I have a confession to make...................

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Almerinda

Registered Shopper
I haven't told anyone this; not even my husband but sometimes, when I can't get to sleep at night I imagine that I am a presenter on QVC. Not one of the presenters but me, presenting stuff that I would be interested in. You know, fashion, skin care, make-up and not yogurt or vaccum cleaners.

It goes like this

ME - "Hello! It's midnight and Ralph Rossini is sitting right next to me and that can only mean one thing! A Honora pearls TSV" (cue jingle.) "Well Ralph, you have really pulled out all the stops with this lovely TSV. Can you tell is all about it whilst we take a look at Natalie who is wearing the Tuxedo version."
RALPH - "Well I designed this myself. I wanted to do something really special just before easter and here it is; we have the gelato colour way, the tuxedo that looks lovely on Natalie and finally the forest which you are wearing. It really is a beautiful necklace/set of bracelets/watch/set of earrings! That price is phenomenal and with the easy payments, well it's a great value"

Then I get bored and swap to something else. Let's do fashion with Lenny!

ME - "Great to have you with us at the midnight hour! We have a fabulous hour of New York fashion with the equally fabulous Lenny Feinberg. He has brought us a wonderful TSV. It's coming up in a moment!" (Cue jingle). "Well Lenny what a great dress and bolero this is and what fantastic colour chioces. "
LENNY - "Never mind the colours look at the PRICE I can't get back to my hotel for that much! This sleeveless dress is based on the ever popular Sylvia dress of which we have sold gazillions. It's the same dress ladies so if you already have one of the earlier versions you can buy this knowing that it it will fit you perfectly. You fuller figured gals can buy with confidence because I fit on plus size models. Can I go over there and stand next to Goody and Tanya? Remember these girls are tall; they coud play for the Olympic basket ball team!"

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

It's an improvement on many of the daft things that I have tried in the hope of a few hours sleep.

I'm noting a distinct lack of ambition here Almerinda, I think you should swap QVC and Corrie for auctioning stuff at Christie's and appearing in Downton Abbey? :nod:

Well!
What can I say!
Just for jolly I put your user-name in anagram solver to see if there was anything lurking beneath such a pretty name .....
Almerinda ~ Drama Line

Apt
:smile:

Never mind the colours look at the PRICE I can't get back to my hotel for that much!

LOL ! I had to read this twice, as I thought it said "I cant get YOU back to my hotel for that much " !!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, having a blonde moment.

Ever talked like Nigella Lawson whilst making beans on toast?....I have.

Oh poo! did I type that out loud?

It's good to be quackers.:happy:

I count down from 100 but in two's or three's and that sometimes gets me off to sleep. Can't imagine being a presenter on Q, I take the p*&s too much, it would be more a case of:

"Well it's our TSV and I am so bored as I bet you are to see this manky object we couldn't shift enough of last time, and b""g%r me of the p and p hasn't been hiked up by another two quid. Oh god the gallery have just tried to put a T C through, no doubt some mad old bat with 500 Kipling bags or wanting some efing fairy dust"

When my sister was a little she used to pretend to be Jacques Cousteau when she was in the bath. She would speak in a French accent and try to stick the "Spooonges" on the bottom of the tub with soap.
And that's not all.......she used to sing (to the tune of Old Mac Donald had a farm) "Jacques Cousteau is the one for me eyi eyi oh!"
It was very cute and absoluterly hilarious because she did it when there was no one around!
Clearly madness runs in the family.

I sometimes think it would be good to be a presenter on there too, but you are stuck to shifts and you can't choose what stuff you present. I would only like to present beauty.. i'd be much better than AY! hehe.. I would love all the free things you get to try out for the shows!

Almerinda, what a hoot! There is something worse than yoghurt or vacuum cleaners.... the incontinence doo dah, maybe a good item but it was a real scream listening to the presenters going all "sensitive" to try and flog it. And what about having to show an interest in flogging gardening equipment or Christmas ornaments...c 'm on, could YOU talk for a whole hour on that?....

Almerinda, what a hoot! There is something worse than yoghurt or vacuum cleaners.... the incontinence doo dah, maybe a good item but it was a real scream listening to the presenters going all "sensitive" to try and flog it. And what about having to show an interest in flogging gardening equipment or Christmas ornaments...c 'm on, could YOU talk for a whole hour on that?....

EEH ORR EEH ORR clunk clunk (that is the sound of a donkey's hind legs falling off). Get the idea?????

Latest posts

Back