Delivery Rant

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

amn

Registered Shopper
Ok so I ordered the Peony TSV last week when it was on. Thought I'd give it a go and see how it compared to the ones I've had from Bloom as I thought the price was quite reasonable.

So first of all the whole of last week came and went with no sign of the delivery. Points deducted already as far as I'm concerned. Yesterday I was out for most of the day as I had to attend a hospital appointment. When I got home there was a delivery card from a company called YODEL (never heard of them before - my deliveries are usually made by the Hermes lady) saying they had tried to deliver but as I was out they had returned the package to their depot and I would have to collect it from there. No option to arrange re-delivery or anything, just tough, you'll have to get it from the depot, which it turns out when I've looked up the address is about ten miles away from where I live. The depot is open from 8-6, Monday to Friday, or Saturday mornings. Oh, and I have to wait two working days from the date of attempted delivery before I can collect it.

Now I've got a car so could drive to get it, and I don't work full time so could go during the hours they are open, but frankly I don't see why I should travel ten miles to collect an item I've not only paid for delivery of, but that I've already waited a week for. And of course, not everyone does have their own transport to travel ten miles to pick a parcel up, and if I did work full time it'd be even more ****** awkward.

QVC bang on about their delivery service being excellent and convenient etc etc, yawn yawn. Certainly not so as far as this goes. I'm tempted to email CS and tell them their delivery stinks and to shove their fake flaaaaars where the sun don't shine. What d'you think?

Last edited:
yes, do that! Some years ago it seemed that Express Diary did a lot of deliveries round here..using the term loosely that is, as our milkie used to arrive around 3 in the morning and just leave a card thru the door saying he'd tried to deliver a parcel, and we could collect it from the depot. I rang CS and told them in the strongest of terms that I wouldn't be ordering much if it meant having to drive miles to go and collect it. Most apologetic of course. They must have had lots of similar complaints as things changed for the better.

That just stinks!
How can they call that a delivery service? Especially for what they charge. Why should you have to pay petrol to go & collect it? If you did decide to go & collect I'd be very tempted to send CS a bill for the petrol cost.

I would definitely ring CS and tell them that you have paid for delivery and have no intention of traveling ten miles to collect.(they don't know you have a car and if they did it is so out of order to expect you to).
Delivery means exactly that, it should be delivered to you. If they say they can do nothing cancel and demand your full payment plus postage. You go girl!!! Let us know what happens.:call:

I would definitely ring CS and tell them that you have paid for delivery and have no intention of traveling ten miles to collect.(they don't know you have a car and if they did it is so out of order to expect you to).
Delivery means exactly that, it should be delivered to you. If they say they can do nothing cancel and demand your full payment plus postage. You go girl!!! Let us know what happens.:call:

If you don't collect it won't it go back to QVC and you'll get your p and p automatically refunded because it was never delivered?. In my car, picking it up would cost £4 in petrol for a 20 miles drive, too much.

I'm surprised you didn't get a re-delivery option so perhaps they're paid for one delivery attempt only.

When I ordered Peony they took longer than usual. This is because they come direct from Peony, not the QVC warehouse on Merseyside. I noticed Charlie corrected himself when demonstrating the TSV, he said the usual "withing 3-5 working days" and then said "5-7 working days for this one".

Thanks lovelies. At least now I know it's not just me and I'm not over-reacting!
Just rang CS: she said they should have made three attempts to deliver before returning it and suggested I contact them. I told her I had no intention of going to pick it up OR contacting them and I wanted to cancel the order AND the subsequent auto deliveries. She said she would sort it out and let the courier company know that they were out of order. No grovelling apology or offer of a free delivery or anything though.
Bit narked as I wouldn't have minded the flaaars - especially the red roses christmas one - still have saved myself a total of about a hundred squids over all the auto delivs so tut tutty tut tut QVC.
PS - having just checked the bank the money hasn't gone out yet so wondering if they only deduct the money when they have had a signature on delivery, so maybe you're right Apple. If they do try and take the money out of my account for it now I'll bliddy have 'em.

Last edited:
I have still not received mine and it is a week today i ordered, when i click on my order it has value of £0.00:wonder: I emailed Q to ask what is going on and they said order will be sent direct from Peony. I am not holding out much hope of receiving this, why would £0.00 be showing ?
I think HDN are now Yodel.
AMN I also wanted the christmas roses, have heard before you can return any 'Drop' of Auto delivery and still get the subsequent drops if you want them without having to cancel the auto delivery.

Last edited:
Payment was also strange on my Peony order. When it was confirmed by QVC, the commitment was offset against my available balance but three days later it was reinstated. Then once they'd delivered them, it was showing as a commitment again, and ultimately a debit, trhee days later.

Payment was also strange on my Peony order. When it was confirmed by QVC, the commitment was offset against my available balance but three days later it was reinstated. Then once they'd delivered them, it was showing as a commitment again, and ultimately a debit, trhee days later.

Did you get the TSV, if so what do you think?

No, I ordered two sweat pea arrangements when they were a OTO with free P&P. They were okay but nowhere near as real looking as the presenter makes out. That said, people do admire them, they just don't go up to smell them the way the sales girl suggests they do.

I have still not received mine and it is a week today i ordered

I ordered the small peony arrangement and it's showing as despatched today. I also weakened and ordered the Judith Williams TSV late last night and that's also showing as sent today. It will be interesting to see if they arrive together.

However, on my account the price for the Peony item is correct and not £0.00. Also the courier who usually delivers any goods I order comes in her car and, if I'm out, she leaves a card through the door and tells me where she's left the parcel. (I have a secure place where they can be left.) Similarly, if the postman delivers a QVC parcel he also leaves a card and puts it in the same place.

The only time I've had a card telling me to go to the depot to collect a parcel hasn't been with shopping channel deliveries and on 3 out of the 4 occasions I've rung them and they've re-delivered at a time when I've told them I'll be in.

As others have said, customers do not pay delivery charges so they can go and fetch the goods themselves! So amn, you are certainly not over-reacting!

Last edited:
I ordered the small peony arrangement and it's showing as despatched today. I also weakened and ordered the Judith Williams TSV late last night and that's also showing as sent today. It will be interesting to see if they arrive together.

However, on my account the price for the Peony item is correct and not £0.00. Also the courier who usually delivers any goods I order comes in her car and, if I'm out, she leaves a card through the door and tells me where she's left the parcel. (I have a secure place where they can be left.) Similarly, if the postman delivers a QVC parcel he also leaves a card and puts it in the same place.

The only time I've had a card telling me to go to the depot to collect a parcel hasn't been with shopping channel deliveries and on 3 out of the 4 occasions I've rung them and they've re-delivered at a time when I've told them I'll be in.

As others have said, customers do not pay delivery charges so they can go and fetch the goods themselves! So amn, you are certainly not over-reacting!

Mine too usually. Pam the Parcel we call her! Only time prior to this that I've ever had anyone other than her or the postie deliver was when I ordered a £350 Bose sound dock and it came by special courier, which I believe is what they do with items over a certain value. The Yodel thing must be because the delivery is being organised by Peony themselves. They're not doing QVC any favours though if this is the standard they can offer are they.

The Yodel thing must be because the delivery is being organised by Peony themselves. They're not doing QVC any favours though if this is the standard they can offer are they.

When Peony first aired, I ordered the sweet pea arrangement and also the lavender in a jug and both arrived with my normal courier, so maybe this Yodel company are a new thing for Peony. I've never heard of them either but they certainly don't have the personal touch that some companies do. It sounds as though they're like the couriers who allege that they've knocked on the door, but then put a card throught the letterbox saying "You were out when we called" ........ when in fact you were in the house feet away from the front door. :headbang:

From their website:

THE YODEL STORY
With Yodel we are ushering in a delivery revolution based on years of experience in UK delivery.

We formed Yodel in 2010 because we believe there's a better way of doing things. And with the online revolution changing the way we all work, spend and play, there's never been a better time.

With most delivery services stubbornly refusing to change their ways, we saw an opportunity to do things differently - to focus on meeting your needs rather than clinging to services that are out-of-step in the here and now.

That's why Home Delivery Network Limited, one of the UK's leading B2C providers, purchased the domestic B2B and B2C business of DHL Express (UK) Limited through its subsidiary company Parcelpoint Limited.

The new corporate identity for Home Delivery Network and Parcelpoint is Yodel; a new business with expertise in both B2B and B2C, with the scale, efficiency and ability to shake up the whole market.

If there's a phone number on the card you just ring and re-arrange delivery to suit; they may accept delivery to a neighbour if you're always out at work between 8am and 7pm (but the sender may have precluded this as an option). This is my experience of Yodel...pretty good actually. Worth phoning them if you still want the delivery.

Jude xx

There was a number with an option to re-arrange delivery but that box wasn't ticked, it was the 'get your arse here to pick it up' box that had been ticked. I rang CS and told them about it and told them to cancel it as they'd narked me and I had no intention of traipsing to get it, and I did feel quite saintly at saving myself the money of it. Unfortunately now I've read all the reviews everyone seems to think it's lovely so I'm wondering if I was a bit rash...
And then this morning I got an email saying it had been dispatched and was on its way (?) and its showing on my account as shipped (yesterday - even though the attempted delivery was the day before ??), but a value of £0.00, and no money has been taken for it.
Confusioso. :doh:

Last edited:
If you still want it phone Yodel and rebook delivery as it's unlikely they've had instructions from QVC to return it to the depot; then if you manage to rearrange delivery phone QVC to reinstate the autodelivery. QVC don't usually do anything until a return arrives back at the depot and they'd likely wait for Yodel to return it undelivered than engineer a quicker return.

Worth a try if you still want the TSV

Jude xx

Oh bliddy flip don't say that Jude, I wanted you to say 'Nah, let em keep it and save yer dosh, it'll be shite anyway'.
:sweat:

Latest posts

Back