Deliveries and Collections - the nos have it, me thinks.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Usually, when people are negative about lengthy waits for delivery, I can only state my positive experiences. I ordered the acer tsv recently, knowing before it arrived, it was going back - didn't even open the box when it did land - as they were extremely selective with the info provided on air. Anyway, when I rang to inform CS, they advised me, effectively, that they would arrange a collection from my address - nothing else. Parcel hadn't been opened, so was still intact waiting to be picked up, no courier. then on Saturday, I received a letter from exertis micro p claiming they had tried to contact me many times - not once did they do this - and could I call to arrange collection. I rang QVC who reiterated what the letter said, which I refuted, and obviously I couldn't get in tough until this morning. No apology or anything, just first pick up day Wednesday. I got it on EP, and I can bet a pound to a penny, QVC will take my second payment.
Mum ordered some Artscapes tops and, whilst the delivery is still within time limit, my account online said on the day it had been dispatched, I thought they may have come Saturday or, at latest, today. No chance. Why? Guess who is delivering them? Royal Mail. Those two words are the kiss of death to any business, imo. Thank God I didn't invest when it was floated.
But, ultimately, it all affects the QVC reputation and people's opinions of it's level of service. My couriers are great, the only problem is they don't provide a phone number in case I'm out. But they are very regular, so usually it doesn't matter.
The Q want to kick RM to the kerb, and stick with couriers.

This tale goes to show that it's all down to personal experience. I have had nothing but good experiences of the Royal Mail, and generally poor experiences of couriers. Round our parts, the Royal Mail is quick, efficient, reliable and friendly whereas couriers generally don't turn up on the day they're booked because 'they can't find the house' or 'it's a Tuesday' or 'I was washing my hair'.

You could have refused delivery of the Acer, I did this once with a tablet as they didn't describe it properly on air. It still took some time to show back in my account but did eventually. I ordered an Artscape top and it was showing as dispatched last Friday, I'm still waiting for it to be delivered.

Craftalot, I have exactly the same experience. I much prefer it by RM. I think we need to be fair to RM and acknowledge that most of the delays are firmly at Q's door. RM can't deliver what has not yet been processed or left the warehouse. Lord alone knows what 14th rate of service Q have contracted for. Amazon and others who use RM don't have poor delivery issues which leads me to conclude that the odd man out is Q.

You could have refused delivery of the Acer, I did this once with a tablet as they didn't describe it properly on air. It still took some time to show back in my account but did eventually. I ordered an Artscape top and it was showing as dispatched last Friday, I'm still waiting for it to be delivered.

That never occurred to me. Would have been easier.

Part of the problem with delivery is items are shipped via tnt and then on to royal mail, but as rm deliver they get the blame. I have had one incident where it took a month before it eventually arrived.

I find DPD are the best delivery service in my area they give you a delivery time and I have never been let down by them.

It seems to be that the efficiency or otherwise of the various delivery services depends quite a lot on where you live which is probably why some get a good courier service from some subcontractors and others do not. Pity the p and p charges do not reflect this.

Can't say I've had any issues with RM at all, service is very good.

Was booked in for collection for today, by Exertis Micro P. Stayed in all day, as it was my day off. Received a sms at 16.47 saying parcel will be collected between 12.07 - 13.07, assuming this means tomorrow. Contacted them, girl was very helpful, but said she would contact me tomorrow to let me know what was happening. A wasted day, then, and I'm working tomorrow, so God knows when they will get it back. And when I will get my refund.

Latest posts

Back