Christmas in July

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I bet they'll have some of those naff "flameless candles" at £19.99 for 3. They are basically an orange-painted LED stuck in a fake wax tart!

Thanks for this. I loved last year's set. At least the total price is not higher this year and I only ever look at the total inc P&P anyway.

I am the same - I always look at the total price.

I quite like this set too (as I bought the TSV), but I haven't quite finished all of the collection I bought in December yet so not sure if I should buy (still got two of the tumblers & 2 packs of the tea lights).

My wonderful mum (who sadly died last year) and I were massive QVC shoppers in the past - me with all the craft and some of the jewellery and her with just about anything but I can hear her words of wisdom and one of her favourite sayings "Oh dear, we know a word for tat like this don't we" She would be sat watching and enjoying every minute - with her tissues at hand to wipe away the tears of laughter!!!!

Unlike QVC presenters, I am not afforded the luxury of working a mere 3 hours a day. The last thing on my mind after a 9 hour shift, is switching on the Q, and watching Christmas in July. In fact, as is the case with an increasing number of forumites, I hardly watch QVC, unless there is a specific product I know will be on. I can't remember the last time I watched an entire show.

I am the same - I always look at the total price.

I quite like this set too (as I bought the TSV), but I haven't quite finished all of the collection I bought in December yet so not sure if I should buy (still got two of the tumblers & 2 packs of the tea lights).

I have more than that left, warwa100, and I'm still tempted. They will keep without losing their scent too noticeably, especially if you store them well wrapped. I bought some really nice candles half price in Sainsbury's earlier this month - the Price's set is still better value. We should be seeing a demo soon - maybe this hour?

Go rush to the phones to buy these. Everybody should have them, in fact you really can`t manage without them !
FGS who does the buying at Q because whoever it is really doesn`t live in the real World.
http://www.qvcuk.com/ICE-London-Swa...ct.505194.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_--_-505194

Excellent, thanks for highlighting this! Perfect Christmas gift (and the perfect price point at £72 inc P&P) for the lollypop lady at the school, so she can check for cars coming!

I don't really like to mock these "niche" items on QVC as we all have different tastes. I made a small exception here, sorry.

I just made the mistake of turning on and Craig seems to have reverted to infancy. He is playing with the reindeer Dangle Legs thingy, 701967 I think it is, and singing Rudolph and doing his ventriloquist bit. Thank God the C games are about to start again and with luck there will be some swimming to make me feel a bit cooler! The Dyson fan is blasting away but I am roasting after a busy morning.

I just made the mistake of turning on and Craig seems to have reverted to infancy. He is playing with the reindeer Dangle Legs thingy, 701967 I think it is, and singing Rudolph and doing his ventriloquist bit. Thank God the C games are about to start again and with luck there will be some swimming to make me feel a bit cooler! The Dyson fan is blasting away but I am roasting after a busy morning.

I know actually what you mean! I have Q on but muted - craig really annoys me with his childlike personality and constant (bad) singing and dancing...
C games opening last night left me scared to put it back on, for fear of John Barrowman singing again in the very garish jacket - at least now I know why the teacakes never stay inside the box though - they're too busy dancing around my kitchen haha - sorry if I offended anyone Scottish - i just really don't like JB - when he's on Q i watch gems haha

Well one thing I will say for JB, and I only lasted to 9.15 when I switched to ITV3+1 for an ancient Lewis, at least he is a musical theatre man so knows how to belt out a song. I cannot stand it when a well-known singer is roped in for a big occasion and is completely out of tune, and yes I do mean you, Cheryl whoever you are now. I'll never forget that duet with Gary Barlow for HMQ's concert. Torture!

Did Lulu come on later to sing that ****** song Shout! I HATE THAT!!!!!!

Looking at the TV Guide, looks like this will be happening next Thursday & Friday.

Very excited, 2 whole days full of overpriced $hite. (So just like any other day on Q really)!

I'm willing to place a bet that we'll have the pleasure of Ann(e) Dorrington & Gill Gauntlet all day, with Gill telling us every 17 seconds that Christmas is her favourite time of the year.

This is what we'll get (probably).

Set of 3 Xmas Keyrings.

Boing Boing Cuddly Toys.

Set of 6 Battery Lights in the shape of Snowmen etc that (are supposed to) stick to windows and mirrors.

Various Wreaths & Garlands

A selection of Xmas decorations of dubious quality

The woman standing on a block of ice with an invisible dog. She finds this very amusing every time, obviously forgetting we've all seen it before.

Packs of Gift Bags, Cards, Tags & Wrapping Paper that seem like a bargain at the time, but when you open them up you realise that they are so thin that you can see through them. (I speak from experience here).

Honestly, I can't wait. (for us to start slagging it off on here). Booking the two days off work now.

Why even bring it up? Seriously.I find it cynical and offensive in the extreme...to be even talking about the C word in July.Might as well wish your life away.

Well we all know some people buy christmas things throughout the year but is there enough to keep qvc happy, and most people do it to get stuff really cheap don't think that applies to qvc ,whole thing is daft to me but ho ho ho it's christmas can't believe the presenters enjoy looking silly though.

Latest posts

Back