Denim & Co TSV 11/09/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Myself, usually the odd one out, I like mock turtle neck jumpers. I have a long neck. I don't like a full turtle neck, however. They're likely to strip your make up when you struggle to take them off.
Lucky you! I have a short neck and look like that character from the Beano (or is it the Dandy) when I wear anything with high neck. Love them on others though; so elegant.

Had to switch off Jill Franks presenting.
If she says anything she thinks is funny she repeats it just to be sure you haven't missed it.

I hate high necks on jumpers as well Toril, makes me feel like I'm being throttled. Surely this is just a plain ordinary pole neck. Cost about eight quid at Asda living. Don't understand why it's called a mock neck. Seems a weird thing to call a polo neck.

Feeling “throttled” is a good description as to why I don’t like that style of neck on a garment.

I think jumpers unless they're textured in some way are difficult to keep looking pristine. I've only got 4 as I said, of the two beige ones one is a cable knit the other a wide rib, my white one has a lacy texture and my grey roll neck, well I've only worn it a couple of times so I've yet to wash it, but I imagine I'm gonna have to be extremely careful with it. I noticed when Glen was holding up the D & co one that it was creased and that's before anyone's tried to care for it so you'd be on the back foot immediately which isn't great , especially for that price. There are tons of acrylic sweaters out there for a fraction of that price.

I'm usually reluctant to buy jumpers or cardigans online because of the possibility of pilling. Knitwear with bobbles looks scruffy imo. The BA's and presenters never mention this, which puts me off buying even more.
Every time I have convinced myself to give jumpers another go, they've gone bobbly after a couple of wears.

So it's flannel shirts for me at winter. They're easy to care for, and you don't have to worry about messing around taking them off when you're hot, and putting them back on when you're cold

Which seems to alternate every five minutes

I have a Marla Wynn cardigan that hasn't bobbled. How did that happen? It's a big old thing and I wear it around the house only. I have a black and white flannel shirt that is old but looks new. It's cotton, though, and not warm for the winter.

Feeling “throttled” is a good description as to why I don’t like that style of neck on a garment.
I like my neck to be warm but not hot so thought this might be a better option than a polo. I'm really embarrassed to say I bought the green jumper cos I loved the colour. It came yesterday. It's truly awful. The neck is too wide, it is almost black - not the lovely green I saw on the telly, and it feels awful. Strangely enough it's going straight back. I wish I'd come on here before I ordered it. I should be compelled to. In fact, I wish I'd know about this site years ago, I'm sure it would have saved me a fortune in overpriced rubbish. 😒

I like my neck to be warm but not hot so thought this might be a better option than a polo. I'm really embarrassed to say I bought the green jumper cos I loved the colour. It came yesterday. It's truly awful. The neck is too wide, it is almost black - not the lovely green I saw on the telly, and it feels awful. Strangely enough it's going straight back. I wish I'd come on here before I ordered it. I should be compelled to. In fact, I wish I'd know about this site years ago, I'm sure it would have saved me a fortune in overpriced rubbish. 😒
The dark green looked nice on my telly as well. Sorry you had to send it back.

Latest posts

Back