Crapmess in July

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I won't be watching .Its difficult to get in the mood when you are covered in gnat bites. I went to a cousins birthday do on Saturday and got bitten to pieces. I could do with some decent insect repellent at this time of year not thoughts of Christmas.

I watched a bit of Hochandas 12 days of Christmas and it was much nicer ,more low key lots of demonstrations, and although I'm not a crafter I can see why people buy in advance when they are going to make things themselves.

Q will be flogging off last years tat probably.

Personally, christmas starts beginning of December and ends new years day.

Anything outside that period including so called christmas music should be beaten with a large stick.

The start of Christmas is when ever you want it to be, if you've always shopped early (not QVC) then you always will, if you always leave it till last minute, then I really don't think a QVC "specially titled" day full of tat will convince you otherwise.

I would probably turn a kinder eye to QVC's early Christmas efforts if it wasn't all tat and clearance/last clicks items dressed up as event prices. It's all so disingenuous and all the festive cheer blatantly faked. Horrible!

If you love Christmas, it's killing the magic... and if you dislike Christmas it's must-miss telly. No danger of me watching QVC at all today... or the following 25th of August, September or October... then the full horror of their big Christmas push begins in deadly earnest. The best way to avoid all the hype is simply not to watch and just check out the one bit that does appear to work (most of the time) on the website and watch back the progs you are interested in. Thank goodness for this forum as anything worthwhile will no doubt be highlighted on here :mysmilie_59:

I do shop early, end of October through November and December (not QVC) because I like to leave nothing to last minute disappointed, not because of pressure from shops, it's just that when you work, starting in December with only twenty one days to shop and one pay-packet, well two including husbands, just really isn't enough time or money for me.

We have a small market where I live and there`s a toy stall which has a kind of a wooden playpen thing in front of it and they have battery operated toys doing their thing in it day in, day out. There`s flashing cars, yapping dogs, miaowing cats, climbing clowns, twisting trucks and hopping frogs to name but a few and everything they sell is less than a fiver. It reminds me so much of the stuff Q sells but the interesting bit is hardly any kids actually bother to look at them, let alone want to buy them. QVC are so behind the times in everything.

Attachments

• price..jpg
    price..jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 163
i am sunabathing, watering my hanging baskets at least 3 time a day and enjoying the long daylight hours. the last thing i am thinking of is christmas

What a load of 'cheap' garish hard plastic tat that would keep children interested for all of 10 minutes. Did I say cheap ? I cannot believe £25 + p&p for a few feet of plastic track with a couple of cars. Then the accessories packs another £17. Unbelieveable for something you could find in Wilkos or B&M for a fraction of the price.

I was expecting it to twirl any minute. Did Dr Who have twirling trees or something like that.

After saying I wouldn't watch I did channel hop and came across this live. I thought Q lost the plot with this ,ugly and tatty.if it did twirl I could see the point,a bit of novelty, but they are serious about it being a wonderful tree.

Every time I had a look see my unwatchable presenter ( CR) was on. From the little I saw my money was never in danger. Same old every year.:dull:

Here we go again Christmas in July, Aug & in earnest from September onwards.Just using what could be a lovely relaxing time & turning it into a shopping spend, spend spend frenzy.I can understand those who have extended families spreading the buying & cost over several months. I can't talk my flight & hotel (the usual one) are booked departure 12/12.I send money in lieu of cards & prezzies to charity & with my Holiday included out of the country it is a still a lot less than most people will spend & no hassle.

What a load of 'cheap' garish hard plastic tat that would keep children interested for all of 10 minutes. Did I say cheap ? I cannot believe £25 + p&p for a few feet of plastic track with a couple of cars. Then the accessories packs another £17. Unbelieveable for something you could find in Wilkos or B&M for a fraction of the price.

Or Asda or Factory Shop, teehee :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back