Cooks Essentials TSV 11/04/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

For comparison, with reviews. The prepology 6 pack towels previously sold, which I bought:

http://www.qvcuk.com/qvc.product.800569.html?cookie=set

They are that scratchy, funny feeling microfibre but are very, very absorbent. The colours bled a lot though, when washing. I had the purple as that was the only colour in clearance. Perhaps the lighter colours will be better. I have just checked mine and the sizes are not as small as I recalled - 60cm x 42cm - it's just that I don't use them a lot 'cos I don't like the scratchy feel of them and I have to wait until I have a few to wash together in one wash so they tend to sit in my drawer :(

Aldi currently have a 3 set of microfibre towels, roughly equiv to the large towel size in the TSV for £2.99. I bought some of these last time they were on a weekly offer and they are good and absorbent for drying but not as thick as the prepology cloths. They feel a lot smoother and silkier.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_30008.htm?WT.mc_id=2013-04-08-13-41

Anyone going for these? Are they good value?

Presenters keep going on about how much better (and greener) microfibre cloths are compared to paper towels which (horror of horrors) end up in landfill. Sounds like landfill's the best place for the TSV! LOL!:sleepy:

My paper towels don't end up in land fill, they end up in my green recycling bin!

I had a great 3-pk of almost tea-towel sized cloths from Poundland. Great size, soft, very absorbent. I also had a 4-pack of smaller cloths, all different textures and all great for different jobs there. I would definitely have a wander around there first, and don't forget the car section as they have larger cloths there, too.

Haven't heard a presenter give us the dimensions of each towel, and it is not on the website. Is this because they are quite small? I remember buying a pack of 20 microfibre cloths from asda at a reduced price of - £1! They are brilliantly effective. I also bought a m/f glove for Less than £1 so, comparitively, the tsv isn't that good a value, especially once you add the postage.

Iv bought them for cleaning purposes. I don't like to dry my hands on microfiber. just cannot get used to it and no matter how they demonstrate, I find it not as absorbable.

Tristar, sorry but i had to laugh at the fact that ur fussy bout the cloth u dry yer handsin:mysmilie_517:
Me, i wouldnt know the difference tween silk n sh$#te. Ijust rub mine down the front of whatever im wearing and hope i dont get no callers. :mysmilie_5:

Tristar, sorry but i had to laugh at the fact that ur fussy bout the cloth u dry yer handsin:mysmilie_517:
Me, i wouldnt know the difference tween silk n sh$#te. Ijust rub mine down the front of whatever im wearing and hope i dont get no callers. :mysmilie_5:

Iv bought them for cleaning purposes. I don't like to dry my hands on microfiber. just cannot get used to it and no matter how they demonstrate, I find it not as absorbable.

I'm like you Tristar.....hate microfibre towels for hand/body drying.....still feel wet after using them!

Latest posts

Back