Dyson Hairdryer

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The reviews on QVC US(it was launched there last year), quite varied quite a few returns.

One woman commented this week on their forum how the model they use live has long hair which looks really thick. But on closer inspection is actually fine hair but loads of it so of course it will dry quicker.

I can't see myself buying the Dyson. I have stopped dying my hair and am a fashionable silver. My hair is in great great condition. It is cut in a choppy short wispy style. I have fine hair but lots of it so I just run the dryer over it so that I am not cold and then leave it to finish drying naturally. No need for anything else.

I saw last night's demo by Abby (Sturgeon ??). Whatever was she on, she was manic and obviously attempting the world record for getting as many words as possible out within 2 minutes while waving her hands fast enough to replicate the output of a Dyson fan. Sheesh.

How they can justify the price of this Hairdryer!

I am using a Vidal Sassoon mini style and it's brilliant and think it cost around £10 a few years back! :mysmilie_17:

Isn't this small hairdryer the same price as their big fans? I've no idea why this is so expensive, to me it would be expensive at half the price. As we all know though if it's on QVC it'll sell regardless of price, the QVC die hards do love a bit of name snobbery. :mysmilie_17:

Dyson Hair Dryer

Has anyone tried this it seems very expensive. Jackie is praising it wouldn't use anything else but her hair looks untidy today.

Has anyone tried this it seems very expensive. Jackie is praising it wouldn't use anything else but her hair looks untidy today.

I certainly would not buy this!

For the price it must be exceptional! Have been using a Vidal Sassoon for many years and does the job just fine! Ohhh and it cost under £20 for the record! :mysmilie_8:

I certainly would not buy this!

For the price it must be exceptional! Have been using a Vidal Sassoon for many years and does the job just fine! Ohhh and it cost under £20 for the record! :mysmilie_8:

I agree, for that sort of money you'd want your own personal hairdresser every time you washed your hair. The reviews are hit and miss too and for that price, you'd certainly want all hit and absolutely no miss. I let mine dry naturally and best part is, it's totally free.

Ah yes gabby Abi, I couldn't watch her for six seconds let alone six minutes or even worse, sixty, not even if she told you next weeks winning lottery numbers at the end of it. :mysmilie_13:

In my local TKMaxx they are selling the Ego set of straighter and hairdryer for £16.99

I bought an Ego travel duo from Boots about 18months ago - it's okay but only for occasional use. My best buy was an Ionic dryer from Lidl for about £12.99, it has a fully retractable flex which I like. Lidl have a similar dryer coming up (week after next I think) for around £15 (3 yr warranty on all lidl electricals) and no p&p (obviously).

I saw the Dyson yesterday in Curry's. It does seem very powerful. I had been caught in the rain from the car to the shop, and so used it to dry off my dress. Not sure what the staff thought!

I saw the Dyson yesterday in Curry's. It does seem very powerful. I had been caught in the rain from the car to the shop, and so used it to dry off my dress. Not sure what the staff thought!

Ha ha! Love it Anna. We had Madonna drying her arm pits under a hand dryer & now we have you drying your dress with a hairdryer in Currys! I think I would have done the same lol.

QVC are renowned for sending out other customers returns as new, can you imagine how many poor buggers are going to pay £300 for a second hand hair dryer from QVC. Dyson website are offering this on interest free payments over one, two or three years so if I was going to buy it, which I'm not, I'd buy it from there.

High street stores if you bring clothing back after trying on will put back on the rails, this is well known. Not makeup/skin care or electrical goods! QVC will not be willing to loose money on this product, no idea what % of the sale they get but it must be good.

Latest posts

Back