Daniel Green has left

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Totally agree Watersiren, as Stephen Ireland proved you can’t dispute the ‘family card’.

I reckon Daniel came, saw could have conquered, but decided it wasn’t for him and moved on.:14: I can’t say I blame him, he never seemed ‘at home’ on QVC, and sometimes it’s better to count your losses and move on.:1:

He will do better in America, than on QVCUK, although I bet the bigwigs at QVC Towers aren’t pleased.:D

She did the same to Simon Biaggi when he started out. He called her "Jules" on air and she got all huffy and told him that only people who'd been on the channel a long time could call her that! Next time round he called her Miss. Roberts in a very pointed fashion and doffed an imaginary cap. I think Alison calling her "HRH" is very appropriate! :D It's also odd how model Jo was ousted after calling her "Not bad for an old bird" on air.

Did she Really!!?? :SUE: Good for Jo, I really liked her because she didn't simper and gurn like a halfwit and wasn't intimidated by any of the presenters. :pPC:

i am actually surprised at how many lovely people on the forum have unequivocally accepted D's reason for leaving..<o:p></o:p>

Firstly, of course, it is non of our business what goes on in a person's family/professional life, their terms of employment etc. So I have to say I did feel a bit uneasy commenting upon it in the first place. Secondly I think (on the grounds of absolutely no evidence to the contrary - despite what some conspiracy theories would like to find LOL) we have to take Daniel's statement at face value. While things are not always as they seem, sometimes they just are!

I think I'll leave this (in reality somewhat academic) debate alone and just wish Daniel and his family all the best for the future.

Totally agree Watersiren, as Stephen Ireland proved you can’t dispute the ‘family card’.

I reckon Daniel came, saw could have conquered, but decided it wasn’t for him and moved on.:14: I can’t say I blame him, he never seemed ‘at home’ on QVC, and sometimes it’s better to count your losses and move on.:1:

He will do better in America, than on QVCUK, although I bet the bigwigs at QVC Towers aren’t pleased.:D

if QVCUK were in control of this "in-and-out" affair, one would expect them to come up with a plan and announced it to the viewers. this 'quiet' statement citing family reasons is in PR terms more of a damage limitation exercise.

QVC rearely aknowledge presenters leaving.
I thought it possible was a sales driven thing only because Rob Locke, stated he was one of QVC high sellers, in his time.

I was just getting used to him and he was a lot more watchable than some like Jill Franks.

Im on the pro Daniel side and im sorry to see him go. He wasnt perfect but then which of them is and as far as the blokes go on QVC, he was much easier on the eye than most!

Jill, Craig, Ali K and Claudia can all go along with him as far as im concerned!

Orange.
Greasy.
Smarmy.
Incompetent.

Awful presenter and I'm glad to see the back of him. Our gain is America's loss. He made me feel ill watching him. Hence why I used to switch off. Thank god he's gone.

I'm delighted to hear that he has gone but shocked to read how many positive "oh daniel I'll miss you" posts there are.

The guy was one big slime ball and always made me turn off. Good luck to him wherever he goes, I think he'll need it.

bullies on qvc forum.

if i read that people thought i was a slime ball i would not like it and maybe would leave qvc to.
its a sad day when people think its appropiate to use such strong language to describe someone ...just cos they can....!
is it called being a bully?

if i read that people thought i was a slime ball i would not like it and maybe would leave qvc to.
its a sad day when people think its appropiate to use such strong language to describe someone ...just cos they can....!

thanks for this boffy :35: i wonder what adjectives we would use to describe them if we met them. just a thought :33:

I so agree with you boffy

Actually it's not bullying. OED defintion of bully: "A person coercing others by fear - persecute or oppress by force or threats."

It's voicing an opinion. No one is forcing or threatening anyone. I doubt very much that he read this forum. I also doubt that anyone at QVC cares what some people on a shopping tv forum think.

He was greasy - you only had to look at the shine from his face. Therefore the description of him being a slime ball appears to be valid.

Anyone appearing on tv opens themselves up for comments. If we all liked the same people it would make for very boring tv.

I wouldn't worry about him reading this - if he's moving back to America, he's probably far too busy.

Or far too busy applying yet more product to his hair.

This is starting to turn into another of those insult-sodden threads, isn't it? People in general are far too quick to cross over from observation and constructive criticism into out and out unwarranted insults IMHO Anyway, I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking the usefulness of this thread is beginning to wane.

I don't often post on this Forum (avid reader though) as comments are frequently too nasty, masked and made anonymous by the wonder that is the internet.

However, I do think that Daniel Green was "pushed" rather than resigned of his own accord. I base this on no evidence at all, apart from the fact that he often mentioned on air bringing his family over and how much he was looking forward to them joining him in the UK. It now seems odd that he needs to go back to them in the US - err hang on, I thought the plan was that they were coming over?

To be fair, although I would never be able to do the presenters' job, I liked his presentation style the least of all of them. I simply found that he came across as insincere and one-dimensional and I guess that the management may have thought that too. I should imagine that his Britishness (is that a word?) would do down well on selly telly in the States, though.

Anyway, that's my twopenneth-worth.

I wasn't going to add to this thread but I just wanted to say that just because someone puts a lot of product in their hair and has a bit of a shine on their face doesn't make them a slime ball. As far as I could tell from the few times I saw him on air he came across as a respectable family man and not a slime ball at all. His presenting may have been a wee bit cheesey but thats probably what they go for in the states.

I find him slimey. I have turned off QVC on many occasions because of this.

Its my opinion of him and it is definitely not a bullying statement. It is no worse than journalistic opinion. It is not racist, homophobic or against his gender or age. If anything, your response to my opinion is bullying. If I was using it to his face and to intimidate, shame or undermine him personally then that is an insult. You need to check up the true definition of bullying before you throw libellous accusations around.

Last edited:
I find him slimey. I have turned off QVC on many occasions because of this.

Its my opinion of him and it is definitely not a bullying statement. It is no worse than journalistic opinion. It is not racist, homophobic or against his gender or age. If anything, your response to my opinion is bullying. If I was using it to his face and to intimidate, shame or undermine him personally then that is an insult. You need to check up the true definition of bullying before you throw libellous accusations around.

I was brought up that if you can't say something nice about someone you shouldn't say anything at all !

And if people are continually going to critize then I think this thread should be closed. I'd hate if the poor man ever did read this ! Even if you don't like him you could at least be respectful.

There seem to be some double standards on this forum.

It is okay for Boffy to comment that Lulu looks like 'Orville' in another thread, and others make worse comments in other threads, yet I am called a "bully"

I am deeply hurt and offended by the accusation that I am a bully and refute any such allegation. I understood this to be a friendly forum where you could make off the cuff remarks without other posters coming back with accusatorial abuse, however it appears that I was wrong.

Latest posts

Back