Davina McCall MBE

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I actually don't mind Davina. She does seem dedicated to her fitness and I've got a couple of her dvds and they're pretty good. I've lost count of how many celebs have lost a bit of weight and have jumped on that bandwagon, then once the weight has gone back on/or they've lost interest then their name is no longer associated with the health and fitness sector. As for the menopause, I know she thinks she invented the damn thing but I guess she's playing a part in trying to remove the stigma and the whispering of yesteryear - using it to sell stuff though is a different matter. Ok, she's putting her name out there, but she'll reach a wider audience than the average woman on the street (That sounds wrong lol!) Liked her in Long lost family as she showed a different side to her usual shouty self. Like I said, I don't mind Davina, she's not pumped full of botox, only seems to put her name to projects that she's passionate about. Shame you can't say the same about Carol Vorderman and Amanda Holden - pumped up to within an inch of their lives and receive more media attention for the clothes they wear and their appearance than they do for anything constructive they've ever done.

She is doing documentaries about the old style pill and the damage it has done to women. I noticed her on Celeb Google Box last night with her new boyfriend Bobby, who is also her hairdresser.
Her boyfriend is Michael Douglas who is a hairdresser, not a new relationship, been about four years.

Years ago, people used to get awards like this because they had done something useful or groundbreaking in the community and over many years of public service. Nowadays, that doesn’t seem to apply anymore, but then again, nowadays, nothing much seems to apply anymore.

Arise Sir Lee Hohbein - Services to Broadcasting, Technology Ten Second Walk & Talk Throughs and Showing Us His Cat

Years ago, people used to get awards like this because they had done something useful or groundbreaking in the community and over many years of public service. Nowadays, that doesn’t seem to apply anymore, but then again, nowadays, nothing much seems to apply anymore.
I was just saying the same to my other half, I really don't see why someone should be awarded for being an author or actor no matter how good they are, I appreciate a lot of people have done great things but some haven't imo, I think the whole idea should be done away with, but thats my opinion!

It’s a similar situation, in a sense, with people invited onto high-profile chat shows these days. In the days of chat shows like Parkinson and Russell Harty, people appeared, usually without anything to promote, and gave, in some cases, some heartfelt and intriguing interviews. These people, some of them great actors with long-standing careers, opened themselves up to give the most enlightening talks about their lives, with no payback of we can only talk about my latest DVD, or my latest book, like the people who appear on chat shows today usually do. For me, yet another example of the decline in quality of life in general, and the rise of the selfish, whats in it for me nature of today’s modern world.

Services to the menopause and fitness.
You couldn’t make it up!
Broken Britain 🇬🇧
I absolutely agree with you, based on these awards and honous, I definately qualify for something, seriously you couldn’t make it up. I don’t care whether I like someone or not ,even if it was someone I liked, to get an Honour you have to do something special and not for your own glory which is what Davina McCall is about to name just one.

Latest posts

Back