Denim & Co TSV 09/02/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Great with a cigarette trouser and a little pump perhaps??
I hardly ever watch QVC these days but just had a quick look, not knowing what was on, and the telly’s now gone off again. I managed about three minutes. Boy, does that Glen talk a load of shite! I’m sorry, I’m sure he’s a nice bloke and all that but he goes on and on and it’s pure tosh.

”Super comfortable and great with a little navy jean and white tee and perfect for the time of year, and smart but also giving that athleisure look, a little bit of LA coming through there … just the right shape … this is the red for that pop of colour, I love my red cardigan I prefer the orange red shade and I can wear that because I have the darker skin but you might want more of a blue red, or you have the neutral which I know is flying out, probably because that’s the one you’re wearing tonight, Jill, and whenever I see this shade I think of Kellly Hoppen shades and that’s what this is, it’s the perfect shade … or yes, the cream and it is very popular just now as well, or the grey, you can’t go wrong with a grey cardigan … sorry, what’s that? The cream is now limited stock? It‘s ok, there’s no such thing as the wrong colour, you can go for the blue … oh, the blue is going fast as well? No such thing as the wrong colour, as I say, how about the green? … and and and …”

Jeeeze! Breathe, man!

I wish Jill Frank's would shut up! She has absolutely nothing constructive to add, Glen Campbell is doing great, she keeps interrupting with inane stupid comments, trying to make it about her, as per usual.

I hardly ever watch QVC these days but just had a quick look, not knowing what was on, and the telly’s now gone off again. I managed about three minutes. Boy, does that Glen talk a load of shite! I’m sorry, I’m sure he’s a nice bloke and all that but he goes on and on and it’s pure tosh.

”Super comfortable and great with a little navy jean and white tee and perfect for the time of year, and smart but also giving that athleisure look, a little bit of LA coming through there … just the right shape … this is the red for that pop of colour, I love my red cardigan I prefer the orange red shade and I can wear that because I have the darker skin but you might want more of a blue red, or you have the neutral which I know is flying out, probably because that’s the one you’re wearing tonight, Jill, and whenever I see this shade I think of Kellly Hoppen shades and that’s what this is, it’s the perfect shade … or yes, the cream and it is very popular just now as well, or the grey, you can’t go wrong with a grey cardigan … sorry, what’s that? The cream is now limited stock? It‘s ok, there’s no such thing as the wrong colour, you can go for the blue … oh, the blue is going fast as well? No such thing as the wrong colour, as I say, how about the green? … and and and …”

Jeeeze! Breathe, man!
Andi, he also used the phrase " summer meadow vibe" at one point ! Bless him, I do like him though!

Same height models, yet the lengths are different. On Amanda the red was way below her waist, and on Anne the same height, the green was just below waist as was the plus size model. Hopeless ! I like a shorter cardigan, but the return postage puts me off.

I wish Jill Frank's would shut up! She has absolutely nothing constructive to add, Glen Campbell is doing great, she keeps interrupting with inane stupid comments, trying to make it about her, as per usual.
Nothing new there then.

Am I the only one who's not been able to access the forum all day? I was getting weird error messages, so relieved to be back. Back on topic I have to say I liked literally everything on the d&co hour I saw, but I'm gonna resist. Not only do I not want to start accumulating clothes like I used to in the past, and of course Q's prices are prohibitive especially when you have to pay postage on everything. Had I been in the market for new stuff and I didn't care about the money I would've bought the cardi, probably in grey, the striped breton top in the brown and a pair of the flared cut off "Jeans" in the khaki with the tie waist, not normally my thing but I thought they looked great on the model wearing them with converse canvas trainers, just a really nice casual look. Never mind, but even though I'm not buying it's a change to see wearable clothes instead of weird horse blankets!

Am I the only one who's not been able to access the forum all day? I was getting weird error messages, so relieved to be back. Back on topic I have to say I liked literally everything on the d&co hour I saw, but I'm gonna resist. Not only do I not want to start accumulating clothes like I used to in the past, and of course Q's prices are prohibitive especially when you have to pay postage on everything. Had I been in the market for new stuff and I didn't care about the money I would've bought the cardi, probably in grey, the striped breton top in the brown and a pair of the flared cut off "Jeans" in the khaki with the tie waist, not normally my thing but I thought they looked great on the model wearing them with converse canvas trainers, just a really nice casual look. Never mind, but even though I'm not buying it's a change to see wearable clothes instead of weird horse blankets!
I couldn’t access the forum either - don’t think anyone could? I think it was something that Graham had to sort that end.

I couldn’t access the forum either - don’t think anyone could? I think it was something that Graham had to sort that end.
I was really worried anyway, and relax! Wasn't too bad 'cause I had to go out today. I checked in when I got back and still nothing, then about 15 mins later I gave it another try and yay we were back!

The forum's still playing up, I know I shouldn't have spoken too soon. We disappeared again. Hope the problem gets sorted soon

Same height models, yet the lengths are different. On Amanda the red was way below her waist, and on Anne the same height, the green was just below waist as was the plus size model. Hopeless ! I like a shorter cardigan, but the return postage puts me off.
One long bodied, the other short bodied? Height can be the same but build and proportions and be completely different.
Mind you, having worked briefly doing quality checking, the "tolerances" + or - away from the standard measurements are quite surprising. You can have a difference of more than an inch more or less on any measurements!

One long bodied, the other short bodied? Height can be the same but build and proportions and be completely different.
Mind you, having worked briefly doing quality checking, the "tolerances" + or - away from the standard measurements are quite surprising. You can have a difference of more than an inch more or less on any measurements!
This is the problem, that's why you need to try things on first or at least be able to return unsuitable goods free of charge, it's bad enough having to pay so much in postage in the first place. I had a look on the website at the trousers I liked the look of earlier and they looked like frumpy ankle swingers on the model, yet on the girls in the studio they sat well above the ankle giving a good balance between the hem of trouser and the footwear so they looked rather cute. I wasn't gonna buy anyway, but I'd be even less likely to buy with so much variation on how they look.

I like the cardi but as I’m a large size 18 I don’t think it would look stylish, more of a garment to hide my bra bulge.

This is the problem, that's why you need to try things on first or at least be able to return unsuitable goods free of charge, it's bad enough having to pay so much in postage in the first place. I had a look on the website at the trousers I liked the look of earlier and they looked like frumpy ankle swingers on the model, yet on the girls in the studio they sat well above the ankle giving a good balance between the hem of trouser and the footwear so they looked rather cute. I wasn't gonna buy anyway, but I'd be even less likely to buy with so much variation on how they look.
Sometimes you need to try on multiple sizes... and multiples of a single size..
Then if the garment is black, you may find you need to size up due to the effect black dyes have on the stretchability of the fabrics.
I think it's why many of us like all the stretch fabrics... gives you a bigger margin for error on the sizing and comfort.

It's nothing like a net cardigan. It's poly elastane according to the website. I liked it but not for £30. I've bought the same in Primark (yes I know but probably same quality) for £12. I like Glen though and I watch but I don't buy.

CC

If you buy good quality (and I mean very expensive) cashmere, you need never be scared to wear it. The trouble is that it will never wear out and never look ratty, so you'll be tired of it after a good while. Inferior quality cashmere will pill and wear out quite fast. Within the last 3 months, I've bought four knitted tops (not from QVC) and all of them look like the cat has clawed them. Denim & Co has a huge following and I hope this cardi will be up to standard.
I inherited a nearly-new beautiful cable knit pale lilac cashmere jumper which I must admit never really pilled, but sadly the colour did nothing for me and I ended up selling it on eBay years ago.

I can’t for the life of me rememebr the brand - I know it was Scottish - and wondered if you had any recommendations for “good” cashmere?!

I’ve got some M&S cashmere and it’s thin and bobbles immediately!

The cashmere jumper I had, which l wore for nigh on 30 years, was made in Scotland. I can't remember the brand name. At that time, it cost £300. It was very thick and warm. The colour was red, long sleeved, with a round neck. . You will be able to find high end cashmere clothing on the Web from businesses that have been around for a very long time. Of course, it will be nothing like M&S, and, as you know, you'll pay big!!! I'm sure you'll find something wonderful.

I've got too much time on my hands today so I thought I'd illustrate this point with a couple of screen shots. Picture one is how I'd like them to look and the second one is the grim reality of how they'd look on me!

Attachments

• 2024-02-10 (2).png
    2024-02-10 (2).png
    929.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 2024-02-10 (3).png
    2024-02-10 (3).png
    624.1 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back