Claire Sutton

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

catseye

Registered Shopper
I am watching Claire Sutton on the Clogau hour at the moment with the volume turned right down as I cannot abide her voice. I wish she would do something with that awful yellow hair. It does her no favours and is even worse now that she has no fringe. Her face looks even longer. She should also give up the black looking eyes as she is really beginning to look a bit haggard. I know that she always appears well groomed and makes an effort for the shows but it is seriously time for a change. Sorry about the negative comments but she needs someone to give her a complete makeover.

Quite harsh c, I think she always looks well groomed and pretty. I certainly wouldn't say haggard. She suffers from depression so maybe struggling at the moment, who knows. I wish her well.

Just watching her on the YC show and i think she looks pretty good , I think her hair is gorgeous.

I agree Autumn, I'd like to look that bad! Having a special needs son too, I envy her energy sometimes.

I am watching Claire Sutton on the Clogau hour at the moment with the volume turned right down as I cannot abide her voice. I wish she would do something with that awful yellow hair. It does her no favours and is even worse now that she has no fringe. Her face looks even longer. She should also give up the black looking eyes as she is really beginning to look a bit haggard. I know that she always appears well groomed and makes an effort for the shows but it is seriously time for a change. Sorry about the negative comments but she needs someone to give her a complete makeover.

Don't be sorry for your negative comment, it's your opinion and you're fully entitled to it. I can't stand that childish voice either, to me it's embarrassing to hear anyone other than a child talk like that. As for her hair, I think the horses mane look has had its day, as she's older in years now, I think she would suit it shoulder length, but that's just my opinion and like I say, we're all entitled to one.

I have thought for a while that her hair needs something.She has lightened it a little I think and now its been mentioned ive realised growing out the fringe has changed the way she looks.Yes she is well groomed but I remember her with a shorter bob,years ago and I liked it more.

Growing the fringe out can make such a difference ,as with Jill Franks.Her forehead lines are quite deep and obvious.I have a fringe for the same reason to cover up things,but I keep thinking I should grow it out as I get older.

Last edited:
I thought Claire looked lovely during the TSV launch with Steven Corfield. Her dress was very nice, and I thought she looked very healthy, even though she seems more of an early rather than late presenter. I didn't see her earlier in the evening to comment, as I've no interest in Clogau.

I thought Claire looked beautiful at AKs wedding,unlike another presenter who got it all wrong.

Her hair needs to be cut, coloured and styled to suit her face. Let's face it, she's not sixteen any more and I think a makeover that made her look better would help her feel better, even though it can't cure depression, which I'm sorry to hear about. The Barbie-doll look and sound has had its day and a few of them need to wise up to that. But why anyone should feel embarrassed about stating an opinion which someone else disagrees with, beats me. Yet another case of an honest poster being made to feel bad by the we-should-all-be-nice-all-the-time-bullying bandwagon. I totally agree with the OP.

thatu, agree with the comments you and shopperholic have made. I feel for anyone with troubles in their personal life, health-issues and so on, but she does grate on me, too, and I think the presenters could learn something to their advantage by reading the comments on here. The comments made are fair opinions and IMO are justified - her 'little girl act' is wearing and very boring, and it's a pity she still feels the need to put it on. And it is put on, because she can speak normally when she wants to. Just act naturally, Clare, drop the little girl act and behaviour, it's not a good look for a lady of your age. I laugh at her, not with her, and I'd guess a lot of people do likewise.

Her hair needs to be cut, coloured and styled to suit her face. Let's face it, she's not sixteen any more and I think a makeover that made her look better would help her feel better, even though it can't cure depression, which I'm sorry to hear about. The Barbie-doll look and sound has had its day and a few of them need to wise up to that. But why anyone should feel embarrassed about stating an opinion which someone else disagrees with, beats me. Yet another case of an honest poster being made to feel bad by the we-should-all-be-nice-all-the-time-bullying bandwagon. I totally agree with the OP.

I remember her pre-panda eyes, and she DID look far more attractive - a few years ago now. In fact I remember thinking at the time she took up with the 'below eye' eye liner, that she shouldn't have gone with fashion because she looked so much softer and prettier without it. She was also a bit fuller in the face which helped, AND her hair was a shorter bouncy bob, which again was youthful. Sadly, as these presenters get to a certain age (Lorraine Kelly, Vorderman OMG ) they go on a MUST LOSE WEIGHT kick in attempt to regain their 20 years old figure, but the downside is the face suffers as a result - or in Vorderman's case, her hair !!!

Just catching up with my recording of the Yc launch. I think Clare has lovely thick hair, and I have real hair envy when she is on. The colour is looking a bit yellow but that could be the studio lights or my recorder setting. What I cannot take is when she lurches into the little schoolgirl voice I'm afraid and any reference to My Mummy.

I remember when CS first started, indeed, I remember her first on air presentation, then her engagement, wedding etc. and to me she has always sounded the same. Like the others, I just can't stand all that high pitched, childrens' party noise she comes out with, it just grates on me, so I turn her down, I do wish she would tone down the voice.

But, on the plus side, I think she has a hard time of it, I have a friend with a little boy with Downs Syndrome, and whilst they can bring a lot of pleasure, they can also be very hard work, so good luck to her I say.

She had her makeup done by someone else a week or so ago - possibly Tarte.
Such an improvement!
We are all told repeatedly by the presenters to vary and our makeup and move with the times, but CS doesn't take that lesson to heart.

I think her hair is thick, good condition and potentially lovely, but I have seen the effort it requires - huge rollers before every shift, and various products. I would love to see her as a normal person, without the 70s eyemakeup and bouffant hair.

I bet she would be just as lovely, just less diva ish. Her bone structure, figure and eye shape are excellent. The paint, dye and primary-school-teacher voice all make her less attractive, not more.

And yes, flat yellow blonde isn't a good look on many people.

i dont like the child like chatter but shes no minger

And that's what we like to call 'to the point'.

I don't know a single person who likes the baby voice thing, so it constantly surprises me that she keeps doing it. It's obviously some learnt behaviour from somewhere that's worked for her in a previous life, but she really ought to stop it on television. When you're trying to convince someone to part with a sizeable chunk of money for the next pot of grease or viscose bin-bag you're flogging, then you're best off not sounding like some 8 year old who wants some more sweeties. I think the cue for her to deal with her hair was when the revolting slug that is Basso growled at her 'I love your hair, it's Texas hair'...eeeww. Quick love: cut the bugger off before he comes pawing at you...

1. Her hair needs to be cut, coloured and styled to suit her face.

2. We-should-all-be-nice-all-the-time-bullying bandwagon.

3. I totally agree with the OP.

1. No it doesn't.

2. Yes, if we can we should.

3. I disagree with the OP and you.

Just my opinion and I'M entitled to it therefore don't expect any sort of come back.

Her son must be a teenager by now, I remember him appearing on QVC when a baby and I swear it was over 12 years ago. He was her eldest child.

Yep Thomas is 14 now.

I thought Claire's hair was looking really nice on YC launch, sleeker and few different shades of highlights giving it a nicer tone of blonde!

Latest posts

Back