Christmas Gift Ideas TSV 23/07/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The chainsaw waving psychotic Santa with phosphorus bombs looks a good buy. Hopefully showcased by the woman who has gradually turned into Michael Jackson from his early 1980s metamorphosis period.

I really don't see the point in bothering yourself with buying Christmas gifts/decorations this time of year - Enjoy the summer fgs! I do like to get my shopping done before December starts and usually start looking for ideas around mid October. I'm always mindful when I'm choosing main presents that the recipient may decide to buy that particular item themselves in the interim, and of course if you do buy too early and the product turns out to be faulty on the day, it could be a hard slog to get a refund or replacement. As for silly novelties - If you really really must, then buy them on Boxing day when they're going for tuppence ha'penny, you can even "enjoy" them up until 12th night, or just bung 'em up in the attic for next year!
I'm pretty short on space so the less time I've got to have extra stuff knocking around the better, also July/August are very birthday heavy months for me, so I definitely don't want to start worrying about Christmas presents!

Last year, as there's just the two of us, Mr CC and I stuck Bry in the kennels and booked into Slaley Hall for Christmas. Not cheap but absolutely awesome, everything done for you, no cooking, entertainment laid on, meet nice people, lovely surroundings. When I added up what it cost, it actually cost less than what I usually spend on food we don't eat, presents we don't need, tat to decorate the house, drink that we stock up on and no one visits, clothes that I wont' wear etc. So I won't be buying anything from QVC or anywhere else and yes, we've re-booked for this year. For years I so wanted to be part of those fantasy Q happy families in their adverts but I saw the light.

CC

Attachments

• Luxa TSV 1.jpg
    Luxa TSV 1.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Luxa TSV 2.jpg
    Luxa TSV 2.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 59
Last year, as there's just the two of us, Mr CC and I stuck Bry in the kennels and booked into Slaley Hall for Christmas. Not cheap but absolutely awesome, everything done for you, no cooking, entertainment laid on, meet nice people, lovely surroundings. When I added up what it cost, it actually cost less than what I usually spend on food we don't eat, presents we don't need, tat to decorate the house, drink that we stock up on and no one visits, clothes that I wont' wear etc. So I won't be buying anything from QVC or anywhere else and yes, we've re-booked for this year. For years I so wanted to be part of those fantasy Q happy families in their adverts but I saw the light.

CC
That sounds perfect. I look after Fsther and promise myself Christmas at Ragdsle Hall when he is no longer here. For all the reasons you mention.

Luxa Set of 2 Projection Twinkler Lamps
Item Number: 822669
QVC Price £29.98
Todays Special Value Price £21.96
P&P £2.95
Bring a little magic to any room of your home with this set of two enchanting Twinkler lights from Luxa. Featuring a cordless, portable design, these fun projector lamps boast decorative steel shades decorated with intricately detailed cut-out designs and multi-coloured twinkling LED lights inside. They'll look great placed next to a wall or flat surface, so you can watch the lights dance playfully around the room!
*A great saving: If you were to buy this Set of 2 Projection Twinkler Lamps individually, directly from Luxa you’d pay £29.98 plus £4.95 P&P. So, for our Today’s Special Value price of just £21.96 plus £2.95 P&P, you’re saving £10.02.
Take your pick - there are four gorgeous designs on offer. Choose from seasonal Reindeer and Star options or try trans-seasonal Flower and Fantasia designs that are perfect for any occasion. The Star and Flower options are also currently only available at QVC.
Get into party mode - whether you're having a festive get together or just a night in with the family, these projector lamps are sure to delight and bring a touch of fun to your home! The 12 LEDs feature six different colours which flash independently or together. They'll look amazing in the dark and they're cordless too so you can move them around your space with ease.
One for me, one for you - you'll receive two lamps in your chosen set, making them ideal for gifting. Why not keep one for yourself and make the other a present for a loved one?
  • LEDs have three flashing speeds
  • Timer function - six hours on, 18 hours off. Repeating at same time each day
  • Battery operated - 3 x AA batteries required per lamp (included)
  • Cordless design
  • Lamp: 8.5cm x 8.5cm x 16cm (3.3" x 3.3" x 6.3")

What's in the box?
  • 2 x Twinkler projector lamps
  • 6 x AA batteries (three per lamp)

Design options:
  • Reindeer
  • Star - only at QVC
  • Flower - only at QVC
  • Fantasia

All measurements are approximate

When the Christmas in July days are on I don’t bother with Q .Time flies by quickly enough as it is. I too have given up on the idea of the perfect family Christmas. It’s all hype. It sounds perfect to get away and be looked after.
A friend of mine used to toil way for a big get together every year. Then decided it was all too much and announced it to her family . I remember one year she said her and hubby were staying home and having beans on toast and peace and quiet.!

It may be just me, but I don't want flashing scenes reminiscent of a horror movie reflected on my walls at Christmas or at any time of the year for that matter. Apologies to anyone who likes these, or thinks they're a bit of fun, but to me all I can see is yet another piece of battery operated plastic crap to clutter up the home and the cupboards. A £8 saving is pretty stingy, hardly what I'd consider to be "special value"!

8 mince pies for £25.00 pounds plus £5.95 postage,switched on switched off pure fakery about Christmas 🎅🏻
To be fair, they don't look like your ordinary run of the mill mince pies. I'd be happy to try one if I saw them for sale individually in a bakery/cafe. I would pay up to a fiver but that would have to include the coffee to go with it. If I was going to buy one to take home then I'd not want to spend over £2. Yes I know these are delivered to your home, but including postage, they work out at around £3.86 each which is insane!

Latest posts

Back