Dyson DC44 Animal Cordless Vacuum TSV 28/9/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brilliant - I've been waiting for this! (I think it's the new improved version of the DC35)...any idea of price? /easy pay?

Oh piddle.

I bought the DC35 (not even the animal) off Amazon 2 weeks ago and with a accessory pack it came to just over £200

This is a bargain.

OH bought this from the catalogue and I'm not impressed with it at all, even although it had good reviews. The main thing is that it does NOT give you 15 mins usage time from one charge as it claims - only about 8 mins tops. By the time I've done the chairs and gone halfway up the stairs the charge has gone. I couldn't even vacuum out the whole car on one charge either which is one reason why we got it. It's OK for small jobs but I need my main Dyson - too much faffing around with the cordless one. At least on QVC you can try it and send it back. I'm stuck with mine.

CC

Hi candy are you sure you don't have the boost button pressed? if you do that will halve the time you get out of the charge.

Oh piddle.

I bought the DC35 (not even the animal) off Amazon 2 weeks ago and with a accessory pack it came to just over £200

This is a bargain.

Me too BB, with buying off Amazon 2 weeks ago, but I got the DC35 Animal with no accessory pack - love it.....

Sounds like a lot of money to me. At home I have a Henry vacuum cleaner, and in my holiday chalet on the Isle of Wight I have a stick vac which is superb. It only cost £40 and is great.

Dyson TSV

This seems totally pointless to me. £300 for a hand held vac is ridiculous. I've got something similar that might not have the same power but it's very useful for quick clean ups. It cost be £19.99 from Lidl and it stands up by itself.

This seems totally pointless to me. £300 for a hand held vac is ridiculous. I've got something similar that might not have the same power but it's very useful for quick clean ups. It cost be £19.99 from Lidl and it stands up by itself.

I think it's ridiculous as well, I've always thought Dyson are madly overpriced for what they actually are/do! The household equivalent of Apple, with a tunnel-visioned following of madly loyal supporters! (Out of all my kids,daughter-in-law etc., the only one who hasn't long ago dumped their iPhone for an HTC or whatever is the only one whose hoover choice was a Dyson, so maybe something in that.......?) :thinking: :grin:

I find Dysons very overrated too. S-in-L left me her upright when she moved abroad and it needed emptying after every use and I needed a shower every time I emptied it because the method of dismantling it covered me and the machine with dust! Brilliant design feature James!

We now have a Miele with a turbo powered brush for picking up pet hair and self-sealing, easily removable bags that last ages. No comparison.

Last edited:
I find Dysons very overrated too. S-in-L left me her upright when she moved abroad and it needed emptying after every use and I needed a shower every time I emptied it because the method of dismantling it covered me and the machine with dust! Brilliant design feature James!

We now have a Miele with a turbo powered brush for picking up pet hair and self-sealing, easily removable bags that last ages. No comparison.

Snap :happy:

I've had a fair few vacs over the years, my first being a Hoover Celebrity that just floated behind me. Loved it and kept it in the garage for the car.
Of them all, I rate Dyson as the best. My only niggle is Himself insisted on an upright (again) last time we bought one and I much prefer a cylinder. He never puts the vac around!
I've got my beady eye on an animal ball cylinder - I just don't know how to break the news to him. There'll be tears lol

Last edited:
I've had a fair few vacs over the years, my first being a Hoover Celebrity that just floated behind me. Loved it and kept it in the garage for the car.
Of them all, I rate Dyson as the best. My only niggle is Himself insisted on an upright (again) last time we bought one and I much prefer a cylinder. He never puts the vac around!
I've got my beady eye on an animal ball cylinder - I just don't know how to break the news to him. There'll be tears lol

Let Meg tell him and then runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :happy:

Hi candy are you sure you don't have the boost button pressed? if you do that will halve the time you get out of the charge.

Hmm Burly you might be right because I was thinking what a good job it was doing of sucking up the dog hair and then it ran out. I'll check it.

CC

Oh piddle.

This is a bargain.
Did you not buy that other sweeper thing from the Q also in purple, i think. Methinks you like a clean house BurlyB
or maybe its a mansion. Bet you're a virgo LOL

I wouldn't pay that for a handheld vac, I bought a Dyson handheld from Costco years ago and sure it was only around £60, did not have all the same accessories though. Always forget to charge it up so largely unused.

A lot of cleaning companies use the Henry vacs, so they appear to be a good make to go for.

I didn't get on at all with a Henry vacuum. I stayed with my sister-in-law for 5 weeks when she had her first child at 46 & was really poorly. She owns a pub & it had to be vacuumed every day.
Even though it was brand new, it was hard work.

I too got a Miele and its brill. The dyson was wick in comparision . The Miele is cylinder type for cats and dogs, and it just glides around. Love it

Latest posts

Back