Preachers' Corner.

I wouldn't say I'm encouraging cruelty to anyone or anything. I just believe that there is a chain of priority. It seems strange to me to see people feeding pigeons. I don't see them as nice creatures. I don't like rats either. I have nothing particularly against cats but I just believe it more important to help children who are at risk, or elderly people who cannot eat. I would place the rights of many domestic animals more highly above many types of humans who commit certain types of crimes. I wouldn't say I am full of hate - I just like some creatures more than others and try to prioritise certain things in life, as probably most people, including yourself, do. I am not one of those people that views everything as God's creatures. If there is a fly in my room I will open the window and usher it out. If it doesn't leave - it's dead! Please don't try and pretend to be all sweetness and light because it's just cannot be true. I speak my mind and I'm sorry if you don't like that. I try to realise that some things are of more value than others. People can subscribe to the Bedbug Protection Society if they want to, but I won't be joining.
This is a forum for people to express their views but it's not Preachers' Corner.

How do you know that these people feeding pigeons don't go on to Help The Aged and help them by buying them food, how do I know? because I do it. Why do you assume people who help cats don't help children too, why with you is it either, or? Can't people help many things at the same time? Who's trying to be "all sweetness and light"? As far as I can tell, History is sweetness and light, that's how her comments come across as a nice person, just like yours come across as horrible with you not being a very nice person and it was me who said you're full of hate. Yes of course speak your mind, I hope when you kill a bird that won't leave your room it leaves you with some sort of sadness, but I sincerely doubt it, but I ask myself, it takes some doing for a bird to fly into a room so are you tempting them in? Who knows but by the sound of your comments, it's not beyond possibility. So others are preaching but you comment? Hypocrite.

Oh Julius! Didn't you get the memo? Everyone on here has to agree with everyone else's opinion or you feel the wrath... Go and sit in the naughty corner!:mysmilie_13:

Oh here we go.

Thought I'd stick up for him as you no longer will, and besides you have selective reading, read his comment again, he doesn't mention killing birds at all... he said he kills flies, which i'm sure even saint shopperholic has done at some point.

I don't agree with many things in this world, but Julius did make some good points, and for once so did you... but I don't see why you have to need to argue with everyone if their views are different to yours. Anyway, that's all I'm saying.

Thought I'd stick up for him as you no longer will, and besides you have selective reading, read his comment again, he doesn't mention killing birds at all... he said he kills flies, which i'm sure even saint shopperholic has done at some point.

I don't agree with many things in this world, but Julius did make some good points, and for once so did you... but I don't see why you have to need to argue with everyone if their views are different to yours. Anyway, that's all I'm saying.

Hang on?! So others can comment but I can't, Julius was done for shock value mine wasn't and with you I'm still the bad guy, not that I give a toss. I'm not arguing! I'm commenting, why in your eyes is it ok for Julius to answer my comment but not me answer his? By the way, he states in his posts that if the bird doesn't leave its "dead" Anyway, I won't be replying to any of your comments and personal attacks, I'm not acting like a child, so have a lovely evening.

Some animal rights extremists are not that different to "religious" terrorists. They latch onto something and jump onto a bandwagon, often failing to see reason because they are so focused on their narrow perspective. Some awful atrocities have been committed by animal rights extremists and anti-abortion groups etc. Many people who preach animal rights themselves eat meat and meat by-products that have been produced and reared under the most terrible conditions. Don't you DARE preach to me when you don't realise where that chicken on your plate came from, fools! And please don't tell me you would gladly tolerate fleas / rats / mice and bedbugs in your house, 'cos you would not! I am all for animal rights generally, but try to temper this with some sense of priority. In my world humans take priority. If I can help a starving child or a starving cat, the child gets my support. If I had to choose between supporting a cat or a paedophile / rapist / murder / abuser I would support the cat first. I deplore abortion. I think it's wrong in almost all but a limited certain specific cases. I don't think that makes it right to go and blow up surgeons' cars! If a woman is raped or there is clear scientific proof that continuing a pregnancy could cause physical harm to mother or child, abortion may be justified. If a woman wants to use abortion almost like a means of contraception, that is totally unethical. Many people who take animal rights to extreme have been wronged by humans and shun them in favour of animals who provide a more unconditional kind of companionship and lack capacity to deceive. We have much to learn from animals but please do not forget the barbarity that goes on in the animal kingdom. I encourage people to take a broader view and look at their own issues before condemning others simply because they don't fit your narrow agenda. I'm not vegetarian. I eat organic beef once or twice a month. I check the husbandry and rearing. I act charitably where I can, where I can know and see it making a tangible difference. Do I give a damn about pigeons and rats? Not particularly, no! If I saw a pigeon with a broken wing and it was suffering, would I help it? Absolutely yes. I'm not claiming to be a perfect person but I do try to take a broader view than many people do. I have many reasons to have given up on the world, yet I haven't done so. There are probably more wonderful things than there are negative dross, but I'm not scared to exercise common sense and good judgement. So for all you ignorant people bestowing me with your "pity" that you "don't want to be patronising" (which in itself seems inherently patronising) go and stick your pity where the sun doesn't shine. You don't know me from Adam. Sort your own life out and be true to yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back