Decleor

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

saffie

Registered Shopper
Just watching Decleor and am maybe going to order the gradual glow tanning milk, whilst I do realise this is a moisturiser with a gradual tanning element, the D/lady was saying put it on everyday to see a gradual tan, what I'm wondering though how can it build up when you shower everyday.

Basically, like all these watered down self-tans, you get a lesser amount of the DHA chemical that reacts with the amino acids in your skin to produce a more subtle effect. Add a little more the next day and your skin is getting more DHA and so the tan gets gradually stronger. You can get the same effect much cheaper by mixing a standard high street self tan with practically any body lotion.

For all the baloney about the special tanning products sold on QVC they all work the same way. Most of them are quite good at hiding the smell initially but they nearly all begin to reveal that biscuity odour after a few hours (regardless of what the product pushers claim).

I can't stand the smell you get from self tan, even if it doesn't smell at the first half hour or so, it certainly gains momentum an hour or so later, worse if you're hot. I have the Decleor one, as part of another set I ordered, so I thought it was worth a try. Wrong for me, it smells and I hate it for that reason. I like the colour, I have no complaints about that which is a pity as I'm a fan of the range, but just not the self tan.

I tried it last year and it gave me virtually NO colour at all. I resolved only to buy cheap ones from the DHS after that!

I tried it last year and it gave me virtually NO colour at all. I resolved only to buy cheap ones from the DHS after that!

Same here. I like the gradual tanners, find they streak less, you can build to just the shade you want & for pallid skins like mine they look more natural. But the Decleor gave hardly any colour at all so I stick to ones I can buy in Boots, much cheaper too.

I can't stand the smell you get from self tan, even if it doesn't smell at the first half hour or so, it certainly gains momentum an hour or so later, worse if you're hot. I have the Decleor one, as part of another set I ordered, so I thought it was worth a try. Wrong for me, it smells and I hate it for that reason. I like the colour, I have no complaints about that which is a pity as I'm a fan of the range, but just not the self tan.

Yes - you get all the pitch about it not having the biscuity smell, and then wham! there it is... I persevere, but it does mean I often don't bother to top up. I suppose the only way to not have the smell is with a product that doesn't contain DHA. I'm sure there must be some, but I've not found any to try. It's a shame, because initially it smells like system corps, which has a lovely scent.

I use a blob of Xen-Tan with my own moisturiser (nice smelling one!) and don't get a biscuity smell - have tried all cheap and expensive and my little concoction works the best ...for me anyway!!

I use the Decleor one and as I have pure white legs it does give me a colour and it does build up. I can't use too much of it though as I think it goes a bit orangey, although everyone else says it looks real so maybe it's just me. Avon's skin so soft gradual glow is a good alternative but again, too much use and I think it goes a bit unnatural.

CC

I like the Decleor self-tan, but the pumps on the bottles are maddening. I've yet to have one that works. Instead the feeder tube for the pump becomes an application wand as I "paint" myself with the stuff!

I also like the L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Airbrush Effect Dry Mist (there is a body and a face version), and find it gives me a good colour which lasts well.
I also fancy trying the Melvita Prosun - which doesn't have any DHA in it - to see if this eliminates the biscuity smell, but I've got plenty of my other stuff to get through first...

Latest posts

Back