Decleor TSV 23/1/11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I noticed how red Tania's cheeks were last night after using the cleanser and muslin cloth. Her chin seemed to have a break out too. Not sure if that's connected, just thought it unusual for Tania as her skin always looks so radiant imo.

I'm glad you raised this TF, I watched the 10 o'clock hour last night and thought the same. Tanya's skin is usually beautiful - not a mark or blemish on it, but during the day yesterday it was getting increasingly red, the chin particularly. By the last hour her cheeks had some little red spots starting too. I mean I know that if you're slapping products on it all day it's bound to have some effect but her skin was really red and shiny by the end, not a good advert, and I actually quite rate Decleor - but that put me right off.

During one of the shows I heard them say Tania is suffering from sensitivity, got the impression it wasn't due to products but possibly health/medication issues.

I must say I find it surprising that the same model is often used throughout the day in skincare demonstrations. I would be surprised if the person's skin didn't react in some way to that constant attention. I used to think my own skin was reddening and becoming sore in sympathy with someone being endlessly cleansed, toned, moisturised, exfoliated, masked, cleansed, exfoliated, toned, masked, toned, moisturised, and all manner of other sequences of the same events.

Last edited:
Funny, I thought Tanya's skin improved during the day. At the launch she had a very obvious crop of angry blemishes on her chin and by her nose but in the early evening show I thought the redness was much reduced.

In any case, my resolve finally crumbled and I bought the TSV. I usually get great results with Decleor and so some ineffective Gatineau I bought will go back to cover the cost.

I have heard people say that they use the LE shampoo as a body wash, but not a face wash. What's it like - is it quite foamy (if that's a word !) ? Does it remove you make up ? Do you remove it with a muslin cloth ?

What I do is use a tiny bit, mix it with water to get a foam and slap it on. Then massage (well in my speak, rub) it in a bit and remove with muslin cloth. I don't wear make-up for various reasons so can't help you with that one but I reckon it will. It's very 'smoothing' (made up word but you'll see what I mean if you try it) in texture and my skin is smooth to the touch afterwards. Give it a bash - nothing to lose!! My skin is very, very sensitive by the way.

Let us know how you get on.

I tried the cleanser when it first came out to see how it compared to C&P as my skin was starting to break out a bit on that. One half-pump of this and my skin went berserk - very red and itchy, especially on the cheeks and chin. Sent it back, left a 1* review which was rejected 4 times even when I edited it to only say it didn't suit my skin!! CS were going to put it on manually but never did.......thought I was the only one who didn't get on with it but perhaps not. Mind you, my skin is nowhere near as good as Tania's.

I went back to C&P and then used Liz Earle's shampoo as face and body wash and it's brilliant!!!! Not to mention cheaper....wouldn't use anything else now!!!

I have heard people say that they use the LE shampoo as a body wash, but not a face wash. What's it like - is it quite foamy (if that's a word !) ? Does it remove you make up ? Do you remove it with a muslin cloth ?

What I do is use a tiny bit, mix it with water to get a foam and slap it on. Then massage (well in my speak, rub) it in a bit and remove with muslin cloth. I don't wear make-up for various reasons so can't help you with that one but I reckon it will. It's very 'smoothing' (made up word but you'll see what I mean if you try it) in texture and my skin is smooth to the touch afterwards. Give it a bash - nothing to lose!! My skin is very, very sensitive by the way.

Let us know how you get on.

Oh my goodness, I couldn't even contemplate using the body wash on my face, had a horrendous allergic reaction to the body wash on my body!!!

Sazza - was it the body wash that gave you the reaction on your body or the shampoo??? I find the energising body wash sets my skin off but the orange flower doesn't. The shampoo does have orange and apple scent in - are you allergic to either of them??

I can't use anything like Simple soap etc, Nivea or even aqueous cream which is just horrendous for me.

Last edited:
Sazza - was it the body wash that gave you the reaction on your body or the shampoo??? I find the energising body wash sets my skin off but the orange flower doesn't. The shampoo does have orange and apple scent in - are you allergic to either of them??

I can't use anything like Simple soap etc, Nivea or even aqueous cream which is just horrendous for me.

It was the orange flower body wash.

I watched a bit of the last show to see if Tania's skin looking bad and did notice she seemed to have problems on her chin but a big red blotchy patch on one of her cheeks. Fiona applied the cleanser then sat back down while Tania was wiping it off out of shot and I noticed Fiona giving a few concerned glances in her direction which made me wonder what was going on; perhaps it was looking really bad and make-up had rushed over with some cover-up.

It's mad to have the same model all day! It can't be good having it applied and taken off all day long.

My TSV arrived a little while ago, just shows QVC can be deliver quickly when they try!!! :happy:

If anyone wants to get rid of the prolagene, I would be interested in buying it to try it. I thought I was being good in giving the TSV a miss :angel: but am now thinking I should have bought it.......ah, well.

Please pm me if anyone has a prolagene lake.

Thanks !!

Mine arrived yesterday and I'm pleased and looking forward to trying the cleanser. The little make-up bag with the set is brilliant; don't know why they didn't plug it more as it's a lovely little thing and very well made.

Mine arrived yesterday and I'm pleased and looking forward to trying the cleanser. The little make-up bag with the set is brilliant; don't know why they didn't plug it more as it's a lovely little thing and very well made.

Decleor bags are so well made, I have quite a number that I have collected over the years, some from TSVs and some from sets on counter.

Mine's just been delivered and as I ordered late on Sunday, not bad QVC !

I like the facial exercises suggested in the booklet. On the Essential Spa beauty forum they seem to rave about various facial exercise programs so I think I'll try these out. There's only 3 but still, guess it's a start.

Anyone else going to give them a try ?

Latest posts

Back