Dyson Haircare TSV 03/09/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I might be cutting off my nose to spite my face, but I avoid any products presented by Abi Horne or Lee Hohbein.

Purely because both rattle through their presentations at the rate of knots, obscuring a few facts and figures among lots of anecdotal claims and enthusiastic ‘nothings’. Lee H in particular confuses me completely because he lurches from a bit of technical info to a story about his cat to a conference call with his mum Susan. I’ve noticed that he avoids telling us what a product does not do but which I would expect it to or want it to, if that makes sense.

If the sales assistant in PC World tried to sell me a product in the same way, I’d complain to the head office.

I got the dreaded covid so could not use them for 2 weeks ,hair was the last thing I could be bothered with.
I have used it now and like it. It is weighty but I like that and is very good quality. I have GHD'S and they seem to smooth my hair better than them.
I took the plunge and bought some Olaplex and using the Dyson straightners my hair is looking good.
I will take full advantage of the 60 days before I decide if I will keep them as they are a 'considered' purchase.

Received mine which had been on waitlist. So far I quite like them, but haven’t properly put them through their paces yet. I have thick natural hair which tends to be frizzy, and found I had to use the highest heat, and had to go over each section more than once. Not sure if I get a better result than when using my GHD’s, but time will tell. I do feel a slight pulling sensation on my hair - a bit worrying. They are heavier than other straighteners, but like Miss Molly, I find that is a plus, and much easier when doing waves/curls, as it’s easier to maintain a good grip on the hair without it slipping. I’m not sure if they are worth the high price, even at the TSV price, so l will see how I feel about them after my 60 days MBG!

Cartoon Dyson jet engine 310512614_62935.jpg

Well, I’ve made full use of 60 days MBG. I’m afraid they didn’t cut the mustard, so back to QVC they have gone! They are no better than my ghd’s, in fact I found that the ghd’s give a better result. My hair didn’t look smooth and shiny.The pulling on my hair worried me, and I had to have the ends trimmed this week, as I found they were split and had a frazzled look.My friend who does my hi lites and cuts my hair tried them, and didn’t rate them at all, on her or me. The battery runs down quickly,

I tried to finish off with them plugged in, but the connection won’t stay in, as it is magnetised. The ****** thing is constantly pinging, which is annoying to say the least. Disappointing, as I really wanted to like them, but they are grossly overpriced, and not as good as the much cheaper ones on the high street. It cost over £11 to return, so I will now put the whole sorry saga behind me, and vow never to fall for the Dyson hype again lol !👎

Well, I’ve made full use of 60 days MBG. I’m afraid they didn’t cut the mustard, so back to QVC they have gone! They are no better than my ghd’s, in fact I found that the ghd’s give a better result. My hair didn’t look smooth and shiny.The pulling on my hair worried me, and I had to have the ends trimmed this week, as I found they were split and had a frazzled look.My friend who does my hi lites and cuts my hair tried them, and didn’t rate them at all, on her or me. The battery runs down quickly,

I tried to finish off with them plugged in, but the connection won’t stay in, as it is magnetised. The ****** thing is constantly pinging, which is annoying to say the least. Disappointing, as I really wanted to like them, but they are grossly overpriced, and not as good as the much cheaper ones on the high street. It cost over £11 to return, so I will now put the whole sorry saga behind me, and vow never to fall for the Dyson hype again lol !👎
Yep sent mine back also could not justify the price and they did drag the hair.
I sent my pair back via Evri £3 something. It was good to try them but my opinion is also not worth the money.

Oddly I’ve just been away for the weekend and took my ghd’s instead of my coralle
BIG mistake
Seemed to have to really go over each chunk of hair time and time again and left with loads of frizz ,
First time using my ghd’s instead of my coralle for best part of a year and definitely won’t be going back

Latest posts

Back