Early Order The Zumba TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I got it when it was the last TSV. I'm ashamed to admit that it's still in its box and the DVDs have yet to be opened. No excuse except I always seem to find something else to do.

I'm having an extension built at the moment and so have had workmen in the house all day for a few weeks and, although I'm now ready to start leaping around the lounge to get fit, I somehow think I'd get some very odd looks if I started dancing around. Maybe when they finish it this Friday I might just turn the DVD player on and get started, but thereagain .......... I've so many other things to do. :wink:

I suppose I could put the DVDs on as background music while I decorate. :thinking:

Advantage of buying on QVC - 30 day money back guarantee, easy pay, cheaper than buying on Zumba site, only place to get Target Zones 3 dvd pack (71 mins running time total) other than zumba site.
Disadvantages.. heafty P&P!! Even though with p&p.. I would think that the extra target zones has to be worth the extra money.. compared to the amazon price.

as there's obviously a great following, it does seen nuts to have an identical tsv plus the 3 new dvds. anne said 'if you got this last time you can give the rest away'. how ridiculous.

i've forced myself to listen to her albeit sound as low as possible because i particularly wanted to hear the music. it seems interninably boring - as though it never changes. can anyone who has them tell me if the music actually makes you want to dance? i wish they'd show us some of the actual videos rather than the people prancing around.

I got the last TSV which I have found to be great fun but I won't be going for this one just to add the "target zones" to my collection. I didn't buy it from the "weight loss" point of view as having a dog ensures I do a decent walk every day but Zumba is thoroughly enjoyable when you put in the effort. It doesn't work if you think just owning the equipment will make you lose the pounds.......bit like buying a treadmill or whatever to hang your clothes on!! :wink:

I have to say that I think Anne looks fantastic and I can thoroughly understand her enthusiasm in promoting the product. She looks far healthier than JR with her weight loss but perhaps some underlying issues need to be considered as far as the "Queen of QVC" is concerned.

There are a couple of dvds previews on the love zumba channel on youtube. You can also listen to some of the tracks on the cds/dvds on youtube or Spotify for free.
I agree that they should have done a similar kit with the music cds included as well or the launch of the Exhiliarate dvds in the UK.

They are really focusing on the target zones dvds but have not mentioned at all the duration of them. There is a review on this blog:
http://crm549.blogspot.com/2011/05/zumba-target-zones-abs-legs-thoughts.html

"Zumba Target Zones is a three disk series that focuses on target areas. In Zumba Abs & Legs, Tanya Beardsley leads you in a 26 minute workout that uses moves that predominately focuses on the Abs and Legs.

Some of the moves are static side taps, squats (lots), courtesy dips, standing crunches, knee lifts, side bends.

The rhythms used in this workout are:

Calypso, Tango, Reggaeton, Salsa and a Rhumba Cooldown.

Like the other Target Zones workouts, Zumba Cardio & Glutes is led by Tanya Beardsley. This workout is 22 minutes long and features the following sections:

Zamba Zamba - Belly Dance/Salsa (5:07)

Zu Bailaito - Quebradita (4:25)

C'mon and Dance - Merengue/Hip-Hop (5:46)

Muevete Pa'ca Musevet Pa'lla - Salaa/Reggaeton (4:19)

Arabian Myth - Cool Down (2:54)

Zumba Target Zones Arms & Obliques is 23 minutes in length and it is led by Tanya Beardsley.

There are five segments and they break down as follows:
Hava Nagila - Israeli
Sahara Oasis - Belly Dance
La Fietsta - Flamenco
El Marciano - Merengue
Aromuzak - Cool Down

I think it depends on whether you like latin music, and like dancing! I personally love everything Spanish and enjoy the music!

So you are paying £10 more compared to Amazon just for the Target zones which is 71 minutes in total over the 3 dvds. plus the £5.45 delivery.

Last edited:
anne look really good great transformation anne but just maintain it and dont loose any more weight.

Good Lord.
MeeeeHaaaalll is flogging it now on the morning show like a grinning gnome. I think I may vomit.

Watching the presentation I wish they would play some other music – last night they seemed to keep repeating the Calypso over and over and there is much more music to dance to. The music on the Target Zones is really quite varied and included Hava Nagila - which is not what you'd call Latin at all!
I have the Target Zones DVDs. I really do like them. After four and a half months of Zumba I have seen good results. I've lost weight and lots of inches. I have been doing it five times a week and have been making better progress than a friend who is doing 3 classes a week (and paying £4 a pop for the privilege). Initially I did just the original set, then began to work in the Target Zones. I have now moved on to a two-week rotation of using the specific toning routines (2 of the 20 minute DVDs) one week, then the more standard (and more calorie burning) the other week, which seems to work. Lose a bit of weight, then tone up a little bit at a time. I am stronger, fitter and my Diane Gilman jeans (which I bought in a size smaller because I have a disproportionately small waist when compared with hips and bust) which once fit my waist perfectly and stretched to fit my hips and thighs, now fit the latter perfectly and hang away from my waist!

On 'Up You and Yours', a few months back, there was an interesting interview with the creatures of Zumba and just what a money spinner it all is. To be honest, it just looks like aerobics to Latin American music to me, I can't see much dancing involved. But if it helps people keep fit and improve general wellbeing then go for it, but for me I think I'll stick to a brisk walk and Belly Dancing.

thanks for the comments about the music. it does seem monotonous to me. i think i'd do better with disco.

my sister's got the zumba tsv and the music is reallt good fun. i get fed up of hearing the same old tunes on the qvc demo's.

This is the sort of product one has good intentions of buying but never really actually gets used.

The over-abiding memory I have of the Zumba adverts is the solo dance by a gormless Muscle Mary on the stage with the flexibility of a Zombie in the 'Thriller' video, supposedly singing along.

The class I go to in a local church hall, we do very little latin music. The teacher shouts out requests.

Bollywood: Ja Hoo
Pop: Candy Man, Single Ladies, Whip My Hair, Shake Your Tail Feathers(not sure if that is the name, its from the Blues Brothers)
Hip Hop: Dirty Bits(Time Of My Life)
Dance: Poison(no idea of the woman who sings it)
Country/Rock: The only bit I heard is "Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy"!!!:tongue:

Of course the Waki Waki song and a few latin dance tracks.
Slow down is usually Adele or something we do ballet like moves to.

Have to say its much faster than what they are showing on these DVDs

As I understand it, when instructors get licensed to teach Zumba classes they are given a degree of freedom regarding the music. There is, I think, a certain quite high percentage of Latin music (or other Zumba tracks) supposed to be used but other types for a smaller portion of the class can be the choice of the instructor. The new Zumba DVDs available in the US contain all manner of music, including bangra, chinese and axe etc. And yes, the overall content of the actual DVDs do go a lot faster than you'd think looking at the excerpts and the speed of the dances done in the studio. A friend of mine said that a supposed class at a well-known chain of health and sports clubs was just standard aerobics to Latin music and I guess there are different degrees to which Zumba instructors abide by the guidelines, so everyone's experience will be slightly different.

No surprise that the TSV hasn't sold out considering the bulk of it consists of the previously aired one apart from the additional DVDs. Maybe they should have offered a choice whereby those of us who'd bought earlier in the year could just purchase the extras to add to our set at a special price of course.......buyers missed an opportunity there methinks!! Having said that, I haven't watched any of the shows since the launch so perhaps you could buy them separately but I'll wait and shop around.

Sorry to bump this up but I bought this and didn't watch any of the presentation (I know, sucker!).....does anyone who got this (or the last TSV) have any recommendations of which one to start with please?

Thanks

Jo

Not sure what was in this last TSV Jo but does your set not contain a "Basics" DVD? I bought the previous one and that's where I started and believe me it's pretty 'heart-pounding' stuff! I'd like to think that I'm reasonably fit as I walk my dog every day at a reasonably fast pace but I still found it to be a good work-out.......probably woke up some muscles which had gone to ground I suppose!!!

Latest posts

Back