Do I buy the BPOTM or wait?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Weathergirl

Registered Shopper
I am trying to reduce my Q spending and use up everything first before buying more. I use a throat cream every day and liking the prai ageless throat that I bought as a single item a while ago. I have only just opened the 118ml pot.

I have been delaying buying the BPOTM 180 ml supersize until the last minute because I made the mistake of buying a litre of SBC collagen gel when it was POTM only to find that soon after a litre was also included in a great value TSV so I needn't have purchased the POTM.

What are the odds of this 180ml pot appearing again in a better value set such as a TSV before my current pot runs out? There's loads left. How often do we get Prai TSV's and how often is it the "Ageless" range? I really want to stop stockpiling as I have only just got my stash right down (apart from SBC and L'Occy stuff that is....)

TIA

I don't remember the product appearing in any kit since it was BPOTM last year if that helps, and it does seem a good price if the product works for you.

I probably don't need to tell you this, but you know that this attitude is precisely why QVC et al. are so profitable. The whole point is to create a fear that you might 'miss out' on a great price, so you should buy it now and put it in the cupboard for later. You say you've 'loads left' and, if you're serious about not spending quite so much money falling for QVC's induced panic, then logically, you don't need to buy any. If, when you actually do run out and decide that unless this product is applied daily, your throat will like it belongs to a nonagenarian, then just buy it when you need it, and only when you need it. OK, you might run the risk of paying a little bit extra, but at least you're only paying for it as and when you need it, rather than spending hundreds of pounds of stockpiled, overpriced bits of grease.

Just my opinion, mind.

Last edited:
Brilliant Craftalot. Just what I wanted and needed to hear! I would kick myself if I bought it and then in exactly 31 days time when it's too late to return it I discover that if I had just waited a bit longer I woukd get so much more for my money.

And no...my neck will be fine without it for a bit. I will just put my face cream on a bit lower!

I stocked up on decleor hydra floral and have found that a couple of jars have changed colour and smell funny - the high temperatures this year have taken their toll.
I'm going to try to buy more sensibly now and only go for it if I have less than 50% of the product left. It would be good to store spares in the fridge but then the rest of the family would know how much I actually have
:cheeky:

I panic bought Philip Kingsley Elasticizer last year when it was BPOTM and I still haven't finished the first litre! 2 more litres to go! :wink:

The only things that I genuinely use up are Laura Geller's BnB, Elemis cleansers, ABC skin wash and L'Occitane liquid soaps. I have bought so many oils, serums, face creams etc from QVC that most get binned before they are empty.
Craftalot, wish I had read your post a few years ago, might be lots richer now :)

I'd say that you should wait unless this really is a holy grail product. I know from my experience that there is always a tempting offer just around the corner that I'd quite like to try but won't if I still have stuff to use up. There are always new kits, try me's and new brands to tempt us. Apart from anything else, sometimes it's good to give your skin a break from your regular products. I think something different can surprise the old cells and wake them up a bit.

Thanks all some brilliant advice from all of you.

BF it isnt really holy grail product, and I took note of the fingertip slither I actually use once a day. My current pot will last me months at this rate! I just like it because it has a good texture and does not give me a blotchy neck. For some reason the skin on my neck is much more sensitive than my face.

I was going to buy it but the reviews are very mixed.

Lots of them say that the cream is rolling off as it's applied... now I'm probably going to give it a miss.

Anyone got any thoughts on the texture please?

It's a thick cream but as if gelatin has been added (IYKWIM) as it has a thickness to it that is more jelly like than creamy. It does not roll off the skin when applied. Those reviewers must either be applying too much or need a really good exfoliation and cleanse before using it.

I was just going to say the same WG, either their necks are grubby or they've taken their face cream down onto their neck then applied the neck cream on top. I've never had any bother layering Prai products - when I remember I can apply the pure prai serum and then the neck cream over the top. I've just started using the neck (and face) exfoliator which came with a Prai TSV and it's good. It's a fair replacement for the Alpha H microcleanse and reminds me of the Dr Denese exfoliator. I tend to sideline these filler products from TSVs but this seems to be something I'll actually use up.

I'm using this neck cream at the minute (from the beauty bash) and it's very thick. But it doesn't roll off my neck. Like others have said they are either using too much or they don't exfoliate their neck. I don't think l would repurchase it. I'd probably stick with the Decleor or M&S one depending on finances at the time.

Latest posts

Back