Dyson Hairdryer - is it worth £300

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

You cant beat the Dyson stick vacuum cleaners. last for years and clean throughly and super fast. The V10 is out of this world the last TSV. Managed to get a Fluffy head direct from Dyson to fit as I have loads of hard flooring. Best thing ever. the fluffy head is super fast and very efficient
I had a cordless stick Dyson vacuum and I hated it from day one but Mr CC bought it so it stayed. It was rubbish in my house with dog hair, dog dust and dog stoor. It just didn't cut it and you had to have it on max power the whole time and so a charge lasted about 10 minutes. I also didn't like the trigger that you had to keep pressed in to keep the the thing working as it hurt my dodgy hands. I've got a Shark now, corded, it does a very good job but I find it really heavy to move around. No pleasing me!

CC

I had a cordless stick Dyson vacuum and I hated it from day one but Mr CC bought it so it stayed. It was rubbish in my house with dog hair, dog dust and dog stoor. It just didn't cut it and you had to have it on max power the whole time and so a charge lasted about 10 minutes. I also didn't like the trigger that you had to keep pressed in to keep the the thing working as it hurt my dodgy hands. I've got a Shark now, corded, it does a very good job but I find it really heavy to move around. No pleasing me!

CC
Ahh its horses for courses CC. I have the new V10 it has an hour charge and that's at the lowest setting and its very efficient. But I love Dyson always have had one even the corded. I never throw them away I just clean them up and give to my grateful daughters who are used to them the corded and stick. The V10 is fantastic upgrade have it on the wall. ready to go. its easy to empty and fast

CC
Dog stoor? What is stoor? Please tell me it’s not a a typing error and meant to be dog stool......I have nasty visions of that going up the hoover....

You cant beat the Dyson stick vacuum cleaners. last for years and clean throughly and super fast. The V10 is out of this world the last TSV. Managed to get a Fluffy head direct from Dyson to fit as I have loads of hard flooring. Best thing ever. the fluffy head is super fast and very efficient
Unless one has pretty clean floors, doesn't the fluffy get filthy? Is it washable. I have one & am scared to use it as my floors see a lot of action (springer spaniel) but heard they are good . What does fluffy actually do that the other heads don't?

Dog stoor? What is stoor? Please tell me it’s not a a typing error and meant to be dog stool......I have nasty visions of that going up the hoover....
Ah yes, dog stoor, it doesn't really just have to be dog, families create stoor but dog hurries it along. It's all those kind of dust bunnies, hair and bits that gather in corners (especially on stairs). Definitely not dog stools!!! No dog of mine poohs in the house (unless ill or something). I think stoor might be a scottish thing. I remember my gran scolding "big roy" (the dog) for messing up the house lol. I loved big roy, dream dog.

CC

Ah yes, dog stoor, it doesn't really just have to be dog, families create stoor but dog hurries it along. It's all those kind of dust bunnies, hair and bits that gather in corners (especially on stairs). Definitely not dog stools!!! No dog of mine poohs in the house (unless ill or something). I think stoor might be a scottish thing. I remember my gran scolding "big roy" (the dog) for messing up the house lol. I loved big roy, dream dog.

CC
Thank you. I figured it was probably Scottish slang; I have a thing for Scottish crime fiction, (especially if read by David Monteath) and so have picked up quite a few colloquiumnisns. My favourite being "coupon". And one day I will have "square sausage.

Unless one has pretty clean floors, doesn't the fluffy get filthy? Is it washable. I have one & am scared to use it as my floors see a lot of action (springer spaniel) but heard they are good . What does fluffy actually do that the other heads don't?
The brush does not seem to hold onto the dirt. The head self cleans. Its sooooo fast at cleaning the floor. I had Laminate fitted a year ago in the kitchen/diner, hall, downstairs loo and a very large lounge. I can clean the whole of the downstairs in minutes. its very thorough as the head picks up fine dust as well as larger particles and fluff. The regular head has a beater bar that's not great on plank type flooring can wear between the joins. iI you have hard floors you need this. Don't get me wrong the regular Dyson head is very very efficient. But the fluffy is a must have imo.You can buy the head separately from Dyson. give them the serial number of your cleaner and they will send you the right head. Eventually!!!

CC
We don't have any carpet downstairs, just rugs on hard floors; I have a mop from Wilko that has a fleece cover & whizz it around the floors in between vac sessions. I like housework & like to think our home is clean, enter small granddaughter who loves going under & behind furniture & then calls out: "In fact, it's very, very dirty here with lots of boo fuff (blue fluff)". Thanks treasure.

CC
AAh. I call stoor 'dust sausages'

'Big Roy' Haaaaaa! Love! What breed? I'm sensing a shepherd?

We don't have any carpet downstairs, just rugs on hard floors; I have a mop from Wilko that has a fleece cover & whizz it around the floors in between vac sessions. I like housework & like to think our home is clean, enter small granddaughter who loves going under & behind furniture & then calls out: "In fact, it's very, very dirty here with lots of boo fuff (blue fluff)". Thanks treasure.
I was just like that when I was tiny. I can actually remember being 2 years old!

.....On the bus with Grandad...... (a very special treat as we had a car, so bus=great fun)... "Grandad! Grandad! Look at that man's big nose! (Grandad pretends not to hear) Grandad! Can you see it Grandad?
Big nose was what I now know to be severe acne rosacea - huge, swollen, bulbous. Poor Grandad. Apparently he told Mom all about the incident. He was mortified.

I remember the one time my son left me cringing with embarrassment. He was two years old and saw a lady coming towards us. In a very loud voice he said “Why is that lady hopping?”

The woman was an amputee and was using crutches. Bless her, she just smiled at him, as I mouthed “sorry,” and continued on her way.

"Out of the mouths of babes". One daughter told everyone in the queue in Sainsburys that a man was very smelly, fortunately she couldn't pronounce certain words so "fwell" didn't upset him. The other announced that the badly dressed lady walking into M&S was in fact a man & even pointed out the colour outfit to make sure they could see him. I'm surprised we weren't banned from the centre!

I'm embarrassed that I paid £59 for a travel hairdryer because it was GHD. I wanted to replace my cheapo Nicky Clarke dryer that I'd had for years as I'd broken the diffuser and I wasn't that enamoured with it anyway as it was pretty bulky and the high setting was uncomfortably hot. When I bought it, I wanted to treat myself to a "prestige brand", didn't particularly want a travel dryer, but tbh, it was the only GHD I could possibly afford! For its 1200 wattage it packs quite a punch, and dries my hair pretty quickly, though it does make it a bit "frizzy". I like that it folds up small into a drawstring bag, and if needs be I can take it on holiday with me. Having said all this I think I'd have been better off looking up the reviews of good hairdryers, and I'm pretty sure I'd have found something better for less. Even if I could afford to spend £300 on myself I'd want a lot more than a blinking hairdryer!

Latest posts

Back