Childish Claire Sutton

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

whitesnake

Registered Shopper
Just put QVC on and Claire Sutton is on presenting a jewellery clearance hour. I have to ask why does she have to behave and speak so childishly? She is a grown woman for heavens sake yet she puts on these little girl voices! Someone needs to have a serious word with her. It is beyond irritating and makes me want to turn off. Can we just not have a sensible yet informative presenter not giggling every few minutes? I guess she thinks she appears endearing - well I'll tell you something she does not endear me!!! ( On that note I've put a dvd on. Can't stand any more of this nonsense.)

What you say about Claire is totally correct. I remember when Claire first started at QVC and when she got engaged, married and her first child came along. She's the same now as she was then, and annoys me now just as much. I think she's probably a really nice person though, so maybe we are being unkind.

The ones i personally can't stand, and move me to switch off, are in no particular order.
Jill Franks
Alison Keenan
all of the new girls without exception
there are others who I can still watch, but not for a whole hour.

She's got a ...talk to you like this as you are all probably senile anyway ....type of voice ...(my fave description at the moment because that is how it comes across with a lot of them):mysmilie_10::mysmilie_7:

Fortunately I do not see her very often but she always reminds me of a fictional schoolgirl in a comic like Bunty. Such a goody two shoes persona, acts as if she is around 13! I find it quite mystifying but when she starts banging on about her mummy I just have to switch off.

She's got a ...talk to you like this as you are all probably senile anyway ....type of voice ...(my fave description at the moment because that is how it comes across with a lot of them):mysmilie_10::mysmilie_7:

Except when they are shouting out sizes at the speed of light, if at all.

I always feel kind of sorry for her. She annoys me but at the same time seems quite vulnerable (and the girly persona is like a mask for the real person) so I give her the benefit of the doubt.

I know she comes over a wee bit jolly hockey sticks, but she is always well turned out and doesn't do the shouty hard sell so I can forgive her.

I suspect it is to cover up a Northern accent, and the result of elocution lessons. Men, without lessons, tend to get the vowels wrong as in "the proof of the padding is in the eating". I sense a pushy Mummy in the background. The icky girly breathy sweety melty buttery in mouthy lispy thingummy she does which has made me unable to listen to her for at least ten years makes me want to shout "Come from somewhere Northern, lass?"

I like her.
Having to have a smile on your face all the time when you have tough stuff to deal with in your life day after day isn't easy, so I think she deserves some credit for it. She tries to be nice - there's worse things to be.

I also like her, as an employed seller. She does her job well, however... I a dislike the 'Watch with Mummy' voice, Claire has always had a soft voice, but I notice has become even more sickly-sweet. Its an annoyance, I thought for a minute about an actress that has the same effect on me - I decided its Bonnie Langford, particularly the young Bonnie Langford

"I'll Scwheem & Scwheem & Scwheem until im sthick!"

As for Claire's personality, whether she is like this, off-air, I have no idea.

I don't mind Claire, but when Jill Franks comes on I have to switch off! I have missed many of my favourite shows because she is presenting! She always seems to do the evening shows too, which really annoys me! Can you tell I don't like Jill Franks!!

I think Claire would have that type of voice anyway but having small children doesnt help as anyone I know with young ones talks to everyone as if they are 3. Giving them the benefit of the doubt I dont think they realise it but I'm afraid that some are born into the happy clappy talk down role.

I find it amusing as on the ideal world documentary from 2000, they film the early parts of it at qvc and she is one of the people they interviewed.... she acted like most people see a job (great while doing it, hated it when off camera etc)

Latest posts

Back