Denim & Co 5/4/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can't comment on the rest of this range, but I bought this teddy bear coat, and barring fur coats, its the warmest coat I've ever owned. It also washed like a dream. I put it away when we had temperatures around the 20 mark last week, now I'll have to get it out again !

https://www.qvcuk.com/Denim-&-Co-Fleece-&-Sherpa-Coat-With-Hood.product.186882.html?sc=NAVLIST
Oh lol so many of you still on here criticising all the fashion, well everything on Q, my god you watch a lot of it, and yet you paid money for that coat and no doubt wear it out in public, this explains soooo much LOL

Denim & Co. Stretch Twill Utility Jacket
Item Number: 192686
QVC Price £55.00
Todays Special Value Price £37.98
P&P £3.95
Jump on board the utility trend with this stretch twill utility jacket from Denim & Co. and have the perfect cover up to see you through the season in style. It's a must-have staple for spring and a fantastic layer for on-the-go days, being lightweight enough to wear in balmier weather while giving you that extra warmth if the sun suddenly goes in.
How to style - the beauty of a jacket like this is that you can wear it for any occasion! When going casual it'll look great with jeans, a tee and a pair of trainers - or boots for a nod to its utility style. A smarter ensemble can then easily be put together with leggings, a blouse and heels. We also love the idea of wearing it over a maxi dress on warmer days for the perfect mix of feminine and edgy.
Choose your hue - with five colours to pick from, there's bound to be one (or more!) that's a bit of you. Grey, Olive and Sand are all classic utility jacket colours and ideal options if you prefer neutrals. Blue is another timeless choice that will also bring nautical vibes to your wardrobe. If you fancy turning up the vibrancy though, then Red is a must.
  • Front zip fastening
  • Chest patch pocket
  • Long sleeves
  • Loose fit
  • 64% cotton, 34% polyester, 2% elastane
  • Machine washable at 30C
Colour options:
  • Blue
  • Grey
  • Olive
  • Sand
  • Red
Garment measurements:
  • Chest: XS: 97.8cm (38.5"), S: 102.9cm (40.5"), M: 108cm (42.5"), L: 114.3cm (45"), XL: 121.9cm (48"), 2XL: 132.1cm (52"), 3XL: 142.2cm (56")
  • Length: XS: 73.7cm (29"), S: 74.3cm (29.3"), M: 74.9cm (29.5"), L: 75.9cm (29.9"), XL: 77.2cm (30.4"), 2XL: 79.1cm (31.1"), 3XL: 81.3cm (32")
All measurements are approximate

Mao Zedong strikes again and Communist China brings fashion to the great unwashed . His inspirational jacket gets a second innings. Now where`s my little red book ?
Mao-Zedong.jpg

Oh lol so many of you still on here criticising all the fashion, well everything on Q, my god you watch a lot of it, and yet you paid money for that coat and no doubt wear it out in public, this explains soooo much LOL
Does it? Please elaborate. What else would we do but pay money for it? Steal it?

Mine was for indoors and that's where I've worn it. It won't win any prizes for fashion but it's warm.

CC

Well with Q you have to be very selective. The fashion is generally polyester and cheap looking. But that’s what Q have to do to appeal to a wide selection of people.
I myself have returned many items but kept the occasional thing. Nowadays I rarely bother .

Looking at the presentation it looks very skimpy in the upper arms and short in the arm, not that that part would be a problem for me !

1. Yes, we criticise the fashion, and where else can we have a moan except to other QVC customers - ex or otherwise, but on here ?

2. You assume a lot by stating I watch 'a lot of it '. Not true - but if you said I lot of watch of Netflix then you would be bang on ! so never ASSUME anything.

3. Yep, I bought a coat , and it was better value than a Marla Wynne top around the same price, and surprisingly I don't wear it as a dressing gown - the clue is in the name - a coat !

4. Finally, I don't have to justify to anyone why I bought and paid for any item from a company that I have the right to criticise.

Haven't we all got more jackets of this type that we will ever need?

That elastic around the waist is weird and desperate for a USP. Not for me.

CC
The drawstring thing round the midriff is too high and will be very unflattering if you have a fuller bust because it will cut across it or act as a “shelf”. You see it on some of the models more than others, although it’s hard to see on the one with the long, blonde-streaked hair and cheesy grin as she keeps spinning round like a top.

"
"the one with the long, blonde-streaked hair and cheesy grin as she keeps spinning round like a top."

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. Its the way she grabs her hair from the back so we get the back view, then flicks it to the front again when she turns around that gets me.

Funny how these irritations become annoying over time. Most of the presenters are just one long irritation 🤭 - some more than others.

I get annoyed with the long swishy hair. Not all of them move it out of the way,even on jewellery shows! I like to see how the neckline of a garment fits, as I have narrow shoulders and scoop/ boat/ wide necks make me look a bit ‘scraggy’. The models who bounce about and don’t keep still for a while ,keep pulling up sleeves, so we can’t have a proper look at how the clothes fall, really annoy me. I’ve also noticed that a lot of shows have only used tall models. ‘Oh, Jo is 6 foot, so it won’t be that short on most people’ I think they should have a shorter model as well. I don’t think the present models are a patch on the former ones. The new sets don’t help, with models wandering around in the background, popping in and out of doorways, walking in front of the presenters and often looking quite bemused!

I can't comment on the rest of this range, but I bought this teddy bear coat, and barring fur coats, its the warmest coat I've ever owned. It also washed like a dream. I put it away when we had temperatures around the 20 mark last week, now I'll have to get it out again !

https://www.qvcuk.com/Denim-&-Co-Fleece-&-Sherpa-Coat-With-Hood.product.186882.html?sc=NAVLIST
That looks very nice. Unfortunately, I clicked on one of the colour options to examine and the presentation video started playing (why does it do that now??! If I want to see the video, I can click on it!!). The first thing I heard was Ophelia(?) saying, “…move on to sumfink even more warmer…” and I had to shut it down.

….
Funny how these irritations become annoying over time. Most of the presenters are just one long irritation 🤭 - some more than others.
Case in point above!

"
"the one with the long, blonde-streaked hair and cheesy grin as she keeps spinning round like a top."

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. Its the way she grabs her hair from the back so we get the back view, then flicks it to the front again when she turns around that gets me.

That is Anna she is Anne Dawson's daughter in law.

Agree with CC about the sets. The models get to a certain point (chair with rug) and that's where they stop. If shoes are being modelled I don't just want the tilted foot, I want to see how they 'walk' Yet they never stop spinning when its clothes being offered, with the long hair being dragged from back to front. If these silly bints wore it up, a) it would look more elegant and b) we get to see the clothes and jewellery better.

Yes, the models from yesteryear had a far better understanding of runway modelling than this lot. SHARON if you still read this forum, please get back out there !!!!

Agree with CC about the sets. The models get to a certain point (chair with rug) and that's where they stop. If shoes are being modelled I don't just want the tilted foot, I want to see how they 'walk' Yet they never stop spinning when its clothes being offered, with the long hair being dragged from back to front. If these silly bints wore it up, a) it would look more elegant and b) we get to see the clothes and jewellery better.

Yes, the models from yesteryear had a far better understanding of runway modelling than this lot. SHARON if you still read this forum, please get back out there !!!!
Didn't know that the ex Model Anita is married to Chris Ellison (The Bill) who has the same condition as Bruce Willis they were on GMB this morning.

Didn't know that the ex Model Anita is married to Chris Ellison (The Bill) who has the same condition as Bruce Willis they were on GMB this morning.

WOW ! :oops: who knew ? I always thought Ellison was great in The Bill, a real hard man actor - just like Bruce Willis. It can be crap getting old. Even if you live the healthiest life imaginable, its no guarantee that the brain will 'get yer' no matter what. Very sad, and its hardest for those doing the caring.

Latest posts

Back