Denim & Co TSV 09/02/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have a loose knit linen cardigan. Both warmer and cooler than you'd think. A cover up of some sort is a great idea on holiday, especially if you are going into a church or other religious building.

Knowing me, I’d catch it on a door handle and get a looser knit that is ideal …. i.e.: tear it. 😳
I'm always doing that, these open knit jumpers/cardis look great when they're new but as soon as you pull the first thread and manage to push it back in, it's like "whack a mole" and in the end you realise it's only fit for the bin! I bought myself a gorgeous forest green jumper in that sort of knit and the first time I wore it I managed to catch it on my necklace when I was putting it on, thankfully the damage was minimal but I was careful not to hang it on a hanger so I folded up and put it in the drawer. then on one occasion I managed to catch it on the edge of the drawer when I was taking out, so another thread pushed back in, after that I think I managed to catch it on something every time I wore it. When I washed and dried strictly following the recommended instructions, it came out a mangled mess of threads - must've got caught up with something in the machine, a button or something - Not even fit for the charity donation bag, so in the bin it went. I avoid this type of knit now.

Attachments

• TSV 1.jpg
    TSV 1.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 202
  • TSV 2.jpg
    TSV 2.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 194
  • TSV 3.jpg
    TSV 3.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 196
  • TSV 4.jpg
    TSV 4.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 203
I'm always doing that, these open knit jumpers/cardis look great when they're new but as soon as you pull the first thread and manage to push it back in, it's like "whack a mole" and in the end you realise it's only fit for the bin! I bought myself a gorgeous forest green jumper in that sort of knit and the first time I wore it I managed to catch it on my necklace when I was putting it on, thankfully the damage was minimal but I was careful not to hang it on a hanger so I folded up and put it in the drawer. then on one occasion I managed to catch it on the edge of the drawer when I was taking out, so another thread pushed back in, after that I think I managed to catch it on something every time I wore it. When I washed and dried strictly following the recommended instructions, it came out a mangled mess of threads - must've got caught up with something in the machine, a button or something - Not even fit for the charity donation bag, so in the bin it went. I avoid this type of knit now.
That jumper was destined for the bin. What a shame.

Denim & Co Soft Net Cardigan TSV 08/02/24
By the look of the cardi, I think the description must've been misheard and it should read soft "knit"! Without seeing all the blurb it's difficult to give an opinion. From what I can see so far it's a mundane but pretty decent looking little cardi that I would be happy to wear but I suspect it'll be about £10 dearer than it should be. I'll be surprised if there's any wool content in it, but if there is it will be the main selling point even if it's only 5% . No doubt it'll be largely polyester, the word "cashmere" will be bandied around quite a bit but of course this little beauty will look and feel the same but you can machine wash it and I predict one them will say "I've never seen the point in spending a lot of money on something you're scared to wear"! Will they be so bold as to charge more than £30 it? We'll see!

By the look of the cardi, I think the description must've been misheard and it should read soft "knit"! Without seeing all the blurb it's difficult to give an opinion. From what I can see so far it's a mundane but pretty decent looking little cardi that I would be happy to wear but I suspect it'll be about £10 dearer than it should be. I'll be surprised if there's any wool content in it, but if there is it will be the main selling point even if it's only 5% . No doubt it'll be largely polyester, the word "cashmere" will be bandied around quite a bit but of course this little beauty will look and feel the same but you can machine wash it and I predict one them will say "I've never seen the point in spending a lot of money on something you're scared to wear"! Will they be so bold as to charge more than £30 it? We'll see!
If you buy good quality (and I mean very expensive) cashmere, you need never be scared to wear it. The trouble is that it will never wear out and never look ratty, so you'll be tired of it after a good while. Inferior quality cashmere will pill and wear out quite fast. Within the last 3 months, I've bought four knitted tops (not from QVC) and all of them look like the cat has clawed them. Denim & Co has a huge following and I hope this cardi will be up to standard.

If you buy good quality (and I mean very expensive) cashmere, you need never be scared to wear it. The trouble is that it will never wear out and never look ratty, so you'll be tired of it after a good while. Inferior quality cashmere will pill and wear out quite fast. Within the last 3 months, I've bought four knitted tops (not from QVC) and all of them look like the cat has clawed them. Denim & Co has a huge following and I hope this cardi will be up to standard.
It's for that reason that I always choose textured knitwear. I like a cable knit, or ribbing as I find that a smooth/fine knit has a tendency to pill and crease which means it needs to be steamed or ironed. Even though the knit of this cardi looks fairly robust and I like the look of it, I can live without it and I fear it'll be pricey, isn't everything on Q?

Denim & Co. Soft Knit Cardigan
Item Number: 404770
QVC Price £39.99
Todays Special Value Price £29.97
P&P £3.95

Welcome this classic soft knit cardigan from Denim & Co. into your transitional wardrobe. With its long balloon sleeves, tortoise shell button fastenings and V-neckline, it's a timeless layering piece perfect for those in-between season times. Designed to feel beautifully soft against the skin too, this cardigan will be the one you keep reaching for whether you're at home, heading out or on the go.
*A great saving: If you were to buy this Denim & Co. Soft Knit Cardigan from QVCUK.com after this offer ends, you’d pay £39.99 plus P&P. So, for our Today’s Special Value price of just £29.97 plus P&P, you’re saving £10.02.
Transitional dressing - imagine wearing this cosy cardigan on a crisp morning, sipping your coffee as you enjoy the early sunshine. Or perhaps you're dressing up for a casual lunch date, and this cardigan adds just the right touch of warmth and style. The possibilities are endless with this versatile piece.
Style tips - pair this cardigan with jeans for a fashionable winter-to-spring outfit, or layer it over a top and add some tailored trousers for a smart, office-ready look. Those button fastenings mean you can opt to wear it open or closed. Caught out by a sudden shower or a late winter snap? Don't worry, it'll effortlessly go under your coat too!
Spoilt for choice - this cardigan comes in six staple colour options, so it might be hard to pick just one! Will you go for Blue, Grey, Red, Taupe, Green or Cream (or all of the above)?
  • V-neckline
  • Long soft balloon sleeves
  • Tortoise shell button fastenings
  • 97% polyester, 3% elastane
  • Machine washable at 30 degrees
Colour options:
  • Blue
  • Grey
  • Red
  • Taupe
  • Green
  • Cream
Garment measurements:
  • Chest: XS: 100.3cm (39.5"), S: 105.4cm (41.5"), M: 110.5cm (43.5"), L: 116.8cm (46"), XL: 124.5cm (49"), 2XL: 134.6cm (53"), 3XL: 144.8cm (57")
  • Length: XS: 57.2cm (22.5"), S: 57.8cm (22.8"), M: 58.4cm (23"), L: 59.4cm (23.4"), XL: 60.7cm (23.9"), 2XL: 62.6cm (24.6"), 3XL: 64.8cm (25.5")
All measurements are approximate

Latest posts

Back